Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: '08 Gen3 Questions

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

'08 Gen3 Questions

I just stepped up from my '03 HD Supercharged F-150 to an '08 Supercharged model. It was a leftover at the local dealer and they worked really hard to sell it to me. Not sure what pricing is like in other parts of the country, but they came off the sticker substantially to get me in the thing. I was happy with the '03, but highway driving, stone chips etc had taken its' toll on the front bumper cover, grill and hood.

Question 1: What does "ACT" stand for on the second gauge? I'm assuming it is something like ???? Charge Temperature and applying to the intercooler, but can't come up with the meaning. There was very little literature that accompanied the truck from Saleen.

Question 2: My truck never shows above 5 lb of boost. Is this what everyone else is seeing? I don't want to go overboard on any mods, but would like to get a bit more out of it. My old truck had throttle body, exhaust, pulleys, air intake etc and it ran really well.

Question 3: Has anyone tried to relocate the "Line In" receptacle up on the dash in the gauge pod? I like my iphone down on the console by me and having the cord run all the way up there is annoying.

Thanks for the help from this board.
    Racin' Randy

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    air charge temp

yep. 5-6 is what I see. does your truck hesitate just a bit before the blower kicks in?

relocating the line-in is a pita, especially if you have nav.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RacinRandy View Post
    I just stepped up from my '03 HD Supercharged F-150 to an '08 Supercharged model. It was a leftover at the local dealer and they worked really hard to sell it to me. Not sure what pricing is like in other parts of the country, but they came off the sticker substantially to get me in the thing. I was happy with the '03, but highway driving, stone chips etc had taken its' toll on the front bumper cover, grill and hood.

Question 1: What does "ACT" stand for on the second gauge? I'm assuming it is something like ???? Charge Temperature and applying to the intercooler, but can't come up with the meaning. There was very little literature that accompanied the truck from Saleen.

Question 2: My truck never shows above 5 lb of boost. Is this what everyone else is seeing? I don't want to go overboard on any mods, but would like to get a bit more out of it. My old truck had throttle body, exhaust, pulleys, air intake etc and it ran really well.

Question 3: Has anyone tried to relocate the "Line In" receptacle up on the dash in the gauge pod? I like my iphone down on the console by me and having the cord run all the way up there is annoying.

Thanks for the help from this board.
    Racin' Randy
    Welcome to the club Randy!!!

Answers to your questions

#1 Yup, Air Charge Temp - you won't really see this move until summer or if you leave your truck sitting in the sun for a long period of time.

#2 Six pounds is stock for the Saleen S/C

#3 Yes, I seen a few that where relocated to the center console. Most people use an Ipod interface though so the headunit can actually control the Ipod - like change songs etc.

- Jeremy

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Welcome and post up some pics. I sounds like a nice ride.
    Troy - 2002 DSG #09850. 378 HP, 465 TQ

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hesitate

I have the hesitate problem @ times. Is it in the factory tune?

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BACKIN BLACK View Post
    I have the hesitate problem @ times. Is it in the factory tune?
    Yes. I had my PCM sent to Saleen for a reflash (related to a cold weather TSB) and when it returned I was suprised at how the throttle response, shift firmess and HP ALL improved!!

I was actaully kind of mad because I felt this is the way the truck should have performed when I bought it. I feel like I was cheated for those 9 months it ran sub-par.

- Jeremy

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yes

That's what I thought!!! I was quiet upset after buying mine after driving it for this short time. (12-22-2008) Thottle responce is not there and performace is just not what I expected. I know that it is dee-tuned and to realy get a good tune and more ZIP it will cost some $$$$. Great ride thou.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I haven't had my truck dyno'd but I'd be willing to put a weeks pay on the truck picking up 20+ HP after the reflash. It was almost impossible to spin the tires with just the throttle before. Now, I can roast the tires all day long. The wife was driving her '07 along ine as we made the trip home from the dealer and even she made the comment "holy sh!t - what did they do to it?" My comment was I didn't care!!! LOL

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Reflash

Ok, so how do you go about requesting a Reflash from Saleen.

Yes, mine hesitates. Yes it has the limiter at 96 mph (gotta change that).

Advice welcomed.

Also, I will eventually drop the truck down. My '03 was dropped and I really liked the stance. I don't tow a huge load so it shouldn't hurt me much.

I don't have any pics yet, but I have my own website and I'll post them there: Marbles Motors

Thanks
    Randy

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ipod

Does the stock head unit have the provision for an ipod direct interface?
    If so, how?
    Thanks
    Randy

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome Randy. How about some pics of your ride...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

dealer

Looks as if it is a dealer item or select someone that can tune the thing. Beware as I have found that not just anyone can do this. Another breed of its own. My 2 cents from $ spent in the hole and no SMILE. GREAT TRK.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, the stock headunit can control the Ipod with an aftermarket interface such as the one made by PIE

Look here:
    P.I.E. FRD04-POD/S 2005-2008 Ford-to-iPodŽ Interface

As for taking care of the hesitation and speed limiter - there's no way around it - you need a tune. There's many options here, but Troyer Performance is a preferred vendor here so you might give him and a call:

Troyer Performance

My cousin tried several hand tuners and not one canned tune would work with his '08. The Saleen powerflash that's in the PCM doesn't like other programmers trying to overwrite it's data!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Description

I'll try to get pictures this weekend if is isn't so bloomin' cold, but in the meantime, this is how mine is configured.

Mine has the stripes up at the top of the bed and not the 2-tone lower paint.

Base Price
    Saleen ship thru option - as mentioned
    Navigation
    Back up sensors
    Back up camera
    Heated Seats
    Audiophile Stereo
    Power Moonroof
    Power Sliding Rear Window
    Trailer Tow Package
    Harley Davidson Outfitters Pkg
    Universal Garage Door Opener
    Power Driver & Passenger Seat
    Satellite Radio
    Leer 700 Hard Tonneau Cover
    Tinted windows
    All in all, the dealers original asking price was $58,445.
    I bought it for a substantial discount. Anyone care to guess the sales price?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RacinRandy View Post
    I bought it for a substantial discount. Anyone care to guess the sales price?
    I'm going to guess $37K.

I'm trying to negotiate a price on a left-over 08 and that's the ball-park price with the Saleem S/C.
    Last edited by ramnj; 01-23-2009 at 04:53 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast