Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Please help me get low

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasGT01 View Post
    if you think your going to be tuckin the wheels 1/2" or 1" its going to look like this... and this is without a notch in the rear...

That is a sweet rig!!!

I am told that my truck should sit very similar to that. I've ordered the kit and I am hoping to have it all done in less than 1 month.

josh

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You can get a set of coil compressors pretty cheap, the ones you do by hand with a wrench, I have a set...

But when I did my truck, I didn't even use anything

Slowest 03 HD n the WORLD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    your going to have to shave your inner fender lips flat... and the rear will be real close to the frame.. big bumps it will bounce around on....

def do a notch...

all my suspension conisited of was:

cut stock coils 2 full coils off (est 4" drop)
    no isolaters
    flip kit (went to 4 wheel parts bought the correct spring perches and welded them on (14 bucks)
    jlp shackles on the 2" setting...

i had less then 200 in it.. prob less then 150...

on the spring perches the hole needs to be cleaned up alittle and widened just a hair...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasGT01 View Post
    your going to have to shave your inner fender lips flat... and the rear will be real close to the frame.. big bumps it will bounce around on....

def do a notch...

all my suspension conisited of was:

cut stock coils 2 full coils off (est 4" drop)
    no isolaters
    flip kit (went to 4 wheel parts bought the correct spring perches and welded them on (14 bucks)
    jlp shackles on the 2" setting...

i had less then 200 in it.. prob less then 150...

on the spring perches the hole needs to be cleaned up alittle and widened just a hair...
    I am doing the c-notch.

The shop that is doing my install is: Southern Offroad a one stop off-road shop - Home

Got em to come down on the price. $750 out the door. Two year warranty. And I don't end up with welders, cutting torches, and other various tools I may never use again.

All said and done, this is gonna cost me about $1600. Much better than the original $2350. And, going by most peoples opinions here, and at NLOC, I am getting higher quality components. Sport Truck Direct - Belltech and Western Combo Lowering Kit Specials ( Drop Kit Specials )

Thanks a ton for all the help. I will post before and after pictures in 2-3 weeks hopefully!

josh

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds much better than 2350..... I guess if your not touching anything that is not a bad price... But me personally, even for 1600 I could bag mine and do the work myself...

But kudos on getting them to come down on the price... Cannot wait to see it

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    before you do the spindles and springs for the front lmk.. i have a set i am just waiting on them to get here.. i changed direction i think.. waiting on someone to get back to me...

if you were closer i am sure i know someone who would do it dirt cheap.. and be good...

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    huh, guess I was doing something wrong since I didn't need any torches or welders or any of that stuff to install all the various drop setups on my truck

whats that saying....can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How is the truck they pictured so low and still able to be driven? Looks to me that the front tires would rub...

Or its bagged

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    mine is almost that low. i bet if i took the iso's out it would sit like that in the front. mine rubs a little but its not stopping me from driving it.
    as far as the thread goes, why come on and ask for everyones opinion if you already had your mind made up about what you were going to do. many different people gave their set ups and opinions on what you were asking. im not knocking you for spending money and doing what you want to do. simple hand tools and a few hours of your time will get you exactly what you want. good luck and post some pics when done

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    How is the truck they pictured so low and still able to be driven? Looks to me that the front tires would rub...

Or its bagged
    my truck didnt rub unless its a HARD u turn.. no worse then the people with 295s out front or the big 275s or whatever they use...

the inside of the fender lips are shaved smoother so i have about another 1/2 to turn really...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmm... when I had 295's on mine it wasn't too bad... Now my 305/55's, 5 point turns HAHAHA

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    See you've made your decision. But FWIW I installed the following lowering parts just using an SAE and Metric Socket Set, SAE Open End Wrench Set, Jack Stands and Floor Jack. I'm not a mechanic either and can understand your uneasyness, however, I needed to save BIG $$, so I dove in....pretty much followed the "How TO" Instructions posted hear and at other truck sites. Asked questions and got prompt answers from the guys here when I needed to. My drop is only a 2/4, so as mentioned earlier you could have also added Belltech 2" Drop Spindles Front and 2" Drop Shackles in the rear for additional drop.

Belltech 1-2" PRO Coil Spring Set, P/N BEL23804, ...............$ 123.54
    Belltech Shock Extensions, P/N BEL6657, $55.99 + 10.99=.. $ 66.98
    Belltech 3" Rear Drop Leaf Springs , P/N 5986, $ 120.13 X 2... ...$ 240.26
    TOTAL: .................................................. ..........................$ 430.78

Sulastic Rubber Springs (too reduce bed bounce & harshness)$ 269.00
    GRAND TOTAL............................................. ......................$ 699.78
    I'm running 22" wheels w/285/35's Front & 305/40's Rear. As far as rubbing goes, I have to use care when turning into inclined or uneven driveways/roadways.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    man those 22's look sooooooo fine with that stance!!!

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HD150 View Post
    I have a JLP shackle out back on the 4" setting and my axle is RESTING about 1/4 of an inch off the bump stops. However i do have a fiberglass cover also which adds some weight. But i would say 3-4 is all youll get out back with out going crazy. Front is stock so i have no input there sorry.
    can u post a picture of your truck bc im thinking bout lookin into that same setup
    or a 2/3 setup bc it is a daily driver

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    btw OP...

i have a set of spindles and 3" Belltech coils both brand new for sale..

i will post them in the classifieds soon...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast