Thread: 2006 AWD question? Any problems?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2006 AWD question? Any problems?

Ok, I have not been around on here for a good year or so. Used to be here all the time when I had my 2002 DSG and was modding like crazy. But, have not been modding the 06.

It is in the shop rightnow getting its 3rd front axle and transfer case put in. Service manager and I go way back and he said he would sell it before the warranty runs out (9 months or about 10k miles left). Said that he has seen nothing but bad reports on the AWD system in the full size trucks and know I won't want to pay to have it fixed once it is out of warranty.

Any thought? heard of other problems? ideas?

Thanks!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Should have kept the 02. LOL.
    I haven't seen anyone else post up yet with the same problems. It sucks your haveing problems. And welcome back!
    Troy - 2002 DSG #09850. 378 HP, 465 TQ

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would have loved to have kept the 02' I had lots of work in it. but, unfortunately a tornado decided that it REALLY liked the truck.

07HD06217
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I used to have an 06 AWD traded it in for the supercharged 07, I did not have any problems with it nor did I ever hear of any. (with the exception of the poor fuel milage

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    I would have loved to have kept the 02' I had lots of work in it. but, unfortunately a tornado decided that it REALLY liked the truck.
    Dude, That sucks!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post

I remember the pic of your truck under the tree.I think I bought your shackles.WB,man.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've got an 06 AWD, 12K, no prob's yet outher then mileage. Gitting about 13 in town, that good I think.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    13 mpg in town is pretty good. I usually get around 11. Not happy about that, but I am not at all happy about the tranny problems. They have now replaced the following:

front hubs
    front axle (2 times)
    front transfer case (1 times)
    The front hub lock actuaters have been replaced about 4 times

It has eaten planetary gears in the transmission (thrown bearings). That has been fixed once, and now it is sitting undrivable in my driveway right now, waiting for the rollback, because it appears to have done it again.

locked up sitting at a stop light, had to go back and forth between "D" and "R" to get it to move. can't even push it when it is in neutral. dash says "transmission malfunction" and the O/D light flashes.

I am about ready to call my attorney and move on to something else. I am really getting tired of dealing with this.