Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Troyer Upgrade for Saleen S/C Trucks

Name: me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last edited by sman113; 02-23-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I say take it to the track! Like Josh said, a Dynojet is going to show more hp up to 12% difference.

Yea, the series VI is a 2.3L twinscrew.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Troyer

stage 1 kit
    true duel exhaust
    x pipe

400 rwhp/450 torque
    BACKIN BLACK

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    troyer used my truck to develop the stage 1 kit and when dyno'ed it put down 375/402, i feel the torque was low b/c it was running open manifolds. we were waiting on the long tubes to get there. i need to dyno it now and see what it's got with the long tubes and exhaust back on
    Last edited by bwshdf150; 04-19-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Troyer Trouble

I'm going to weigh in here with an issue that I'm having with my Troyer kit. I chose not to start a new thread because the intent here is not to bash Troyer, but hopefully hear from others that have spent the $1,200 + to work with them.

I layed out the money for their tune kit which of course includes the new intake, filter, pulley and tune. I waited ............ a long time ............. made a lot of phone calls ...........and finally received the kit. Installation was a breeze....... very well developed. Problem is that with any of the supplied tunes, I have a horrible part throttle 'bog'. Until you get to about 2,000 rpm the thing feels like you are dragging a 28 ft trailer behind it and it surges horribly.

First fix recommended by Troyer: Ensure that the bypass hose from the valve cover to the intake is seating properly. They indicated that they have had some manufacturing issues with that part. As hard as I tried, I couldn't get the fitting to 'snap' in place on the fitting on the intake. Called them back and they said they would send an entire intake tube with the plastic fitting already installed. I waited, and waited and waited and finally got a .05 cent white envelope from them with absolutely nothing in it and a tear where the USPS had eradicated it from the envelope...........poor packing and shipping. They then (a week later) sent the fitting in a better envelope. Installed it...........the fitting snaps in place, put the tune in and absolutely no difference. Still horrible driveability issues.

I have now called for over a week and left message after message and all I get from the receptionist is that she will take a message and have Mike call me. Says he is very busy and Neal is out working on a truck.

From my perspective, I now have $1,200 sunk into absolutely nothing but a bunch of labor of installing / de-installing.

Anyone else care to chime in and give your experience / comments? I'm at a point where I'm going to look for a box and put the parts in and send back and demand a refund. I hate the 96 mph limiter tho.............

Thanks
    Randy

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Has anyone else had problems with their Troyer kit? I just ordered one last week. Randy you got me nervous now. Does it run any better? I haven't had any problems getting in touch with Mike. But, i was also ordering a $1200 product. I will keep ya'll in touch about my experience. Mine is not a daily driver so the down time is not too big of a deal.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Troyer

I have had NO PROBLEMS. Truck runs fine since upgrade. Dyno claims 400 RWHP.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good to hear. Is it really a night and day difference after the stage 1?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

troyer

Did not like the truck after buying it and thought I had been had on the performance side. Over all truck was great. :thumb up:Performance SUCKED!!!!!
    STILL NOT A TRUE STREET ROD!!! Has sure surprised many at the stoplight now. True sleeper now. If you don't like the whine :Bud:of the S/C don't do the install because there is no way to hide the sound unless you stay out of the BOOST.:G: Better by some cheese for the wine.:dismiss:

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Would it be safe to run nitrous, about a 50-75 shot, with the stage 1 kit installed and the right tune? I anyone running it or is it too much for the motor to handle?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

crazy

I SAY NO!!!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How long did it take for ya'll to get your kits? I ordered mine in May and was told i might get it in August. Damn i hope it's worth it

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ordered mine in april and still don't have it, looking at mid July. Better be worth it.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just installed my Troyer Stage 1 and can tell the difference quit a bit although i am still just pushing 6lbs of boost, does this sound about right or is the boost still kind of low?

SS Killa
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds low.

Should be 7.5-8 lbs. Did you read the 6lbs. of a stock Saleen gauge? If so, those have been known to be off (this is actually fairly common). You can have it dynoed and the shop should be able to tell you exactly what it is...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast