Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: '08 Gen3 Questions

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RacinRandy View Post
    I'll try to get pictures this weekend if is isn't so bloomin' cold, but in the meantime, this is how mine is configured.

Mine has the stripes up at the top of the bed and not the 2-tone lower paint.

Base Price $ 37,060
    Saleen ship thru option - as mentioned $ 6500
    Navigation $ 1800
    Back up sensors $ 245
    Back up camera $ 450
    Heated Seats $ 645
    Audiophile Stereo $ 550
    Power Moonroof $ 995
    Power Sliding Rear Window $ 250
    Trailer Tow Package $ 350
    Harley Davidson Outfitters Pkg (supercharger prep) $ 650
    Universal Garage Door Opener $ 120
    Power Driver & Passenger Seat (included with heated seat pkg)
    Satellite Radio $ 195 (refunded on final invoice)
    Leer 700 Hard Tonneau Cover ???
    Tinted windows ???
    All in all, the dealers original asking price was $58,445.
    I bought it for a substantial discount. Anyone care to guess the sales price?
    The sticker price shouldn't have been more than 50K. Look at the breakdown I added above. MSRP is $ 43.3 + 6500 for the Saleen pkg. Invoice is closer to $ 39.3 + 6500.

So asking price of $ 58K is way high to start with. Either that or the Leer cover and window tint were REALLY expensive. I'd like to see the window sticker showing $ 58K. (I mean I'd really like to see the copy of it)

I'd guess $ 32K

I ended paying $ 30K for my fully loaded '07 Saleen / Harley F-150. The only extra options mine has are the power folding mirrors, power pedals and the bed extender.

Plus, I added a platinum extended warrarnty - for an extra $ 1200 over the 30K

It really depends on how long the trucks been on the lot and how bad they want to sell it!!

- Jeremy
    Last edited by harly4d; 01-23-2009 at 10:58 AM.

07HD#6455
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    Yes, the stock headunit can control the Ipod with an aftermarket interface such as the one made by PIE

Look here:
    P.I.E. FRD04-POD/S 2005-2008 Ford-to-iPodŽ Interface

As for taking care of the hesitation and speed limiter - there's no way around it - you need a tune. There's many options here, but Troyer Performance is a preferred vendor here so you might give him and a call:

Troyer Performance

My cousin tried several hand tuners and not one canned tune would work with his '08. The Saleen powerflash that's in the PCM doesn't like other programmers trying to overwrite it's data!!
    I read the description on the link....so you can't used the satellite radio and the ipod with the interface at the same time???????

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I should have waited a year before I bought my truck. The price tag on mine was up there as well, 56 or 57k. It too had all the goodies. But I gave MORE that 37, but I got a good deal then compared to what there were going for back then.

I guess 39k.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwldman View Post
    I should have waited a year before I bought my truck. The price tag on mine was up there as well, 56 or 57k. It too had all the goodies. But I gave MORE that 37, but I got a good deal then compared to what there were going for back then.

I guess 39k.
    Wayne, if you still have your window sticker - take a pic of it for me. I'd love to see what some dealers jacked up the price on to get these trucks up that high.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wayne, if you still have your window sticker - take a pic of it for me. I'd love to see what some dealers jacked up the price on to get these trucks up that high.
    I'd like to hear the price for the 08, fully loaded. 32K sounds pretty low, I'd say best is 37 or 38K. If you got 32 you're coming with me next time I buy one.

I bought 07 S/C a year ago. I had a HARD time getting these guys to deal on my HD S/C, which has all options except audiophile and camera (I think it does, sticker attached). I had a trade so always hard to exactly tell, but I e-mailed a bunch of dealers within 500 miles. I paid somewhere around 38 for mine on Dec 15 of 2007, it had 20 miles on it and was on the showroom floor. I've spent another 4K on upgrades since then. I went to at least one dealer where they had a 10K "market adjustment" on the truck, which is what I suspect happened in this case. Here's my window sticker for all to see. I have the detailed invoice too if anybody thinks it might help them get a good deal on an 08.

TampaHarley
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I will take a pic of my window sticker tomorrow and post. I still have it...It was more than the pic listed above.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaHarley View Post
    I'd like to hear the price for the 08, fully loaded. 32K sounds pretty low, I'd say best is 37 or 38K. If you got 32 you're coming with me next time I buy one.

I bought 07 S/C a year ago. I had a HARD time getting these guys to deal on my HD S/C, which has all options except audiophile and camera (I think it does, sticker attached). I had a trade so always hard to exactly tell, but I e-mailed a bunch of dealers within 500 miles. I paid somewhere around 38 for mine on Dec 15 of 2007, it had 20 miles on it and was on the showroom floor. I've spent another 4K on upgrades since then. I went to at least one dealer where they had a 10K "market adjustment" on the truck, which is what I suspect happened in this case. Here's my window sticker for all to see. I have the detailed invoice too if anybody thinks it might help them get a good deal on an 08.

TampaHarley
    I bought my S/C '07 a year ago on my birthday January 16th. The dealer took my X-Plan (which they don't have to on the Harley F-150's - but some do), plus I got all the Ford rebates & cash back. Final price with extended service plan was right at 32K. Truck was brand new. PLUS, they were the only dealer within 200 miles that offered me what I wanted for my loaded '02 with LOW miles: 20K. So, yeah - I got a GOOD deal. But the dealer worked with me and they wanted to sell the truck. That makes a world of difference. I really wanted a two-tone '08 but the only dealer I fond one at would not budge on the price at all! Now after a few thousand dollars in upgrades myself, I have the best of both worlds!

BTW the '07 model year did not have the camera option. Not until '08

I hope nobody took my question the wrong way: I was merely questioning how some of these trucks could be in the 57 - 58K range. A fully loaded 2008 even with the accessories like bed extender, remote start, etc would be around 45K ... then you add another 6500 for the Saleen package and at most MSRP should be at 51 thousand.

BTW - both my black '07 and dark amethyst '07 window stickers are below if anyone is interested.

Last edited by harly4d; 02-08-2009 at 12:23 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I bought my S/C '07 a year ago on my birthday January 16th. The dealer took my X-Plan (which they don't have to on the Harley F-150's - but some do), plus I got all the Ford rebates & cash back. Final price with extended service plan was right at 32K. Truck was brand new. PLUS, they were the only dealer within 200 miles that offered me what I wanted for my loaded '02 with LOW miles: 20K. So, yeah - I got a GOOD deal. But the dealer worked with me and they wanted to sell the truck. That makes a world of difference. I really wanted a two-tone '08 but the only dealer I fond one at would not budge on the price at all! Now after a few thousand dollars in upgrades myself, I have the best of both worlds!

BTW the '07 model year did not have the camera option. Not until '08

I hope nobody took my question the wrong way: I was merely questioning how some of these trucks could be in the 57 - 58K range. A fully loaded 2008 even with the accessories like bed extender, remote start, etc would be around 45K ... then you add another 6500 for the Saleen package and at most MSRP should be at 51 thousand.

BTW - both my black '07 and dark amethyst '07 window stickers are below if anyone is interested.

Man o man, did you steal it, nicely done! X-plan is how I got my guys to deal as well, they played all kinds of games with the rebates and trade in. U r coming with me next time!!

TampaHarley

Name: T L

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    my old lady did real good on our 2008
    it was a hold over with la 1000 miles
    she got them down from 51 to 31
    i was very happy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2