Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bad day at Walmart

tdr6874
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    they might toss up the..."did you happen to see the NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO VEHICLE WHILE ON PROPERTY" signs posted about???

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdr6874 View Post
    they might toss up the..."did you happen to see the NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO VEHICLE WHILE ON PROPERTY" signs posted about???

Actually there are NO signs worded that way. The only signage in the parking lot is on top of the shopping cart corrales. It reads: "Not responsible for damage to vehicles caused by shopping carts" So, there's no legal standing for them saying we were aware of their policy (not be be responsible for anything I guess)
    Last edited by harly4d; 09-29-2008 at 10:41 PM.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    When the truck I had back in 1999 got hit by a shopping cart in the Walmart parking lot, They payed to fix mine, I hope they fix yours also. That is a bunch of B.S.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dang I hate wally world LOL hope everything works out for ya .
    Eric

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HajiHunter View Post
    Dang I hate wally world LOL hope everything works out for ya .
    Eric

Thanks Eric, we go to small claims court in Frankfort Monday @ 1:00 PM. I'm hoping to leave there with a check in hand!

Did you get the monitors installed - I'd like to see some pics!

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    Thanks Eric, we go to small claims court in Frankfort Monday @ 1:00 PM. I'm hoping to leave there with a check in hand!
    Keep us posted.

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good luck today

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joedpl View Post
    Good luck today
    Thanks, just got home. Well, Walmart's prcoessing agent sent two store employess to the small claims case The judge agreed they couldn't not respresent Walmart in the case and instead of entering a default judgement for us (which is what she should have done since Walmart's processing agent CT Systems didn't shwo up) she referred the case to civial court and recomended I get a lawyer! Yeah, like I'm going to pay a lawyer $ 1000 to get me a $ 1000 judgement! Where's the sense in that? We can appeal her decision within 10 days - and that's the route we might go. Right now I just need to calm down and stop fuming!

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That BL@WS!!!!

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    Thanks, just got home. Well, Walmart's prcoessing agent sent two store employess to the small claims case The judge agreed they couldn't not respresent Walmart in the case and instead of entering a default judgement for us (which is what she should have done since Walmart's processing agent CT Systems didn't shwo up) she referred the case to civial court and recomended I get a lawyer! Yeah, like I'm going to pay a lawyer $ 1000 to get me a $ 1000 judgement! Where's the sense in that? We can appeal her decision within 10 days - and that's the route we might go. Right now I just need to calm down and stop fuming!
    Sounds like another stall tactic by wally world...they new who you have to send and if they don't want the possible outcomes could be....so know they are hoping you stop becuase of what this judge said. I would contact your local news if you haven't already and let them in on this...as Walmart does stuff like this all the time.

Appeal her decision and request a default judgement in your favor becuase of what Walmart is doing.

I hate that company!!!!

tdr6874
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    why an appeal???? did the judge say you filed in the wrong court, or the judge suggest you try the other court first??? if walmart sent the wrong people and the judge did not want to proceed, the judge should have reset the case for a future date until the proper persons did arrive at court....and on the second or third or fourth attempt at a trial walmart was a no show, the judge should by then be pissed and send a message to walmart and make judgement in your favor.....sounds like the judge just yanked your chain to clear the docket. you should only file an appeal if a decision is made one way or the other....there is no need for an appeal on a case with no verdict or outcome....mmmm???

tdr6874
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    after reading again, i think the case you presented was dismissed due to possibly filing in wrong court, the judge gave you direction to go further in a civil court....you can ask for all attorney fees to be paid by walmart that you incurred (if you win) to be added to the total value damage that you have....its all that extra pain, suffering, ****** anguish, embarrassment, missed work for going to paint shops for quotes....and so on ect, ect, ect

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdr6874 View Post
    after reading again, i think the case you presented was dismissed due to possibly filing in wrong court, the judge gave you direction to go further in a civil court....you can ask for all attorney fees to be paid by walmart that you incurred (if you win) to be added to the total value damage that you have....its all that extra pain, suffering, ****** anguish, embarrassment, missed work for going to paint shops for quotes....and so on ect, ect, ect
    Ok, so if I did file in the wrong court - why? The small claims here in Kentucky explicitly gives me the right to take any company, corporation or business to court for up to $ 1500. I conatacted the attourney generals office to find out who Wal-Marts process agent was - CT Corporation Systems. I had them served. The amount is $ 1000 and some change. So, what is it exactly that makes my case not small claims worthy? Becuase Wal-Mart (probably purposely) sent two people who work for the store to represent them in a courtroom setting, who weren't even authorized to be there on behalf of them? This case really has my blood pressure elevated! So, I need to find out tomorrow my small claims case ever had a decision entered. If it did, then I believe I have grounds for an appeal. If not I think I'm sh!t out of luck. Anyone here a lawyer or know one that could help me. I can't see spending thousands of dollars on an attorney only to get $ 1000. That makes no sense!

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just start stealing shopping carts and selling them to the scrap yard until you get your grand back

Just kidding. I'd get the news involved as others have said. Wally World does not want any more negative publicity, it gets plenty as it is.....And the news crews are free....

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelemoine View Post
    Just start stealing shopping carts and selling them to the scrap yard until you get your grand back

Just kidding. I'd get the news involved as others have said. Wally World does not want any more negative publicity, it gets plenty as it is.....And the news crews are free....
    We have a segment on our local news that does that. Plain Joe can't get anything accomplished but as soon as a news camera shows up in their face they are all like "I was going to pay them" BULL####!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast