Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HID / LED how-to source

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    3rd brake lights are cheaper to buy new ones (eBay) than to get the bulbs...

As for me, I have done both... (a few times)

You can buy them that are full LED, or with the LED brake and then the regular cargo. I ended up going with a L style and added GREEN LED's for the Cargo lights..

(this is on the 01-03 style)

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    3rd brake lights are cheaper to buy new ones (eBay) than to get the bulbs...

As for me, I have done both... (a few times)

You can buy them that are full LED, or with the LED brake and then the regular cargo. I ended up going with a L style and added GREEN LED's for the Cargo lights..

(this is on the 01-03 style)

Yup, I think I mentioned the same thing before (referring to replacing all the OEM 3rd brake light lights with LED's).

I've been through two differeent renditions of the full LED 3rd brake light and finally settled on the model that has the white cargo lights and red brake lights all the way across, one on top of the other:

For $ 32 plus shipping, you really can't beat it!

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what size bulbs are in the 03 harleys? bc i need more hid/s burnt out and this post doesnt say what years

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    '03's use 9007 bulbs for the stock headlamp assy:

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...RG-Results.htm

How, the best option for aftermarket (in my opinion) is the Sylvania Xenarcs. They do not make them any more, but you do see them for sale online or even in the classifieds here on NHTOC. Be careful putting aftermarket kits in the OEM housing as the bulb temps can melt or distort the housing of melt the wiring. Be sure to use a relay kit if you decide to go this route.

- Jeremy

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    bumping this, does anyone have a good write-up on what bulb type fits best to provide the most light for each location?

I'm looking to replace the interior lights and rear license plate lights with LED's but I want to make sure they will be brighter than the stock bulbs I'm replacing.

is there a specific seller on ebay with known good, bright bulbs that last?

thanks

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LED coversion

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    bumping this, does anyone have a good write-up on what bulb type fits best to provide the most light for each location?

I'm looking to replace the interior lights and rear license plate lights with LED's but I want to make sure they will be brighter than the stock bulbs I'm replacing.

is there a specific seller on ebay with known good, bright bulbs that last?

thanks
    V-LED's annd superbright LED's have a wide assortment of lights to convert your interior and license plate lights. Links to both are in my orignal 1st post.

I no longer have the truck but I've got a bag with a wide assortment of LED bulbs in it that might be useful in your conversion. Let me know if you might be interested.

- Jeremy
    Kentucky

Name: Ulisses

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey jeremy I'm looking for all the interior bulbs in super white or just blue you got any of these this includes the sun visor lights with the mirrors... thanx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2