Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Please help me get low

GOMEZ HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    dallasgto1 what lowering kit do u have i like. is the front bumper to low of the ground?

GOMEZ HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what size r ur tires?

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    The last person's drop you want to duplicate is dallas's. Backyard hack job sums it up pretty well. Just remove the coil spring completely, and put the wheels back on. That'll pretty much get you the stance and ride quality.

GOMEZ HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    flat--line did u lowered ur truck if do let c sum pics

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    By the way what ever happened to Dallas ? Wasn't he going in the military,once he beat you Josh???..............lol
    Last edited by harleyhank; 10-02-2009 at 07:24 AM. Reason: misspell

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyhank View Post
    By the way what ever happened to Dallas ? Wasn't he going in the military,once he beat you Josh???..............lol
    he had a USMC avatar, then I asked him about it because he said he was turned down like 3 times by the military. I asked if they finally let him in, and he got all pissy and changed it to something else lol. I think he needed to go back and get his GED or something Maybe he's actually got a JOB now and is working, and why he's no longer on here bragging about the money he spends on his truck without having a job. You know you're cool when you brag about spending mommy's money on the truck, not having a job, and being denied 3 times by the service because you need a GED or something. Impressive resume Dallas has!

78shovel 91bagger 2000
    Name: Jim

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    he had a USMC avatar, then I asked him about it because he said he was turned down like 3 times by the military. I asked if they finally let him in, and he got all pissy and changed it to something else lol. I think he needed to go back and get his GED or something Maybe he's actually got a JOB now and is working, and why he's no longer on here bragging about the money he spends on his truck without having a job. You know you're cool when you brag about spending mommy's money on the truck, not having a job, and being denied 3 times by the service because you need a GED or something. Impressive resume Dallas has!

WOW you mean we get RUT's here on this site

RUB'S is what we call Rich Urban Bikers , for those that have all the Harley garb , you know the ones that think they are a biker because they spent 20 grand and have only clocked 20 miles, hence the saying
    "20 grand and 20 miles don't make you a biker"

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 03_HD_F150SC View Post
    See you've made your decision. But FWIW I installed the following lowering parts just using an SAE and Metric Socket Set, SAE Open End Wrench Set, Jack Stands and Floor Jack. I'm not a mechanic either and can understand your uneasyness, however, I needed to save BIG $$, so I dove in....pretty much followed the "How TO" Instructions posted hear and at other truck sites. Asked questions and got prompt answers from the guys here when I needed to. My drop is only a 2/4, so as mentioned earlier you could have also added Belltech 2" Drop Spindles Front and 2" Drop Shackles in the rear for additional drop.

Belltech 1-2" PRO Coil Spring Set, P/N BEL23804, ...............$ 123.54
    Belltech Shock Extensions, P/N BEL6657, $55.99 + 10.99=.. $ 66.98
    Belltech 3" Rear Drop Leaf Springs , P/N 5986, $ 120.13 X 2... ...$ 240.26
    TOTAL: .................................................. ..........................$ 430.78

Sulastic Rubber Springs (too reduce bed bounce & harshness)$ 269.00
    GRAND TOTAL............................................. ......................$ 699.78
    I'm running 22" wheels w/285/35's Front & 305/40's Rear. As far as rubbing goes, I have to use care when turning into inclined or uneven driveways/roadways.
    I love the look of your truck!!! i'm doing my reading and right after christmas its going to be time for me to drop mine some!

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    See you've made your decision. But FWIW I installed the following lowering parts just using an SAE and Metric Socket Set, SAE Open End Wrench Set, Jack Stands and Floor Jack. I'm not a mechanic either and can understand your uneasyness, however, I needed to save BIG $$, so I dove in....pretty much followed the "How TO" Instructions posted hear and at other truck sites. Asked questions and got prompt answers from the guys here when I needed to. My drop is only a 2/4, so as mentioned earlier you could have also added Belltech 2" Drop Spindles Front and 2" Drop Shackles in the rear for additional drop.

Belltech 1-2" PRO Coil Spring Set, P/N BEL23804, ...............$ 123.54
    Belltech Shock Extensions, P/N BEL6657, $55.99 + 10.99=.. $ 66.98
    Belltech 3" Rear Drop Leaf Springs , P/N 5986, $ 120.13 X 2... ...$ 240.26
    TOTAL: .................................................. ..........................$ 430.78

Sulastic Rubber Springs (too reduce bed bounce & harshness)$ 269.00
    GRAND TOTAL............................................. ......................$ 699.78
    I'm running 22" wheels w/285/35's Front & 305/40's Rear. As far as rubbing goes, I have to use care when turning into inclined or uneven driveways/roadways.

Where do you get the Sulastic Rubber Springs from? I found their website, and they list them at $350 for the 2002 f150. (https://www.sulastic.com/Default.aspx)

I'm very interested in these, do they really work? I had been hopeful that my trucks tendency to get quite bouncy on cement freeways would be fixed when I replaced the stock shocks with L-spec bilsteins, but that isn't the case, in fact I would say that it is worse now with the firmer bilsteins. Unfortunately the worst of these freeways is in my local area that I travel every day soon as I get 30 miles away it's nice and smooth, hah

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    Where do you get the Sulastic Rubber Springs from? I found their website, and they list them at $350 for the 2002 f150. (https://www.sulastic.com/Default.aspx)

I'm very interested in these, do they really work? I had been hopeful that my trucks tendency to get quite bouncy on cement freeways would be fixed when I replaced the stock shocks with L-spec bilsteins, but that isn't the case, in fact I would say that it is worse now with the firmer bilsteins. Unfortunately the worst of these freeways is in my local area that I travel every day soon as I get 30 miles away it's nice and smooth, hah
    I experienced a bouncy and harsher ride with the L Spec Bilsteins after switching to the Belltech 3-4" Drop Leafs. I then switched the rears from the L Spec Bilsteins to the Hotchkis Sport Suspension (HPS) 1000 Shocks. They improved the comfort, but still not enough to really please my backside. After much research I settled on Sulsatic's Rubber Springs. I can't corner as agressive as I could with the L spec's, but handling is still very good and I love the trade off for better ride comfort during local and Hi-way travel.

I bought my Sulastic Springs off their site just after Christmas 2007, they had an after Xmas promotion. During that same time I got my drop Leafs from Amazon.com , they also had after Xmas sale. I usually look of those kinds of sales to get big discounts on hi-dollar items. It doesn't hurt to call and ask for discounts. They can only say yea or nay.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    man you got a great deal on your leafs I can't seem to find any good prices :\

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    SummitRacing.Com seems to have the best price available after shipment costs are added. Unfortunately, their leafs are backordered, with a tentative ship date of 3/11/2010.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    SummitRacing.Com seems to have the best price available after shipment costs are added. Unfortunately, their leafs are backordered, with a tentative ship date of 3/11/2010.
    I know I saw that today.. says they only have 1 in stock

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    stillen.com has them for 160 shipped

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thumbs up Nice Find

And w/ free shipping.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4