Thread: My truck stalls out ! ! ! When in park but not in drive

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My truck stalls out ! ! ! When in park but not in drive

This is what happen ill tell you the hole story my truck has been running rough when in park the idle will be sitting at say 900-1000 rpm but then bough down to like 4-500 but it stayed running that was going on for about a couple of months couldnt figure out what it was there was no engine light on ... But now once i start the truck it runs for like a min then when it boughs down it just stalls out but this only happens when in park or neutral but if the truck is in drive or any other drive gear it doesn't do it and now i have the engine light on ? Truck isn't on the road right now for the winter so i have no way of getting it to the shop to see what code come up so i was wondering if any one else had this problem ? ?

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IAC problems??? i had problems similar but never had the check engine light come on.
    Check the how to section if your unsure how to do it.
    Last edited by jvillefinest; 01-19-2009 at 07:12 PM.
    Forget about GO, im all Show-n-AUDIO!

"The Definition of Rolling Thunder"
    If you build it DBzzz will come!

shadyharley
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IAC problems is right, thats what happened to me... just get some electrical component cleaner and clean it out.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok i cleaned the iac valve out and still didnt work so i bought a new iac valve and to see what happen and still doing the same thing what else can i change or check out to fix this problem the rpms are at like 800 drop down to 700 then go down to 600 then go to 400 then shoot up but some times it stalls out .... Could it be my fuel pump or spark plugs or injectors .... Let me just add that i have had this truck sitting in my back yard for the past 10 months and i started it a couple times here and there but nothing crazy could this be the problem because it was sitting for so long idk what the hell is going on anymore some one please hellllllppppppppp ! ! !! ! Me out here

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    torque converter?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Could be something in the EGR or the DPFE????

Check the vacuum lines, if it has been siting, one of the lines could have gone bad..

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok im going to check it out today . . . Its weird because it only does it in park and neutral once it put it in drive its fine .. Could it be fuel filter or something simple like that or is it more on the lines of a bad vacuum line , egr ,dpfe , torque converter ? I hope its an easy fix because i dont have a lot of money to be fixing it ! ! Also if i drive it around with this problem will i brake something else ?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And im looking to sell this truck once i short out this problem if anyone wants one or knows some one who wants one just let me know other then this little problem its mint

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    May want to check your intake boot for leaks.
    Last edited by Jeff J; 02-23-2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: I should have read all replies before repling.

BLACK '03 #3104
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you really need to find out what code(s) are in the comp. 1st, then we can get into fixing the problem. Do you have any mods? Do you have anyone close by that has a aftermarket tuner?, if so, hook it up and pull the code(s) Once we get the code we can start looking in the right direction.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You have a vacuum/air leak somewhere.

¤§_The_Noble_Beast_§¤
    Name: Christopher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Check your intake... Probaly your MAF or complete air intake kit is not secured, tighten properly... That happen to me and realized after checking every air leak that it was my air intake loose.

Name:

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    it sounds like an air leak.. can u hear any hissing noise around the engine when it goes out?? a hose might be torn, that happened to me on my 03 ford. it was a vacuum line behind the intake.