Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangit now i got the bug....

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dangit now i got the bug....

I kept telling my self time and time over again. i dont need it i dont need it.
    I used to have a 3/5 drop on my 97 F150 i told my self i wasnt going to lower my 02 HD well ive been seeing my sick and nice the big 4door whales look slamed and well wouldnt you know it now i wana lower my truck :/
    so question is what should i go with.
    I still wana be able to pull a trailer. so i was thinking beens we already have a factory drop due to sport tuned suspension. like a 1/2 from factory i was thinking like a ehh 2/4 would be a 3/5 but i want the back to sit low so i can get a good launch when i race and stuff. sl i was thinking like a 2/5 custom drop with bag helpers and a c-notch so i can still pull a trailer if need be. on my factory wheels 275/45R20's up front and 295/40R20's on rear. im also goin to do the LFP 58'' long bars. see now why i wana give her that flat look what do yall think

I was thinking spindles front, and rear like ehh hangers and shackels
    any suggestion? im open to many ideas and would love to see some pictures so i can get an idea

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    translator.....

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what drop is this

this is Hoff's truck
    Attached Images Attached Images

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    1st, 30 extra seconds for a bit more readable post?

2nd, why do you want to run shorter tires on the rear than the front? That'll have a funky look

3rd, we're lowered 1" from the factory via springs & leafs, but its kind of irrelevant, just pick how many inches lower you want your truck, and pick a suspension from there

4th, a 2/5 is a pretty slammed setup. Anything over 4" you'll need a c-notch, and 2" up front you'll need to trim some flares. Also if you tow without helper bags the rear will really be sagging because with a 2/5 the rear is already even if not a hair lower than the front.

The biggest thing you need to ask, is how much do you want to spend? You can lower it the cheap way with cut coils & removing a leaf and adding shackles, you can do it the more expensive but better handling way with going with the TVS and shackles, or you can hit anywhere in between.

Also for the track, you don't want a 5" rear drop. You don't need the rear end low, and that may hinder you more than help you if you're just thining you want the weight in the rear low. I'm at a 3/4.5, and I'm bringing my truck up between 1/2" to 1" all around because it 60foots horrible from the stiff suspension and low drop.

Name: Jerardo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have springs in the front and shackles/hotchkis leafs in the rear. My truck hits when I go fast through bumps but its not that bad. I put in shorter bump stops in the rear. Its has a rake maybe about half an inch. I tow my trailer and it does not sag. I tow a 16ft trailer with 6 street bikes. 6*700=4200 +600 trailer total about 4800 pounds wich is right at the trucks capacity.
    Last edited by Jerry's 03 HD; 01-12-2009 at 08:40 PM.

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    hoff's truck if im not mistaken he has hotchkis springs in the front and beltech spindles. inthe rear i think he has hotchkis leafs and some brand of shackles. he changed his set up though cause he said it rode to rough for him after awhile. i my self have the full hotchkis tvs with L spec bilsteins on a 4 corners and i think the truck rides just as good as when i was stock with the bilsteins. on thing though buy a set of beltech shock extenders for the rear! i thoughmy rear shocks were blown, turns out they were almost fully compressed. had a real hard bouncy ride in the back (think school bus) til i added the extenders. there are certain roads that i think my fillings are going to fall out but thats the price you pay!

Slowest 03 HD n the WORLD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well i have the spindles for the front brand new... lmk.. and i have coils also.. 3" drop.... i also can get your flip kit and what not also...

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    My 03 has what amounts to a 2/4 drop. I chose the Belltech drop leafs because they have a higher spring rate than the stock leafs and are more than adequate for towing.

Belltech 1-2" PRO Coil Spring Set, P/N BEL23804, ...............$ 123.54
    Belltech Shock Extensions, P/N BEL6657, $55.99 + 10.99=.. $ 66.98
    Belltech 3"-4" Rear Drop Leaf Springs , P/N 5986, $ 120.13 X 2... ...$ 240.26
    TOTAL: .................................................. ..........................$ 430.78

Sulastic Rubber Springs (too reduce bed bounce & harshness)$ 269.00
    GRAND TOTAL............................................. ......................$ 699.78
    Running 22" wheels w/285/35's Front & 305/40's Rear.

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    1st, 30 extra seconds for a bit more readable post?

2nd, why do you want to run shorter tires on the rear than the front? That'll have a funky look

3rd, we're lowered 1" from the factory via springs & leafs, but its kind of irrelevant, just pick how many inches lower you want your truck, and pick a suspension from there

4th, a 2/5 is a pretty slammed setup. Anything over 4" you'll need a c-notch, and 2" up front you'll need to trim some flares. Also if you tow without helper bags the rear will really be sagging because with a 2/5 the rear is already even if not a hair lower than the front.

The biggest thing you need to ask, is how much do you want to spend? You can lower it the cheap way with cut coils & removing a leaf and adding shackles, you can do it the more expensive but better handling way with going with the TVS and shackles, or you can hit anywhere in between.

Also for the track, you don't want a 5" rear drop. You don't need the rear end low, and that may hinder you more than help you if you're just thining you want the weight in the rear low. I'm at a 3/4.5, and I'm bringing my truck up between 1/2" to 1" all around because it 60foots horrible from the stiff suspension and low drop.

well i deff wana talk with you beens you have the fastest harley truck yeah i want it to look good but im not looking for looking good i want it to be versital ya know. i want that baby to go when i smash the gas not burn tires send me a pm and we will exchange numbers.
    i decided it will be pointless beens im gona be running a stall 3400 to be exact so that will just end up messing stuff up. cause.. so im thinking remove my towing assembly and stuff so there for less weight.
    Last edited by 02maddness; 01-13-2009 at 12:08 PM.

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasGT01 View Post
    well i have the spindles for the front brand new... lmk.. and i have coils also.. 3" drop.... i also can get your flip kit and what not also...
    how much for spindles you owe me thows at least beens i gave you a 200 dollar router and table and shiz. now the back we can figure something out call me pecker head

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 03_HD_F150SC View Post
    My 03 has what amounts to a 2/4 drop. I chose the Belltech drop leafs because they have a higher spring rate than the stock leafs and are more than adequate for towing.

Belltech 1-2" PRO Coil Spring Set, P/N BEL23804, ...............$ 123.54
    Belltech Shock Extensions, P/N BEL6657, $55.99 + 10.99=.. $ 66.98
    Belltech 3"-4" Rear Drop Leaf Springs , P/N 5986, $ 120.13 X 2... ...$ 240.26
    TOTAL: .................................................. ..........................$ 430.78

Sulastic Rubber Springs (too reduce bed bounce & harshness)$ 269.00
    GRAND TOTAL............................................. ......................$ 699.78
    Running 22" wheels w/285/35's Front & 305/40's Rear.
    ok so now i know exactly what i want to lower my truck!

your truck looks AMAZING!
    Forget about GO, im all Show-n-AUDIO!

"The Definition of Rolling Thunder"
    If you build it DBzzz will come!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    03_HD_F150SC, man I love that stance with the 22's and staggered tires! I may lift my truck up just to get that same look! lol

Quote Originally Posted by 02maddness View Post
    well i deff wana talk with you beens you have the fastest harley truck yeah i want it to look good but im not looking for looking good i want it to be versital ya know. i want that baby to go when i smash the gas not burn tires send me a pm and we will exchange numbers.
    i decided it will be pointless beens im gona be running a stall 3400 to be exact so that will just end up messing stuff up. cause.. so im thinking remove my towing assembly and stuff so there for less weight.
    3400 stall? wrong converter to go with if you're planing on making big power with a s/c. turbo's a different story, but s/c, all you need/want is a 2400-2600

Slowest 03 HD n the WORLD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    03_HD_F150SC, man I love that stance with the 22's and staggered tires! I may lift my truck up just to get that same look! lol

3400 stall? wrong converter to go with if you're planing on making big power with a s/c. turbo's a different story, but s/c, all you need/want is a 2400-2600
    correct.. smaller stall for a SC then a turbo...

i am thinking most with a big blower end up around 2600 or what not...

drayke... why not do a hide away hitch so you can tow... heres what you should do.. k just my opinion...

spindles 300 2"
    springs 120 2" or better yet... cut 1 coil or half coil idr right now which ever one is a 1" drop....

front 420 or 300

flip kit 14 bucks
    c notch.. i got one if we can remove it from my truck without messing it up you can have it if not its 90 bucks....

rear 14 bucks or 100 bucks....

at most your spending 314 or 520... if i were to do mine again i wouldnt have did what i did.... yea right... lol

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2400-2600 do i need to go lock up or non lock up?

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jvillefinest View Post
    ok so now i know exactly what i want to lower my truck!

your truck looks AMAZING!
    [QUOTE=Harley#356;500087]03_HD_F150SC, man I love that stance with the 22's and staggered tires! I may lift my truck up just to get that same look! lol

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by 03_HD_F150SC; 01-13-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast