Thread: Corner lenses

Momentary Lapse of Reason
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Corner lenses

Hey guys how yall been doing? It has been a while since i've posted here.
    I wasnt really sure where to put this but i think this should be good.

One of my corner lenses on my headlights is getting condensation, it is holding about ¼" of water in the bottom and fogging over a little bit. Is there any thing i can do for this? It's an 03 f150 if that helps any. Appreciate any replies.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You should be able to pull it apart, after you get it all dry use a good quality RTV to seal it back up. I have pulled many different head lights apart by putting them in a warm oven to loosen up the adhesive. I don't remember the exact heat that I used but all you need to do is preheat the oven and than turn it off before putting them in there. It should only take about 10-15 min before they are workable. Hope all that helps. I'm sure there is a thread on the site about taking the headlights apart and that should give you the heat range.
    Help us stamp out blood born cancers

http://pages.teamintraining.org/sc/m.../teamstalnaker

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 0201212 View Post
    You should be able to pull it apart, after you get it all dry use a good quality RTV to seal it back up. I have pulled many different head lights apart by putting them in a warm oven to loosen up the adhesive. I don't remember the exact heat that I used but all you need to do is preheat the oven and than turn it off before putting them in there. It should only take about 10-15 min before they are workable. Hope all that helps. I'm sure there is a thread on the site about taking the headlights apart and that should give you the heat range.
    X2

Similar prcoess as the tail lights...

Directions from the how-to section:

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/how-art...c-warning.html

Slowest 03 HD n the WORLD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    200 or 225 for 3-5 minutes.. watch them as each oven is different...

i have melted my headlight or 2...

Momentary Lapse of Reason
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks guys, i didn't think about searching such an off subject. This site really has all the info anyone could need

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    before you yank it apart, I'd just pull the corner off, pull the bulb out, and let it sit in the sun for a day. Or if you can't wait that long, hit it with a blow dryer inside the bulb opening til it dries up. Then run a bead of clear silicone around the outside.

If it'll evaporate out without leaving stains/residue inside the lense where you can see it, you're better off not separating it. Even if you're extra careful, you can usually tell when a lense has been popped apart, so it'll look nicer in the end if you don't need to separate it.