Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2008 Pearl White HD F150

2003 H/D #6809
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    welcome, i really like the color. lots of good info here
    2009 G8 GT<--FOR SALE or TRADE for 03 HD
    Vararam|axle backs, H pipe, mids/res delete|pedders coil overs|cortex|DDM 8k HIDs|20% tint|vortex fins|hidden hitch|spohn trailing arms|BMR full bushing kit
    GXP Mods:
    front bumper|diffuser
    SSv Mods:
    SSv badges
    Camaro Mods:
    20" MS rims|SS Brembo's

2007 ZX-14<-------FOR SALE
    16/41|pc3|dual leo vince|asv levers|lowered|DDM 6k HIDs|puig|sliders|ostrich skin

SOLD-----2003 HD #6809-----SOLD

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yea, wayne's ride has pry the best drop and ride smoothness combo. I prefer a bit more drop. since I have the 2" drop front springs and the 265/40 fronts size, my truck has a bit of a rake, but I will pry go 285/40 up front when these tires wear out. I have the 275/45/22 stock rear ( Pirellis).
    here's another pic
    Last edited by huot5; 01-22-2009 at 01:00 AM.

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome. I also have an '08 Limited but can't remember the build #. I wanted another Harley truck but was tired of having black trucks. It sounds like we have the same plans for our trucks, except I want to ditch the factory wheels for some 24"s.
    Rusty
    2006 F250 DSG HD
    Black 2003 #00023 - SOLD

R.I.P Blake "Fuzion" Finnell

HD F150's Twin Sister
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Haha thats funny that you mention that Russ Dogg cause the deciding factor in buying the LIMITED and not the Harley was the fact that the Harley was black! My previous truck was a 2005 Silverado (i posted the pic in an earlier thread) that was black, and I **** you not I washed it every three days.. But kinda wanna get a 08 HD cause Ford got it right with the new interiors with the copper accents. And i've also thought about 24's but when i finally found the wheels i wanted the guy told me 10,000 dollars!? They were three piece wheels with the pearl white accents like factory and they were ceramic coated i believe, and that was with tires too. But then again i also thought about buying some of the new 08 HD wheels and having the black painted the pearl white and using the Limited center caps, kinda would have a factory look but be different at the same time. Haha but for now this is what she is, ill get some better pics up soon.
    Last edited by BrentAdams646; 01-22-2009 at 07:28 AM.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentAdams646 View Post
    I actually have the darkest legal tint they allow here in Texas which is 35% and I sometimes wonder if maybe they tinted the windows to dark on accident and put the Compliance sticker thats required to show that its legal on. I had the dealer tint the windows, and thought when i paid for it that it was just the 2 front, but when I got the truck they had tinted all of them, and from my understanding the rear passenger doors and back window are already tinted from the factory. The back is so dark that i have to open the power sliding rear window or just use the camera, sometimes to back out at night.

-Do you have any rubbing issues with your factory tires? And im a believer in Spindles and Hangers and Shackles to lower the truck, how do those coils ride? And i've heard that the flip kit also gives a terrible ride. I had a 2005 silverado with a 2/4 drop, i used beltech's Spindles, Hangers, and Shackles and could tell NO difference in the ride. Just want the best ride being that this truck is more of a luxury truck than anything.
    I'm ready to get mine tinted. I think I'm just going to have the driver & passegner matched to the rears, but I also want my entire windshield tintied the lightest possible.

As for my drop, no there's no rubbing in the front. Like the others have said the rear flip kit does make for a rougher ride than stock. The only change I made in the rear was shorter bump stops.

Wayne's current setup is the best for ride quality.

HD F150's Twin Sister
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome! Haha i think a lot of people have similar thoughts, i wanted to get my windshield tinted like you say but I have 2 questions, What do you do every year when they go to scrape off your state inspection and registration (thats if your state requires them on the inside of the windshield) and when they tint it, do they tint it as all one sheet of tint or two or three pieces because of the size of the windshield?

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentAdams646 View Post
    Awesome! Haha i think a lot of people have similar thoughts, i wanted to get my windshield tinted like you say but I have 2 questions, What do you do every year when they go to scrape off your state inspection and registration (thats if your state requires them on the inside of the windshield) and when they tint it, do they tint it as all one sheet of tint or two or three pieces because of the size of the windshield?
    Good questions. Here in KY there's no state inspection.
    And I'm pretty sure they do it all in one sheet. At least that's what I hope!!

No more blower...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The darkest tint allowed in texas is 25% DPS wise (could get a ticket anything darker) and 20% for inspection...

FYI - beautiful looking Limited...I love those

HD F150's Twin Sister
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well I used to do state inspections for two years, and the TECHNICAL RULES are. LEGALLY a tint shop can only install as dark as 35% tint on the front windows, and they must place the state compliance sticker between the window and tint on the lower right of the driver side window. Also concerning windshield brows, they can be as dark as you like, but if you look at your windshield you will see a marking AS1. This line indicates how low that tinted area of the windshield can be, if any portion of it is lower its illegal. Inspection wise, in order to pass you cannot be darker than 20 percent, however the state also gives you an allowable margin of variation (as some tint tends to fade lighten or discolor) of 2%, SO if you wanted to get really specific THE DARKEST you could be is 18%. Haha now i haven't done inspections in 3 years, so if the limits have changed then I wasn't aware. Now with any other inspection rules i probably couldn't tell you the specifics, but window tint was the #1 thing people always failed for so therefor its just stuck in my head.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Nice truck, its definately a half-sister/step-sister to the HD's lol

I like the idea of getting the 08 HD rims and using the limited centercaps and painting the black parts white

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2