Thread: Good detailing tool!

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thumbs up Good detailing tool!

For all you guys that have 18v Makita stuff.
    Makita UB181DZ 18V Cordless Blower/Vacuum

It dosent come with a battery or charger. Work great for drying.
    You can find it for $90 shipped on ebay, I love mine.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Harley Guy View Post
    For all you guys that have 18v Makita stuff.
    Makita UB181DZ 18V Cordless Blower/Vacuum

It dosent come with a battery or charger. Work great for drying.
    You can find it for $90 shipped on ebay, I love mine.
    use it to dry the truck after washing it? instead of a towel?

¤§_The_Noble_Beast_§¤
    Name: Christopher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey talking about detailing... Does anyone know if the mothers drill bit polisher works well on our wheels? Not the powerball which come in two sizes, but the new one Mothers came out called powercone. Looks neat but havent made up my mind yet.

Always working

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkyst View Post
    use it to dry the truck after washing it? instead of a towel?
    You still dry with a towel,i use an Absorber myself, use the blower to blow left over water from the grill and around moldinngs, emblems ect.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Harley Guy View Post
    You still dry with a towel,i use an Absorber myself, use the blower to blow left over water from the grill and around moldinngs, emblems ect.
    O I C Thanks

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use a leaf blower as well to get the excess water out of the creveses. I have an absorber, which works pretty good but I've recently been turned onto these waffle weave towels:

Big ol' Waffle Weave Drying Towel

OMG! They are awesome, particularly after the first use (i.e. broken in). I was skeptical at first because I had a waffle weave towel that I bought at autozone that isn't worth a ****. However, the ones in the link above are awesome. I think they work better than the absorber, but you will need 2 to effectively dry a full size truck.

They are the same towel that a few online detail shops sell such as pakshak, excel detailing, poorboys etc.

The place in the link above is somewhat local to me and I picked one up when I purchasing some other products from him...I just went back to him a few days ago just for the towels and bought 3 more because I like them so much. His microfiber buffing towels are really nice as well, particularly the orange ones with yellow satin edges (poorboy's ones).
    Last edited by Don't H8; 03-01-2009 at 12:39 AM.

Always working

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ill have try those. I tried a Meguiars Drying Towel, most of their stuff works good but this was a piece of cr@p, like it was treated NOT to hold water, break in didnt work so I threw it away.

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The nice thing about the absorber is that you can just wring it out when it gets too saturated. Unfortunately that is not the case with the waffle weave towels but I think they do more of an effective job drying.

the other thing that i like about the waffle weave towels above is that they have a decent nap so any dirt gets sucked up. The absorber is flat so if there are dirt particles missed from washing, they could get dragged across the surface if you drag the absorber.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Yep I stopped using the absorber a long time ago. It was great cuz it was uber absorbant and rang out easily, but zero nap can cause bad swirling if anydirt lands on the paint. Waffle weave MF's are the GREATEST!!!!!

I found they work best when brand new, after a while they can pick up some of your wax off the paint and clog up the pores so they don't absorb as well. Usually in those cases its best to dunk the whole thing in the bucket, then wring it out, then dry with it and it'll absorb better damp than dry. All I use now is waffle weaves for drying! (Leaf blowers are a great trick for seams though!!!)

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Guess I'll have to try those waffle towels. Since I wash my vehicles often, my neighbor gave me a gift package of those Sham-WOW drying things. Either they are just a "sham" or I am not figuring out how to break 'em in correctly! ... they just push the water around! Mind you, I always use the leaf blower after washing so there isn't a whole lot of water to wipe off so maybe the "shams" need lots of water to work?

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by '02 H-D #677 View Post
    Since I wash my vehicles often, my neighbor gave me a gift package of those Sham-WOW drying things. Either they are just a "sham" or I am not figuring out how to break 'em in correctly! ... they just push the water around! Mind you, I always use the leaf blower after washing so there isn't a whole lot of water to wipe off so maybe the "shams" need lots of water to work?
    I think it's you because "You know the Germans always make good stuff!"

Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Or at least my neighbor thinks so! He always buys only M-B.