Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: ***NEW WORLD RECORD*** 10.91 @ 126 mph!!!!!!!

Over The Pond
    Name:

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilaybrk View Post
    what did you have to do to get the 15s on the front
    jack, 15" Bogarts bolt right on with standard brakes. I found that out last year when Ricki loaned me his while his engine was back at JDM.
    They were worth exactly 10th in the quarter.

Awsome job Josh. If anyone deserves that on here, it's you.

So, what's it going to take to get in the 9's?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats on the record. after reading all the threads on your buildup and seeing the dedication you've put into that truck, it's a well deserved title

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Congrats Josh !! I toll you about the 10 second thread coming up soon.

Gotta Get There
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Josh.. it's been a long journey, but you've finally made it.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I cant even begin to think how big of a rush it was for you after that pass. heck just sitten there watching it was crazy. Of course I forgot my camera and all I got with my phone was the burn out. Well I was there for your 10 sec pass. so hopfully ill make a 12 sec pass for ya at cecil. lol. congrates once again
    02 dsg
    Current mods.
    JLP stage 3 motor,kb 2.3, jlp plenum,bassani comp r exhuast,High stall torque converter,2" rear drop, JLP CAI, Accufab TB, Diablo h/h, jlp dyno tune,3.2 upper, #10L, ,mafia,jlp oil ell. kit, dynojet wideband,JLP long bars, JLP IC tank,255 pumps,weapon x coil packs, denso plugs
    08'best:13.151@95.63 402/476
    09'best:11.89@115 548/590
    10'best:11.43@121 549/587

next up:2.6 kb,built trans,

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Congrats!!!

BIG TIME accomplishment that is well deserved!

Heck! ... I remember when I ran a 12.6 and "displaced" you on the "list"!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Josh.Ill put off my twin turbo '00 for a bit longer,and let you bask in the glow(read that:I have NO money to build said truck).I'll be givin you a call when the time(i.e.when I have TOO MUCH money)comes for the build.Been fun watching yours progress to this point.And,,,holy hell,,,in 6 days,,,that will be 5 years,,Ive been watching your truck!!!!!!!!!

The moments over,,,time for 9's?hehehehe
    Last edited by '02HD#3982; 11-01-2008 at 08:25 PM.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Josh! I know how much blood, sweat, and tears you've put into that truck and can only imagine how happy you must be. The truck has come a looooong way since the blown tranny at Mike's Famous!

--Snake

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Congrats Josh...keep it up

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Thanks everybody!

Man, no response from Dallas yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ilaybrk View Post
    what did you have to do to get the 15s on the front
    As Adam said, they fit right on! The rears still need to be ground though, so I'll be doing that this winter. I'd really like a set of Bogart D-10's with the centers anodized blue

Quote Originally Posted by walter123walter View Post
    Josh, Congratulations well deserved. Need to post up some vids.
    I've got a vid of the run, I just gotta get it uploaded. I'm going to mail s|ck a dvd with all my runs after SSOTN in 2 weeks, so at the very latest we'll have vids up in 3 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    So, what's it going to take to get in the 9's?
    Quote Originally Posted by '02HD#3982 View Post
    The moments over,,,time for 9's?hehehehe
    Ya know what, this is baaaaaaadddddd. I nearly skip the 11 second club with hitting a 10 three passes after breaking into the 11's And I'm already thinking about what I need for a 9 LoL!

Over this winter I'm doing bogarts all around, possibly ANOTHER gear change (at 5800 RPM"s through the traps at 128 mph on 3.73's & 28's lol), and the sheetmetal mammoth plenum for the 2.6, and bumping the boost up from 19 lbs to 24 lbs. Also I'd like to pickup an aluminum racing seat for the drivers seat since that'll ditch another solid 40-50 lbs. May also swap the hotchkis leafs for fiberglass leafs & front 1000 lb coils for V6 f150 springs to help my weight transfer. Looking at my launch pics, my truck launches flat as a board and nearly no lift lol. I need that better squat & lift to hook more. After all that, I figure I may be able to pull a 10.5-10.6 all boost in the Spring. Then I just may throw 150 shot on it for the fall with distant hopes for a 9.99 It'll without a doubt be a far stretch to reach that, but gotta set my goals!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    Congrats Josh! I know how much blood, sweat, and tears you've put into that truck and can only imagine how happy you must be. The truck has come a looooong way since the blown tranny at Mike's Famous!

--Snake
    hahaha the fatal burnout that started it all!!!!!!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    congrats : )

Slowest 03 HD n the WORLD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats... and its not really much of a improvement..

but congrats... i got to go a whole .07 faster...

that can be done in the 60 ft with ease....

i am suprised you only went 1.6s but you were taking her easy....

btw here in texas... in order for your pass to count it needs to be done 2x in the same day...

thats how the bike times work and all our track events also...

but hey.. congrats on the 10.90 bet it was a nice ride...

now bottle her and go low 10s...

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Don't hold back Dallas, you can let it out that you're a little jealous

And not a big improvement? I go from running low 12's to high 10's, yeah thats not a big accomplishment at all lmao. And there's only ever been ONE other HD in the 10's, and it was done TWO years ago, and with nitrous, yeah thats not a worthy accomplishment at all of surpassing that on boost only

And only 1.61 sixty foot? Thats the best 60' time on the times list. Thats quite an accomplishment for worn out 4 year old MT E/T streets. Set of 30" hoosiers and bogarts on the rear, and should have high 1.5's in the 60. I know I know, it won't compare to the 1.2 sixty foots and 8 second passes you'll be making, but until then, bench race on buddy!

You talk the talk for snagging the record for a year now with nothing to show. I say nothing for snagging the record anything soon, and just walk the walk and snag it away

Thanks for the laugh though ....just shows your extensive experience in drag racing these trucks lmfao!
    Last edited by Harley#356; 11-02-2008 at 02:49 PM.

Slowest 03 HD n the WORLD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    Don't hold back Dallas, you can let it out that you're a little jealous

And not a big improvement? I go from running low 12's to high 10's, yeah thats not a big accomplishment at all lmao. And there's only ever been ONE other HD in the 10's, and it was done TWO years ago, and with nitrous, yeah thats not a worthy accomplishment at all of surpassing that on boost only

And only 1.61 sixty foot? Thats the best 60' time on the times list. Thats quite an accomplishment for worn out 4 year old MT E/T streets. Set of 30" hoosiers and bogarts on the rear, and should have high 1.5's in the 60. I know I know, it won't compare to the 1.2 sixty foots and 8 second passes you'll be making, but until then, bench race on buddy!

You talk the talk for snagging the record for a year now with nothing to show. I say nothing for snagging the record anything soon, and just walk the walk and snag it away

Thanks for the laugh though ....just shows your extensive experience in drag racing these trucks lmfao!
    its not a big improvement on the old record...

and you did alot also.. gutted and all... just like JLs "street truck"

and my experience is all on the street or the track in the GT, cobra or the bike...

my truck isnt really a track truck... but it will go quicker then the "current" record...

just give it time... my drug selling is alittle slow

but congrats... how soon is rcains going to be done??? and your still on for the pinks all out thing ehh??? you go gutted i go gutted heads up...

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    doesn't matter how much its improved over the old record. a new record is a new record, as much as it gets under your skin that its now currenty MY record LoL!

And ditched weight or not, its still a feat for a HD truck. And JL's truck had a full interior, tailgate, tonneau, etc. all on there. Really not much weight reduction on his.

While you keep talking smack and bench racing for another year, I'll just be making more changes to improve that record even further I'll be enjoying it while it lasts because rcain will undoubtedly be claiming it next year, but it should definitely lay down some KILLER times being a full tube chassis build

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast