Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: January 2009 TOTM - Mario "Marioec" Cerice #340

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

January 2009 TOTM - Mario "Marioec" Cerice #340

Happy New Year NHTOC!!! And what better way to start it off than with a yet another installment of NHTOC TOTM!!! To start off the New Year, we take this award back to the state of Florida and bestow the honor to one of the members from the FHTOC. This award goes to Mario "Marioec" Cerice, NHTOC member #340 and his tastefully done 2002 Dark Shadow Gray SuperCrew. She rolled off the line #9261 and has been getting better ever since! Mario, a devoted Family man, not only to wife and children but also to the NHTOC/FHTOC, has been around since Feb 2005 sharing his passion for these great trucks! He’s definitely owned his share of rides over the years, but once he found his way into his DSG, the mod bug took a hold and hasn’t let up since!

Congratulations Mario on NHTOC January 2009 TOTM, very well deserved! Now lets get on to the good stuff!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your HD Truck?

Well It was time to switch from a 2 door sports car to a family oriented pick up truck and I didn't know which brand of truck I was going to buy at that time but I always been a Harley Davidson Motorcycle fan. In late December 2004 I was at my local ford dealer ship test driving the new style 2004 F-150 Crew Cab and as soon as we were coming back from the test drive we come around the back of the dealer ship and I see this old body style Dark Shadow Gray F-150 with flames and nice big wheels parked on the side of the dealers body shop, and I ask the sales manager that was helping me out at that time that which model it was that truck..... and he replied ... that's the 2002 F-150 Harley Davidson Edition Supercharged. As soon as I saw it and drove it, I fell in love with the power, and style of the truck. Right there I knew I had to have one for my self. In 02/28/05 I found one at a dealer with 13000 miles at a good deal and got it.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

I have always been into fast two doors sports cars. My first car was a new 89 Toyota pick up truck that my father gave me as a graduation present and to use for my new job at that time..... Soon after business was good and I got my self a 91 BMW M3 and a old school 83 Jeep CJ7 for off road fun... then In 1996 I got the new style BMW M3... Sweet car!! ...In 1999 I got the Porsche Boxster, In 2000 I got a 88 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Edition Turbo for a restoration project that I'm still working on. In 04 I was blessed by the news my wife gave me that I was going to become a father and we decided I was going to get the Harley F-150 DSG Crew Cab for me.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

I'll give a little history about my truck. In February 05, I found my truck used at a dealer with 13000 miles and 24" wheels on it....Two moth later after I got it I ditched the 24" wheels for some 22's because i was having braking issues.... Then short after the Mod bug hit me at full swing and I started moding the hell out of the truck.... I could not stop myself from buying Mod parts..... WARNING the NHTOC site is very contagious just reading the forums may cause you to get the MOD BUG. Then in November 06, during a road trip at 53 degrees weather and a top end run... I became a member of the Vented block club with 31149 miles. In February 07, the new JLP engine was delivered to Lujan Motorsport in Miami and within 5 days this guys got my truck up and running and up to the day with no problems....The truck now has 41000 miles and 450HP/510TQ on the stock supercharger.

Here is a list of some of the Mods.... I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Engine

JLP Built bullet proof Long Block
    JLP Stage III Head and Cams
    JLP Bassani Comp R Exhaust
    JLP Ram Air intake
    JLP EGR Delete Plate
    Stock Heaton Blower
    Billetflow 2.93 upper pulley
    Billetflow 6 lbs lower Pulley
    Billetflow Idlers
    Metco Idler kit
    Ported & Polished Intake Plenum
    C&L Intake Elbow
    Single Blade TB
    NGK BR7EF’s
    Walbro Twin 255 fuel pumps & SS Y fitting
    SCT X2
    Unleashed Dyno Tune
    *** Polished Oil Separator
    Fluidyne Heat Exchanger
    DGM CF Radiator Shroud

Suspension / Brakes

Hotchkis Full TVS Suspension
    Bilstein Shocks
    Hawk Ceramic Brake Pads
    Rotorspros Rotors

Transmission & Drivetrain

FTVB
    B&M Aluminum Deep Pan

Exterior

Tinted Windows
    22's Panther Realms Wheels
    Hankook Ventus 285/35/22 front and back
    Venom Front Grill Mod
    Black Front Head Lights
    DGM Carbon fiber mirror covers

Interior

Alpine IVA W-200 Double Din Head Unit
    JL Audio Stealth Box
    JL Audio Amps
    MB Quarts front and back component Speakers
    Dynamat sound deadening all around
    Rear back up Camera
    Air Force Gauge OBDII Gauge
    Innovate DX-16 Wide Band
    Auto Meter Boost Gauge
    Lotek Dual Pillar Pod
    Autometer Column Pod

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

I am a automobile and Mountain Biker enthusiast. I'm married and also have two little beautiful daughters Valeria 3, and Gabriela 1 that take most of my time. During my off time from work I like spending time with the family. When I find extra time I like to work around the house my cars and other hobbies.....and of course supporting the NHTOC.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

Damn that is the easiest question here.....It is definitely no doubt, the people. I am in involved in other forums but this site I call it Home. This site has the best group of folks all around that like to share there ideas and help each other out. I have learned so much from so many members here specially Josh Harley#356, and the Florida Harley Truck Owners Club Crew by sharing their experiences at the GTG and tackling some of my projects with their guidance, sharing of information and knowledge.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

I like the way it is right now maybe going back to the old style classifieds to get a little better exposure.

Question # 7: This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

No particular reason it stands for my name and last name initials... Mario Enrique Cerice. Marioec.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

Well my truck is been trough all the different stages. I have been enjoying my new JLP long block for the past two years and 10000 miles with no issues. I will be doing brakes this spring with a flush of the brake fluid, new EBC green stuff pads, and Bonaco SS Brake lines. I am also going to be adding a dual Alpine head rest monitors for my little girls to watch movies in the back. I think the only major thing that I have left for my truck in the future is adding a PI Torque Converter, and swapping out my Heaton Blower for a nice polished Whipple or KB.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

First let me say that I am both flattered and honored to have been chosen Truck of the Month and I would like to thank the people who nominated me and everyone at the NHTOC for their support and friendship over the past years I have been a member here. I will also like to thank my wife, Cristina, for giving me two beautiful daughters since I have been a member here....She is truly my inspiration... my backbone....my strength....and also my best friend. She is also very supportive at everything I do, especially when it comes to dealing with the Mod Bug...lol Thank you my Love.

Member # 125
    Name: -

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ha ha congrats Mario!

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats!! sweet looking ride

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats mario!!! i still will never forget the huge grin on your face after torrie tuned your truck at the gtg up in jacksonville haha

You have one beautiful DSG............great now i miss my truck =( anybody want a to trade for a Z06? lol

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What a great way to start 2009!! Congratulations Mario!
    Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    awesome mario!! way to represent....

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You definately have a sweet ride there and deserve the recognition. One fine HD! Congrats!!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!!! And congrats on the wife. Its great when the other half supports and enjoys your hobbies! Makes life a whole lot easier when its time to play or spend $$$$.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go!
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Congrats!!! Nice very nice

Over The Pond
    Name:

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Congrats Mario.

Great looking truck and nice mods

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Thank you guys sow much, is a honor being TOTM and being part of this great Club.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL !!!

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats Mario! Love the look of your truck, very nice.
    Mike

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Mario! Very well done,.. Sweet looking ride!

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That is one badass truck! Very well deserved! Congrats man!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast