Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: August 2008 TOTM - Joseph "838stingray" Warman #529

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

August 2008 TOTM - Joseph "838stingray" Warman #529

Another month has past and a new one in full swing!!! Yup, that’s right!!! It’s that time again folks, to bestow the prestigious honor of NHTOC’s truck of The Month upon another member! For the month of August we go up to hustle and bustle of New York. This title goes to Joseph "838stingray" Warman, NHTOC member #529, and his very HOT and clean 2002 Black HD SCrew #10060!!! Joseph is a fairly new member, yet this dedicated family man and his flamed out Harley are truly deserving of this months award. As like all the members here, he continually is sharing his knowledge and enthusiasm for these trucks!! Congratulations J!!!! Oh and if you haven’t seen His sweet T-Rex…..you should, but that is another story all in itself!

Now onto what you guys and gals really want to see!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your HD Truck?

Being in the motorcycle business, I had always had my eye on these trucks. I had seen the Ford display many times at the Rallies we work, featuring these trucks, and thought it would be cool to have one in the arsenal of toys!

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

Well, we had been using my Dodge Dually for pulling the company trailer to all of the rallies. So we finally decided to step it up a notch and buy a company toterhome to pull with. Well at that point I really didn’t need the dually anymore. So I got home from the Laconia MC Rally and was driving past the local Ford dealer when I noticed that they had two ‘02’s on the lot parked back to back, a black one with 28k and a DSG with 80k. I really liked the DSG’s and the ’03 Shamus but a truck with 28k I couldn’t refuse. So I talked to the salesman that we knew there and my ’04 dually was traded straight up for the black ’02.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

Right now I am waiting for the rest of my cog system and the dual ashtray gauge pod to show up. Can’t wait to finish that off when I get home from the Stugis rally.

The *** suicide reverse hood, the Mike Davies Fire airbrushing, and the HID’s top and bottom, are my favorite mods that I have done. Others include the hard tonneau, the 22” Arellis, JLP traction bars, Jensen DVD Stereo, JL Stealthbox, couple of Rockford amps, and a rear TV for the kids, plus a bunch of motor mods and a PI converter to push the power numbers to 444/563 at the wheel.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

I am one of the owners of No Magic Neon and Street Magic LED’sand Cycle Products. A lot of my time gets chewed up with that. My hobbies are my toys, the truck, my bikes, go karts, etc. Pretty much anything I can get to go FAST! I have two daughters (ages 10 and 7) who enjoy my passion of speed and love to go on Bike rides. I guess the saying is true about the apple not falling far from the tree. We try to go on some weekly motorcycle rides thru the mountains here in NY with my friends and the girls.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

Actually the best thing about this site is the people here. Everyone seems to have a great attitude about sharing info and helping each other out. I have also met some really great people to hang and have fun with(the J-HO’sand DelValLO crew) even though they are 5 hours away. Maybe once some more NY’ers get on this site, we can get a NY-HO’s crew going.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

Just let people speak their mind! As long as we can talk honestly and openly, whether good, bad or indifferent, this group will grow and prosper. We all have a difference of opinion, some good, some not. What counts is allowing us to speak freely about the topics that come up here!

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

Ah yes the screen name?!?!? Well when I first started using AOL AIM and needed a screen name, I was really into Corvettes. When I wanted to use “69stingray” as my screen name, it was taken. So when the list of suggestions came up and it said that “838stingray” was the first available one, I took it.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck? so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

Lots and lots of chrome. Over the winter, I plan on pulling a bunch of things off and shipping them off to the chromer. What’s a Harley without chrome, right? I also just got a powder coating system which I am playing with. So I am pulling things off of the truck to experiment with. I know I have a hard lid on the truck, but I really want the wing back there, so it will eventually get the Gaylords. I’m just having a hard time swallowing the $1200 bill to do it. And the last thing is to swap the exhaust for the Lightning exit version. That just looks bad a$$! This has got to be one of the most fun and at the same time, most senseable vehicles I have had. I can pack the whole family up like the Brady Bunch and go have a family day with the “Black Refrigerator”!

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

As always, anytime that I can plug Mike Davies, I do! This guy has a talent that you just don’t see that often. Also hats off to my brother from another mother, Tony for the photo shoot for TOTM. Since I was leaving for Sturgis the day before I got the heads up on this, he jumped all over the opportunity to take the shots on short notice. And if any one wants accent, operational, HID Headlights or some real cool Can-am spyder accessories for their bike, check out our site, No Magic Neon Street Magic Index Page. Also I have been told that Barnett’s magazine will be doing a feature on my RoadGlide. It will be either in the August or September issue. It should have a sweet pic of me doign a burnout in my neighbors’ photo studio!
    And sorry for all of the smileys in my posts! My little one, Shelby is usually hanging over my shoulder when I’m looking at the forum and she always wants to add smileys everywhere.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    NICE Truck! Way to go.

I love the flames.
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Dr. Pepper is my choice!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations Jody!!!! Well deserved my friend I almost want to say "no to the NY-HO"...LMAO! JK...we like you being part of the Jersey Ho's

553-558 14lbs
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats!!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Congrats!!! Beautiful truck.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Way to go J. sweet truck.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Jody

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome truck!

--Snake

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    wtg jody!!!

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Congrats - very unique truck!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks everybody. I havent been able to check the site much since Stew asked for the info. Were in Sturgis right now for the Rally and we are sweating our a$$es off! I'll be home here in another week and a half and will have hopefully a better internet connection then here. And I wont stop being a J-Ho Amy if we can get some NY folks together. Maybe have some combined events?!?!?!?!? Like CDML?

Dr. Pepper is my choice!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 838stingray View Post
    Thanks everybody. I havent been able to check the site much since Stew asked for the info. Were in Sturgis right now for the Rally and we are sweating our a$$es off! I'll be home here in another week and a half and will have hopefully a better internet connection then here. And I wont stop being a J-Ho Amy if we can get some NY folks together. Maybe have some combined events?!?!?!?!? Like CDML?
    I'm sure a lot of us J-Ho's would come on up there

New Zealand.. Where???
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome truck. Mean fire air brushing!

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good lord that truck is HOT!!!!

Well deserved TOTM!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast