Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Pearl White HD F150

HD F150's Twin Sister
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2008 Pearl White HD F150

Hahaha i know guys, its not a HD but its close enough to be considered its sister truck. Its a 2008 LIMITED F150 #646 of 5000 made. It has every available option, and on top of that I leveled the rear 2" and installed Corsa Perf exhaust. Also i removed all the LIMITED lettering along the bed, people ask me why? But to me it looked kinda cheap haha. But im new to the club and was hoping to get some info on these trucks from you guys.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome to the club Brent - sister truck and all!!! There's a Limited driving around here in town. So, what kind of information are you looking for?

When you get a chance post up some pictures.

Also, where are you located?

My name is Jeremy - I own two '07s - and I live in Versailles, Kentucky

Every time I see a new member pop up I just hope they are near me!!! LOL

HD F150's Twin Sister
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks man! Yea I need to get her out of the garage and take some pictures of her! I live in Houston Tx. Im wanting to just basically gain some knowledge about some mods/upgrades, my plans are to get a 2/4 drop, bed cover, bed rug, and really really wanna supercharge it. But dont want to void the warranty. I joined f150forum.com and it seems like everyone on that site likes to lift their trucks. (nothing negative about the site) Ive only been on here for a little while and seen quiet a few dropped trucks here..

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentAdams646 View Post
    Thanks man! Yea I need to get her out of the garage and take some pictures of her! I live in Houston Tx. Im wanting to just basically gain some knowledge about some mods/upgrades, my plans are to get a 2/4 drop
    I've got the Ford Racing (Ground Force) 2/5 drop on mine.

Here's what she looks like:

bed cover
    Check this out:

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/2006-20...eau-cover.html

bed rug,
    Bedrug has an outlet store on Ebay! I've purchased two from them and although they same they're reman. the two I received looked BRAND NEW!!

and really really wanna supercharge it. But dont want to void the warranty.
    They only real option for not voiding the warranty is the Roush charger setup. It comes with it's own 3year/36000 mile warranty.

I joined f150forum.com and it seems like everyone on that site likes to lift their trucks. (nothing negative about the site) Ive only been on here for a little while and seen quiet a few dropped trucks here..
    I know what you mean - I'm a member of F150online and there's a boat load of lifted trucks over there!! But, there's also a smaller group of lowered trucks - although they seem to frown on anyone that mentions lowering a 4x4 or AWD.

I'd recommend checking out F150online also since there's quite a few people over their with the Roush setup!

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the friendship request!!!

- Jeremy

HD F150's Twin Sister
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Truck looks bad *** man!! Im going to have to take some pictures and put them up here, and that drop is exactly what i was looking for. Do you mind if i ask how much you paid for the kit and who installed it if you didnt do it yourself and how much for the install? What is your username over at f150forum?
    Last edited by BrentAdams646; 01-21-2009 at 01:55 PM.

HD F150's Twin Sister
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    how do you post some pics in a thread, i have 2 i can post now?

HD F150's Twin Sister
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Figured it out!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Truck looks bad *** man!! Im going to have to take some pictures and put them up here, and that drop is exactly what i was looking for. Do you mind if i ask how much you paid for the kit and who installed it if you didnt do it yourself and how much for the install? What is your username over at f150forum?
    I bought the kit on Ebay for $ 360 shipped. The only tool I had to purchase was the sping compressor. You really don't have to BUY one since you won't use it more than once, but I like to have one for those "just in case"

I installed it myself - taking about 6 hours to complete. But, this was taking my time! The directions where very clear and easy to understand.

My user name over on F150online is same as here "harly4d"

Nice looking truck. What % tint do you have on your front windows?

- Jeremy

HD F150's Twin Sister
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I actually have the darkest legal tint they allow here in Texas which is 35% and I sometimes wonder if maybe they tinted the windows to dark on accident and put the Compliance sticker thats required to show that its legal on. I had the dealer tint the windows, and thought when i paid for it that it was just the 2 front, but when I got the truck they had tinted all of them, and from my understanding the rear passenger doors and back window are already tinted from the factory. The back is so dark that i have to open the power sliding rear window or just use the camera, sometimes to back out at night.

-Do you have any rubbing issues with your factory tires? And im a believer in Spindles and Hangers and Shackles to lower the truck, how do those coils ride? And i've heard that the flip kit also gives a terrible ride. I had a 2005 silverado with a 2/4 drop, i used beltech's Spindles, Hangers, and Shackles and could tell NO difference in the ride. Just want the best ride being that this truck is more of a luxury truck than anything.
    Last edited by BrentAdams646; 01-21-2009 at 02:55 PM.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wwldman with an 08 Harley did the 4" leafs and then dropped it another inch or so with shackles to look like a 5" rear drop , no need to flip the leafs/axle. I also have the 2/5 GF drop and it rides a bit rough, but the roads here aren't bad and I've been cruising more than driving ( I only have 7900 miles on it since July 07). here's my truck . I installed the 08 wheels due to the mod fever sweeping this site. they are sweet.

As far as other mods, 4.10 or 4.30 rear gears, programmer, L exhaust, air intake, hellwig rear sway bar, underdrive pullies, headers, ....
    Last edited by huot5; 01-21-2009 at 04:50 PM.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Welcome and nice ride!
    Troy - 2002 DSG #09850. 378 HP, 465 TQ

HD F150's Twin Sister
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Huot5, ride is a major concern. So your help is appreciated.. by the way how did headers make the truck sound? I have Corsa Perf Cat back and i wanna do some longtube headers and high flow cats. Just curious if it changed the sound at all?

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I love the 08 Pearl White Limiteds.

Sweet truck!

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome aboard. There are some things you can do to sweeten up your ride. There are a few Gen III's here that have dropped their truck. I think I am the only one who has tried 3 set ups. I have found that my current one is the best and rides the best, but that is my opinion. Look here for some pics of my truck: New '08 Harley - NHTOC Gallery

You can look here for a list of mods I've done so far: http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/truck-m...lee-350-a.html

I've added LED lights as well based on the sugesstions from harly4d. Feel free to ask me anything if you have any questions on my experience.

Welcome again, and nice truck!!!!!

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Info on my drop....I first installed the Ford Racin' 2/5 flip kit. Had it put on by the dealer. Then hated the ride. then took it back to the dealer and had them flip the axle back around, but left the 2" drop coils on the front. I hten removed the leaf spacers and added a 2/3 drop shackle. That wasn't enough so I bought Belltech 4" drop leafs and left out the spacers and only used the 1st notch of the shackle...so I could drop it a little more if I went to the top notch. Here are some good side profile shots and one of under the hood:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast