Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: March 2009 TOTM - Sheridan "steinjr" Stein Jr. #427

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

March 2009 TOTM - Sheridan "steinjr" Stein Jr. #427

NHTOC is proud to bring this title to the Lone Star State and present the March 2009 TOTM award to Sheridan "steinjr" Stein Jr. NHTOC #427 and his 2002 Black SuperCrew Build #10167! Sheridan has been an upstanding member here since 2005 and ever a staunch supporter of the NHTOC. Always the NHTOC brother, helping out whenever he can, coupled with his Beast in the Making, its not a wonder that he was elected as TOTM! The old adage "Love at First Sight" seems fitting here, as the day he saw her he had to have her! Of course with that purchase, unbeknownst to us all, lies in waiting the dreaded Mod Bug. The bug that drives us all to morph our vehicles from the standard run of the mill limited production line vehicle, encouraging us to spend money and customize them into the trucks that make them ours. Luckily Sheridan hung his hat here and and as a result has shared himself, his experiences and his ride with us over the years. Look for more great information and experiences as he takes his truck to the next level with a new power plant.

Congratulations on a well deserved TOTM!

Now lets get onto the good stuff and some extremely nice Photographs!!!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks? Specifically your HD Truck?

First of all… I am honored. Thanks to everyone for the recognition and most of all… Thanks to the people that helped make my truck what it is today.

Justin – Rainman0ne
    Mark - Skidmarkracing
    Rob – Robw
    Rusty – Russ Dogg
    Tony – Bgstew6
    Troy – 1niceharley

Unlike most Harley Truck owners… I never set out to own one. For years I struggled with the need for speed, and the need for a larger vehicle for family and hauling my drums.

I was not looking to buy a new vehicle when I purchased my Harley. I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW THEY EXISTED! I actually spotted my truck at a local dealership while driving by. I was like… WTF is that? I literally did a u-turn and went back to take a look.

Obviously I was already attracted to the paint scheme and rims. Then I saw the Harley Davidson fender badge. Opened up the door and smelled the black leather interior and also spotted the special edition plaque. It had SUPERCHARGED written on it. My brain immediately recognized fast and roomy.

I bought it on the spot.

Soon after, I found the NHTOC and got a great schooling about my purchase. If I had a choice of any of the Harley models, I would have chosen the Black 02. So I am VERY happy with my impulse buy.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

I have always been attracted to fast cars. I can thank my dad for that. He was in the car business and always brought home fast cars. Some new and some older that he fixed up and re-sold. So the garage always had some sort of vehicle in it getting some lovin’.

Like most children of the 70’s, my first vehicle was a Big Wheel. Seriously. According to my mother it took some creative planning on her part to separate me from it. Then I went through my daredevil phase jumping ramps like Evel Kneivel on my Mongoose, which earned me a scar under my chin. I then graduated to a go-cart my friend and I bought together. We raced that thing all over the neighborhood night and day.

My first car was a 1977 Camaro. I was so thrilled to own a car that I didn’t even notice that is was longhorn orange and had white vinyl interior, but it was a sports car, so I was happy.

While I was in the Army, stationed in Germany, I owned a Porsche 924. I loved driving it on the German Autobahn and up in the mountains. I would have been too expensive to change the emissions and ship it home. So I sold it.

Upon my return from the Army… my brother had adopted my Camaro. I made up for the longhorn orange paint and white vinyl interior by purchasing a 1978 Trans Am with a shiny gold paint job, T-Tops and that infamous firebird on the hood. It was my pride and joy. As much as I loved that car… it began to have issues that I could not afford to correct and it did not like hauling my drums. So I traded it for a 1988 Bronco II. I know… I know. I wish I had held on to it. Maybe someday I will be able to get another.

My next purchase was a 1997 Ford F150 XLT. Nothing fancy, but far better than the Bronco II that must have served me proudly for 200k miles.

Then came the Harley.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to Your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

My truck has a fairly good amount of modifications, but I really haven’t focused on any one particular area… yet. I am that guy that will buy your mods before you trade in your truck or if you want to do something different. In a way, my truck is kind of tribute to all of the fallen NHTOC members.

ENGINE MODS - A polished Whipple 2.3 powers my truck. I have twin Walbro 255’s, 60lb injectors, Weapon X coils, LFP E-Fan, Cobra-R Water pump, EGR Delete, Boost Bypass, ARP head studs, and I use an SCT tuner.

ENGINE BAY MODS - To support the polished Whipple, I have added polished aluminum JLP tanks and a polished aluminum oil catch can to add a little bling with the sting.

SUSPENSION MODS - JLP drop shackles, JLP 54" Long Bars, Heliwig rear sway bar and Bilstein shocks.

BRAKING MODS – RotorPros slotted and dimpled rotors

INTERIOR MODS - My interior has various polished aluminum parts including Door lock covers, Shifter cover, Tilt Steering lever and a D&S Custom Designs oval Harley Davidson “Naked” logo on the steering wheel. I use ProSport Premium Peak and Warn gauges. To keep me entertained while I drive, I have an Eclipse AVN5495 CD/DVD HDD navigation head unit with backup camera (thanks to my buddy Troy – 1niceharley). I use JL Audio door speakers and a JL Audio Stealthbox powered with JL Audio 500/1 and 300/4 amps. To make my sound system rock even more… the interior is covered in Fat Mat.

EXTERIOR MODS - Exterior mods include an Aeroform cowl hood, Helo Skid rims wearing 295/45 General Grapper UHP shoes, a Raider LoRider bed cover, J-Jent lower grill, Mag-Hytec Differential Cover, a DG Motorsports roll pan and black gel coat FORD badges.

EXHAUST MODS - I have removed the front cats and replaced the rears with Magnaflow Hi-Flo cats. I use a Bassani X-Pipe and a Magnaflow DI/DO muffler.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

Lets see… what are some interesting facts about me? I am a 7th generation Texan; I built a 1000-gallon Koi pond in my back yard. NFL Football keeps me from being productive on Sunday and I have performed on the Grand Ole Opry stage.

For the last 13 years, I have managed a sales department for a publishing company. I enjoy computers and dabble in web design.

By now you have noticed that I have mentioned drums a few times in this write up. I have been playing drums since before I was born. True story. Shortly before I was born, my parents went to a Little Richard concert. I kicked to the rhythm of the music the entire show and have never stopped. Pots and pans were my passion as a toddler and I graduated to Tupperware shortly there after. I received my first drum set when I was a teenager. I have been a member of many local and national bands. I had a few record deals that never really panned out to much of anything other than making a few albums, music videos and touring the country providing support for Kid Rock, Third Eye Blind, Jackyl, Monster Magnet, Warrant and Beautiful Creatures.

Link to Tin Henry Video - YouTube - Tin Henry - Inside Out
    Link to recent Tine Henry show w/ Third Eye Blind - YouTube - Chris Cox Live with Tin Henry

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

KNOWLEDGE! This site is a one-stop shop for anything Harley truck related. The unselfishness is second to none.

A good majority of the friends I have today are from the NHTOC.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

It has been kind of dead lately. I would like to see the chat rooms utilized more often.

Maybe have a “How to” chat with one of the vendors monthly.

Question # 7: This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

My screen name is pretty obvious. It’s my last name and suffix. Steinjr

I wish I would have given it more thought and came up with a really creative screen name like most others.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

In the next month or so… I plan on rebuilding my engine with a new balanced rotating assembly, Speed Pro bearings, Custom Grind Comp Cams, Custom Patriot stage II heads, PI stall and BBK Ceramic coated headers. I hope to be pushing around 650rwhp.

When I am finally finished with my engine… I would eventually like to do a custom paint job. Maybe something like my motorcycle… black with dark candy apple red metal flake ghost flames.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

Facebook - Sheridan Stein - Dallas / Fort Worth, TX | Facebook

MySpace - Sheridan | MySpace.com
    Last edited by bgstew6; 03-01-2009 at 08:00 PM.

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Awesome pictures!!! Congrats on TOTM!

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

Way to go! Congrat's SteinJr. Nice truck bro'

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome TOTM! Congrats buddy, very well deserved! The pics are amazing too!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Sweet!!! Congrats buddy!!! The pics are great! Another Well Deserved TOTM!!!!

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats steinjr. very sweet engine bay.....maybe for a paint scheme...the dark cherry red the 2010 F-150 Harley trucks are coming out with....hmmmm.....

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    nice that why i love this club everybody helps each other

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Thanks guys. Again... I am honored.
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats to a well deserved person and truck!

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome Truck & Congrats!!!

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    WOHOOO! Another Texas boy does good!

You deserve it man, congrats Sheridan!

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Way to go buddy!!!! You deserve it!!!! Can't wait till I can make it back to TX to hang out with you and the rest of the crew again.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome truck Steinjr!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your well derserved TOTM!
    HOGTRK
    usflgwav

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome! Congrats Sheridan. Very well deserved. I can't wait to ride in it with the new motor.
    Rusty
    2006 F250 DSG HD
    Black 2003 #00023 - SOLD

R.I.P Blake "Fuzion" Finnell

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Dogg View Post
    I can't wait to ride in it with the new motor.
    Me either!

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast