Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: October 2008 TOTM -Christopher "Krix330cic" Hyslop #290

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

October 2008 TOTM -Christopher "Krix330cic" Hyslop #290

NHTOC TOTM for the month of October 2008 is awarded to Christopher "Krix330cic" Hyslop (NHTOC #290) and his completely transformed 2003 Supercrew Two Tone HD!!! Words can not convey the massive transformation this truck has undergone over a 3 ½ year endeavor. With the patience of Job; Chris spared no expense in creativity, or attention to detail and the result is truly immaculate in every aspect and a definite work of art! No job is ever complete and I am quite sure that Chris still has things yet to be done, but this awe-inspiring, frame laying masterpiece is a definite head turner for sure and will be tearing up the Show Truck Scene for some time to come! Already numerous photo shoots have been conducted and most assuredly there are more to follow! Just stay tuned for an expose’, on this beaut, in a few magazines in the near future! Congrats Chris on such a huge undertaking and TOTM! Now Get Out and DRIVE!!!!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your HD Truck?

The fact that is was still supercharged, like my Lightning and had four doors for our soon to be expanding family.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

The reasoning I gave my wife for going from the Lightning to the Harley, was this way there would be room for our two yellow lab puppies, and one day we will need a place for a car seat.
    Needless to say, the dogs never get a ride, and my 3yr old just recently got to ride to a car show with me, it was awesome!

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

Right now, the interior, bed, body and suspension work are my favorites.
    The use of wood and the brown distressed material really pull together the exteriors colors that were used inside on the center console and sub enclosure.
    The fact that all the front clip pieces were original Lincoln Navigator parts, and how mostly everything is either shaved, modified, and molded in, to create the seamless look.
    I love the way the truck sits right now. It has about another 2" left, but in order to save all the body work from destruction, its set to air out where you see it in the pictures. I can however, drive it nice and slow at that height still, at a show or when stuck in traffic if I wanted.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

I will turn 30 years old this month and when I am not working for "Big Oil", I enjoy my time off at home with my wife and two boys, ages 1 and 3.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

Easy. The fact that no matter what the part or year of the truck, someone on this site has done it before and will answer every dumb question you have until you get it done!
    Be it post replies, private messages, emails, phone calls, or text messages, our members are always willing to help.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

More involvement by our many vendors. I know this isn't something the NHTOC site owners or moderators have control over, its more of a suggestion to the vendors we currently have.
    There are some awesome guys behind the company names, it would just be nice to see them post and give their 0.02 on some threads, including new topics on their products or just BS'ing with the guys.

Question # 7: This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

The Krix thing was just a nickname from a long time ago, and the 330cic(NJ) was from my show BMW. I have much simpler usernames these days.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

To drive it! Plan was always, once it was finished, to enjoy it with my wife and kids, and try not to crack anything up in the process!

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

I would just like to give big thanks for all the support during this 3 1/2 year project. Never in a million years did we expect it to ever take so long or encounter half the many problems, setbacks, and issues we did. Having good friends and strong family support along the way, helped get me through some tough times and even tougher decisions. Looking back it was a huge learning experience for me, not just in how a custom project like this comes together, but the many faces of the people you encounter along the way.
    Thanks for choosing me for TOTM. Between this, my three magazine shoots and all the positive replies to SeamLess, its been an awesome feeling these past few months!
    Last edited by BigD; 10-03-2008 at 05:13 PM.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats - you deserve it!!

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Chris...after all the pain you have been thru, it is indeed a deserved TOTM

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    bout time!!!

New Zealand.. Where???
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats. Much deserved!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ...go figure!!!! j/k congrats.... awesome truck you got there...one of the best ive seen
    Anthony

Go Dawgs
    Name: Terry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats, awesome truck.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Extremely worthy of this honor. Congrats Chris.

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    awesome! your well deserving!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Awesome! Congrats.

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats!

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats! Very well deserved.
    Rusty
    2006 F250 DSG HD
    Black 2003 #00023 - SOLD

R.I.P Blake "Fuzion" Finnell

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome ride, congrats

07HD06217
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    words do not do it justice, but it is an Awsome truck, Congrats on TOTM!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast