Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad day at Walmart

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bad day at Walmart

Today we decide to take the wifes truck (because she doesn't have to put premium in) to Walmart to get a few things. When we get out to the parking lot I notice right away there is damage to the upper tailgate area. After noticing there was no bumper damage - I blamed the wife for backing into something. She did use to drive a small Saturn.... Anyway, after a little more investigating - we found a bunch of pieces of thick plastic and a rubber seal, in and around the bed of the truck. It was the lens from one of the lights in the parking lot. We did have some super strong winds today from Ike's remnants, so I'm sure that's what caused it. We saved the evidence, but we have to wait until tomorrow for Walmart to review their security camera footage, and hopefully they'll pony up the money to get it fixed!
    Last edited by harly4d; 11-18-2008 at 11:46 PM.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    dude that sucks...hopefully you get it fixed on their dime.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    man, that bites, but the "CSI" evidence may prove that one of those parking lot lights fell like the proverbial bird poop right on your nice truck. good luck with the repairs, shi*t happens.

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    That sucks. Hope the video evidence is "conclusive" in your favor.

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was once told retail stores wouldn't cover acts of God....I hope that was BS and you are able to get it repaired on their dime if the evidence is there to show it was their property that caused it.

SPEED-CONTROL=0
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's awful man------------I hope everything works out to your satisfaction. I am scared to drive anything of value to certain places ! When i go to Walmart I park my beater right next to the shopping carts---I might even push one away if its in my way with my beater !!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    man that sucks! hopefully they take care of you and don't say go pound salt!

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not a good sight

I believe if it is indeed their sign, they will make it right to you...

...good luck

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good luck with the repairs, I'll think twice about parking close to those things next time.

07HD06217
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dude that sucks. I always hate parking in those shopping center parking lots. seebn too many bad things happen.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As soon as the wife gets back from shool, we're heading up there to get the verdict. Someone is going to pay for the repairs, even if I have to find out who made the light fixture and take them to small claims court! We only had sustained winds of 30 mph and gust to 50. There should be no reason for this to have fallen down. Just imagine if it had hit a person!!!

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Now, thinking again, shouldn't you had called the police to make a report at the scene?

I now you have pictures and all, but will that be enough?

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffmann View Post
    Now, thinking again, shouldn't you had called the police to make a report at the scene?

I now you have pictures and all, but will that be enough?

Well, the police were going to be called - except police here don't normally respond unless someone is injured in an accident. However, Walmart's maanger came out, looked at the damage and filled out the report. The only problem is the other manager who reviews the videos was not there yesterday. So, it sounds like they'll step up and pay, but who knows! Of course it is a confilict of interest, that is, them having the video footage that proves they are at fault. I don't suppose they'd just hand over a copy to me....

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    Well, the police were going to be called - except police here don't normally respond unless someone is injured in an accident. However, Walmart's maanger came out, looked at the damage and filled out the report. The only problem is the other manager who reviews the videos was not there yesterday. So, it sounds like they'll step up and pay, but who knows! Of course it is a confilict of interest, that is, them having the video footage that proves they are at fault. I don't suppose they'd just hand over a copy to me....
    If they give you a hard time, threaten to get the local news' investigative reporter involved. They will do a big expose on the dangers of Wal-Marts unsafe parking lots. Sounds stupid but use the media vultures to attack the corporate vulchers and then step out of the way and wait for your check! Wally World doesn't want or need any more bad media publicity, and this was in no way your fault or responsibility, you should be able to park safely!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlelsafe View Post
    If they give you a hard time, threaten to get the local news' investigative reporter involved. They will do a big expose on the dangers of Wal-Marts unsafe parking lots. Sounds stupid but use the media vultures to attack the corporate vulchers and then step out of the way and wait for your check! Wally World doesn't want or need any more bad media publicity, and this was in no way your fault or responsibility, you should be able to park safely!
    I was getting yanked around by the Leer dealer back when the 00's factory OEM tonneau covers were coming out. 18 months to get the ford factory hard tonneau, and the leer dealers doing the installs were SOOOO azz backwards and slow. Few calls to a couple news stations, and a day later my phone was ringing my tonneau was ready for install. Its definately a route to check out if Walmart won't pay for the damages!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast