Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    im 4 it!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    Krix, that's cover perfect to me! I'm willing to set up the proof for the calendar, but Dwight brings up a good point. In order to make this cost effective, we need to make a run of about 250 of these. That brings the price down to around $ 12.50 Of course, that also means we would need to sell 250 units! Unless someone else has an idea or source.
    Not really. Maybe a few years back, but with how cheap laser printing, etc. is now days, its really not as bad as you'd think. Especially for not having a calendar custom designed, but just submitting 12 or 13 photos and having them printed on a standard design calendar. It'll take a little searching around for the best place, but I just went through this on our local club.

just did a quick search, this is the first site I found, and a color calendar with a photo for every month comes out to around $9 each ordering between 25-50.
    http://www.vistaprint.com/photo-wall...v=TsrItem#here

I'm sure there's lots of other sites as well, thats just the first one I clicked in a google search. I'm not sure of the quality, but like I said we need to search a bit. One local guy who's doing our DelVal Calendars had his printed at Walmart before and he said the quality was awesome and they're around $20 each. So at the very least we know we can get a LOW quantity HIGH quality for $20 a calendar. At the best we can get a low quantity & to be determined quality for $10 a calendar.

The best way to administer this would probably be 1.) deciding on which printing company to use, 2.) ballpark guess for 25 calendars pricing, 3.) have members PRE-pay for the calendar + shipping to whoever's runing the calendar, 4.) After 2 weeks is up place the order. The people who are serious about it will order & prepay ahead of time, nobody gets shafted with 20 extra calendars this way, and if anybody misses out its on them. If we bump over 25 calendars and get into a cheaper price bracket, the whole extra $0.25-0.50 cents discounted should just go to the guy who organized it all for their troubles, not worth refunding that little bit to each person lol.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    Not really. Maybe a few years back, but with how cheap laser printing, etc. is now days, its really not as bad as you'd think. Especially for not having a calendar custom designed, but just submitting 12 or 13 photos and having them printed on a standard design calendar. It'll take a little searching around for the best place, but I just went through this on our local club.

just did a quick search, this is the first site I found, and a color calendar with a photo for every month comes out to around $9 each ordering between 25-50.
    http://www.vistaprint.com/photo-wall...v=TsrItem#here

I'm sure there's lots of other sites as well, thats just the first one I clicked in a google search. I'm not sure of the quality, but like I said we need to search a bit. One local guy who's doing our DelVal Calendars had his printed at Walmart before and he said the quality was awesome and they're around $20 each. So at the very least we know we can get a LOW quantity HIGH quality for $20 a calendar. At the best we can get a low quantity & to be determined quality for $10 a calendar.

The best way to administer this would probably be 1.) deciding on which printing company to use, 2.) ballpark guess for 25 calendars pricing, 3.) have members PRE-pay for the calendar + shipping to whoever's runing the calendar, 4.) After 2 weeks is up place the order. The people who are serious about it will order & prepay ahead of time, nobody gets shafted with 20 extra calendars this way, and if anybody misses out its on them. If we bump over 25 calendars and get into a cheaper price bracket, the whole extra $0.25-0.50 cents discounted should just go to the guy who organized it all for their troubles, not worth refunding that little bit to each person lol.

Now that we have a framework for how we want to do this... I need some high quality images (600dpi or better). The idea of using the Trucks Of The Month sounds like a well received idea. So, let's start with those. I also had an idea to "sprinkle" some smaller pictures in the days of the month!

Best bet would be to email me the pictures: jeremy(period)houle(at)xtreemkreations(period)com

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Should we post a poll with every TOTM from the past two years to choose from, or just use all the TOTM's from 2008? Dont forget though, there was no TOTM for SEPT this year..

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just checked Walmart and the prices are pretty reasonable for small runs. The 12" X 12" is only $ 22.50 the 8X11 is $ 17. So, I'll start the layout there as soon as I get some high resolution images.

I think a poll is a good idea for the TOTM's.

So, here is the layout - I'll update it as we get votes:

January:
    February:
    March:
    April:
    May:
    June:
    July:
    August:
    September:
    October:
    November:
    December:

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krix330cic(NJ) View Post
    Should we post a poll with every TOTM from the past two years to choose from, or just use all the TOTM's from 2008? Dont forget though, there was no TOTM for SEPT this year..
    We could use the Sept TOTM from last year I wonder who that is lol

Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    I just checked Walmart and the prices are pretty reasonable for small runs. The 12" X 12" is only $ 22.50 the 8X11 is $ 17. So, I'll start the layout there as soon as I get some high resolution images.

I think a poll is a good idea for the TOTM's.

So, here is the layout - I'll update it as we get votes:

January:
    February:
    March:
    April:
    May:
    June:
    July:
    August:
    September:
    October:
    November:
    December:
    How about we take advantage of our new Members Only forum and use that to organize the calendar and decide who's trucks goes in it, and what months everybody gets? This gives another perk to being a PAID member, you get to cast your vote in deciding who gets into the calendar, then open the sales of the calendars up to all of NHTOC members, paid or not.

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Def...need to use TOTM for this month of this year...LOL

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm in.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    We could use the Sept TOTM from last year I wonder who that is lol

How about we take advantage of our new Members Only forum and use that to organize the calendar and decide who's trucks goes in it, and what months everybody gets? This gives another perk to being a PAID member, you get to cast your vote in deciding who gets into the calendar, then open the sales of the calendars up to all of NHTOC members, paid or not.
    Sounds good. I'm on it right now...

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    sounds fare to me.

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep I'm in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2