Thread: Who is interested in a JL Audio Stealthbox GP?

Resident newbie
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who is interested in a JL Audio Stealthbox GP?

I have a friend that owns a local stereo shop here in Albany,GA that is going to try tomorrow and get us a price on a JL audio stealthbox. I told him that I thought I could probably get 10-15 people here interested in doing this but needed to gauge the amount of our interest. I would be in, if the price was good, if not I will personally find something else. At another shop I previously had a price of $499 (which is kinda high but cheaper than most for 1 unit). I'm sure if we had a large order JL would beat that price by a good bit. Anyways, I should know more by tomorrow afternoon and let you guys know.

But, I need to know now who would be seriously interested in doing this. Also this deal would have to be done really soon like in a week or so if it were to go thru. Thix box will fit 02-03 HD's, not sure about the 01's. This is the box with a JL 12w3v2 in it. Ok, who's in?

Here is the link to JL box...
    JL audio stealthbox
    03' Black Harley Davidson F150 #713
    My Harley Pics

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm in if the deal is good enough.
    My local shop says he did a HD with a custom box that involved the removal of the storage compartments behind the seats.
    Said he could do it for about $200.Although he has also done the Stealthbox and said it hit really hard.
    I'd rather go with the JL.I think it's a cleaner set-up.

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really want the box, but I am not going to spend $500 for it right now, as I have way too much going on, but if the deal was great, then I am in.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone have pics of it installed? It says on the JL site that the console still has some space in it. I'm curious how much space it leaves in there.
    I may consider this over the Blackwood box. Yeah, I know there is a HUGE difference. I'm more concerned about function than I am about bass...

Click it ^

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If what St. Louis said is true, I think it would be a better idea to get it professional installed by a qualified dealer. Wouldn't want the thing breaking in less than a year and have to pay more dough to replace a sub. Searching locally is probably our best bet.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by St Louis Harley
    . I'd say you are left with about 4 inches when done.
    -Mark
    Thanks Mark. That's not much space. That is a big @ss box. I guess it needs the airspace...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got a decent price of $449 from a local shop. I'm ok with paying a little profit. They are a major JL dealer here in the Minneapolis area. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tony,
    Is that for just one box?

See what this local dealer will do if he can sell, say 10-15?

Lax Junkie
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If the price is good enough I should be able to scrape up enough funds to buy one.

Another questions, if we get the group purchase, then take the box to a licensed dealer, will that give the full warranty on the system?
    2k2 DSG #10156
    nhtoc# 118

Boostin' Daily.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by AZ HARLEY
    I'm in if the deal is good enough.
    Same here. Keep us posted.
    NHOTC #23
    2002 Supercharged Harley Davidson Supercrew DSG - Fast Daily Driver.
    1985 Turbocharged RX-7 GSL-SE "Cosmo" 13B-RE - Much, Much, Faster Weekend Racer.
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT Convertible bone stock - Weekend Cruiser.
    1998 Sea-Doo GTX-Limited too many mods!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    St. Louis is correct. As a former JL Audio Dealer I can testify technically that the warranty is offically 90 days, but really 30 seconds/30 feet. if you buy it its yours, unless a JL Authorized dealer gives their blessing.

Resident newbie
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Update:

I have been actively looking for something that will work for me in the rear center console for some time now, whether it be JL audio, Pro Box or maybe even some custom work.

Well, a couple of weeks ago I ruled out custom work because I had run out of time and needed something before I go on my vacation for a week (I still have to get everything installed before then as well). I had Pro Box working on me a prototype box (like JL's but with their own twist- higher power handling sub,etc.) but that didn't pan out because for 1)we were on a generous timeframe which they didn't meet and 2) they never even finished anything after they had 5 weeks longer than we had originally planned. So, I had to take another look at the JL box.

The Blackwood box was not an option because it is too small and I was hearing that it sounded modest at best. I like the JL design but was just worried about the sound since I have been hearing conflicting results from different people, none of which I have heard for myself, but I know I prefer a 12" woofer over an 8 or 10". So at this point with time running out on me I have ruled out Pro Box and had decided to try and start a GP with JL audio.

What started the GP idea was that I ran into an old friend of mine who has been selling car audio for a long time the other day and he told me he had just bought another car audio shop here locally that used to be a JL dealer but had their JL sponsorship taken away. Anyways, he said he would try and get JL back in his shop since he was the new owner and everything. JL told him they would have to come out and survey his store first which could take up to a month before they would even think of selling him JL products. So, that's where he stands on that and I was still left out in the cold again.

That was until yesterday, when I just decided to bite the bullet on this issue and get one from a somewhat local dealer (60 miles away) just to insure that I get one in time for my vacation. I paid $499 which I know is kinda high but lower than most and its from a shop not too far from me. I also had JL install a different sub in it for me to suit the amp I have. I have a older style high current amp and will be running at 1 ohm with a JL dual voice coil 4 ohm woofer(which is 2 ohms on the newer style D class amps). So they are tailoring it for me for the same price which I thought was cool.

Anyways, sorry to be the one with bad news but I just couldn't wait any longer. Maybe someone else can get a JL stealthbox GP going but there didn't seem to be a whole lot of interest anyways. I just thought I would fill you guys in on what I was going thru so you guys wouldn't think I was stringing you along. Good luck on whatever you guys do and when my stuff is put togther I will let you know how it sounds. Sorry this is so long...

Name: Dave

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @ Harleyscrew713 your truck is numerically 7 builds prior to my 03 Black #720.
    Last edited by DWillmont; 07-12-2013 at 12:02 AM.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyscrew#713 View Post
    Update:

...That was until yesterday, when I just decided to bite the bullet on this issue and get one from a somewhat local dealer (60 miles away) just to insure that I get one in time for my vacation. I paid $499 which I know is kinda high but lower than most and its from a shop not too far from me. ..
    Now the most important part. How does it sound to you?

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    Now the most important part. How does it sound to you?
    Doubt you'll ever find out..... he hasnt posted in about 7 years