Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: November 2008 TOTM - Wayne "wwldman" Lee #350

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

November 2008 TOTM - Wayne "wwldman" Lee #350

Its that time again, for another installment, for NHTOC's Truck of the Month Award. This Months award is bestowed upon Wayne "wwldman" Lee NHTOC member #350 and his 2008 Supercharged, Black/Vintage Copper Supercrew, build # 00789! Knowing what Southern Hospitality is and should be, he spares no expense either here on the boards or on the home front. Wayne hails from the old state of South Carolina, a dedicated family man and no stranger to Harleys. He's been around for a while and previously owned an extremely clean 2003 Two Tone Supercrew, which he meticulously spent a lot of time and care installing with a slew of mods. After selling the old Girl, he jumped right back into the saddle with his 08, wasting no time getting her up to speed and exactly the way he wanted her! Although no project is ever finished, the transformation his new ride has undertaken, most here agree that this is the way she should have come from the factory! Congratulations Wayne on a well deserved TOTM!

Now onto the good stuff!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your HD Truck?

With my previous 2003 HD truck it was the appearance, style, and color that sparked my interest. After getting the truck I fell even more in love with the power and the ability to mod these trucks. I am now a mod addict! A short time ago I saw the new 2008 HD trucks and I knew I had to sell the ’03 and move on to the newer truck. It was a very difficult decision since I had put so much time and money into the ’03, but in the end I decided to sell the ’03 and buy the ’08.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

A previous truck I owned was a 1999 F-150 extended cab. I had this truck a year maybe two years and decided to sell to my neighbor after he showed a continued interest in it. Part of the deal included me buying his old 1989 Mazda B2200. So we switched rides. The next two to three years I drove that ’89 Mazda. During those few years I had been commuting an hour, one way, to work daily. So the change in trucks helped out the wallet quite a bit. I drove that ‘ole Mazda faithfully as my only ride for years. While driving to work on an early Saturday morning I drove by a dealership and saw the two tone ’03 HD. By Tuesday she was mine. I’ve been hooked on the HD’s ever since.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

The 2008 HD truck has had the following mods done: Auto Page alarm with remote starter, In channel window vent visors, Supermaxx long tube headers with hi flow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust with “L” style exit, Carriage Works lower grill, Line of Fire LED tailgate bar, Motive Gear 4.10’s, T/A Differential cover, 62” Recon running LED lights, 2” drop Ground Force front coils, 4” drop Belltech leafs, 2/3 drop shackles, LED tail lights, LED 3rd brake light, Custom Harley Hitch logo plug, low profile Harley billet antenna, Harley Davidson chrome fuel door, JDM Saleen Performance Upgrade Kit with custom SCT tune, Custom window decals for front and back window, JL Stealth Box, JL 500/1 sub amp, JL 450/4 mid& high amp, JLClean Sweep used on factory Navigation Head Unit, Custom Kick Panels, Focal mids and highs in the front and back doors along with the kick panels, Saddleman microfiber seat covers, BedRug, Delta tool box, ARE fiberglass bed cover, Custom made steel braided radiator hose along with steel braided replacement hoses, *** Oil Separator, billet and chrome dress up under the hood, Low Temp thermostat, and a few other small things.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

I am 34 years old and enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I enjoy getting together with friends grilling out, maybe catch a game or a race and drink a few cold ones. I enjoy modding my truck or others trucks. Call me crazy. I actually like to help my friends hook up their rides as well (even if there not Fords). I am employed as an Assistant Plant Production Manager with the company I work for. I have been with this employer for close to 5 years. Previously I spent 10+ years in grocery retail. And 3 years managing an office for Blue Cross Blue Shield of SC.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

Easy answer here…..The people and the community that is here. Overall I have had no issues with anyone. I have received numerous amounts of help and advice from different members on this forum. I also feel good when I can provide help or advice for others that need it. It makes me feel good when I can really help someone out. Some people on this forum I am close with and they seem like an extension of my family and friends. I look forward to getting to know more in the future years to come.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

Maybe add more skins to choose from. Add more smiles. I think we all like to use those from time to time. Add an Instant Messaging feature. If you see someone logged in add the feature to IM them. That is all I can think of.

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

I have been using the screen name “wwldman” for over 8 years. I was trying to come up with a unique screen/user name years ago when I had AOL. Almost every combo I chose was already taken, so I tried my initials (WWL) and added the “D” “MAN” and it took that name so I have been wwldman ever since on every board and every email account. It has stuck and remained constant over the past 8 or 9 years. A little corny but that is how it came about.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck? So what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

I have purchased a smooth fiberglass wiper cowl. I want to get it painted and installed and then I will be looking to get a new hood. I want to add a few more things to the truck (for performance) before I get a dyno and custom tune.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

Since I became a member 3+ years ago I had the fortune opportunity to speak and meet quite a few of you. I’ll never forget when Stew (bgstew6) and Steve (mindcrime0414) can by the house for a weekend and help work on my old ‘03 HD and did a little to Steve’s ‘02. I was not able to get Stew back over before he went back to Cali, but I did get a follow visit from Steve, his wife, his child, and his dog for a night. While he was here he helped me put on the Whipple. What a project. I called Joe (Stetford1) about 6 or 7 times for help and Stew numerous times for this and other projects. I asked other for help with scoping a vehicle out for me. Dillon went and checked out a possible future ride for me in Ft. Lauderdale. Then Randy who sold me my new ’08 HD at a fair price and shipped it to me (from Denver, Co to Sumter, SC). And Slick (Sport90) for getting me my custom steel braided radiator hose. All of you have bought items from me. The list goes on and on, I am sorry I can not name you all. Thanks to all of you who have helped me and offered me help over the past 3 years. And most of all I want to thank you for choosing to be this month’s Truck of the Month. I don’t feel worthy to be put in the same class as the previous winners. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!!

Last edited by BigD; 11-02-2008 at 01:38 PM.

closer to done!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I love it! Congrats!!

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    Great choice- you da man
    Slick
    "Suffer No Fools"
    "USMC 1968-2004"
    NHTOC #103
    02 DSG, Born 6/18/02, Adopted 12/27/02
    BG Racing Builder- Ford racing short block,
    Trickflow heads, 6# Lower, Magnum Powers Idler Pulley
    Hotchkiss suspension, D-MR Hood Mod, D-MR Cannon Performance Exhaust,
    Stiffler long bars, JLP street intercooler tank, JLP forced air induction,
    KB waiting to be put on.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go!
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Def. the best gen III here!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!!!! Saw one of those in Sturgis last year and loved it. Sweet truck and keep modding it up!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    Def. the best gen III here!

x10,,,Congrats,man.
    Last edited by '02HD#3982; 11-01-2008 at 08:39 PM.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    way to go wayne. super nice 08 ....

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    one of my favorites, congrats!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice one Wayne, congrats

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Congrats...you really deserve it. Can't wait to see the next pics of the all the mods yet to come

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome truck Wayne!!!! Congrats

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome truck. Congrats. It's well deserved.
    Rusty
    2006 F250 DSG HD
    Black 2003 #00023 - SOLD

R.I.P Blake "Fuzion" Finnell

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    I thought you were crazy when you got rid of the shamu, but you did a great job with the 08...Congrats Bro you Deserve it big time.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Congrats! Beautiful pickup!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast