Thread: Membership confusion (not mine)

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Membership confusion (not mine)

I visit a lot of other Ford / F-150 related forums. Of course NHTOC is my home!

When ever I see another Harley F-150 owner I always try and drop them a line and refer them to NHTOC.

90% of the time they reply "You have to pay to me a memberover there!"
    I try and inform them you don't have to pay just to be a member.

I guess I'm confused as to why people think this? Is is too hard to sign up for just a free account?

In the end maybe this is keeping some of the "riff - raff" away? Anyway, just wanted to post my thought. I see lots of other HD owners out there with some great projects and ideas.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    huh, do you know if many of those people are on other sites?

I've never really gotten a response that they didnt want to join here because they thought you had to pay, but I have gotten response from people who aren't on any boards at all, and thought just to go on the boards you needed to pay, not just here, but any forum in general

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I personally try and refer people here as well.. This site has a TON of information and has been a huge resource for me throughout my quest...

However, though, I am not a paid member.... I do not own a HD F-150. But the support from this forum regardless of that is outstanding

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    huh, do you know if many of those people are on other sites?
    Do you mean paid members on other sites. Is so then no, most of the other forums I visit are free. And so is this one, but I think the general feeling people get is that this is a PAID ONLY forum. I was just questioning why that is and if there's anything we can do to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    I've never really gotten a response that they didnt want to join here because they thought you had to pay, but I have gotten response from people who aren't on any boards at all, and thought just to go on the boards you needed to pay, not just here, but any forum in general
    I've got both repsonses before also, but the vast majority were that NHTOC is for PAID members. I remind people that a regular account is free.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    Do you mean paid members on other sites. Is so then no, most of the other forums I visit are free. And so is this one, but I think the general feeling people get is that this is a PAID ONLY forum. I was just questioning why that is and if there's anything we can do to fix it?

I've got both repsonses before also, but the vast majority were that NHTOC is for PAID members. I remind people that a regular account is free.
    I mean other sites whether they're free or not. I've just found usually if somebody is internet savy, they'll join up, if they aren't too keen with the internet, or on any other boards, its just too far for them to leap

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is a very good website for promo codes and coupons.

I've used them a few times in the past and they are very effective and accurate. They check them manually, so all of them seem to be working, for me at least