Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixed my a/c problem.......but

HD4595
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't actually have a brand name. The company next to me at my shop is Global O-Rings Inc. So we just measured the ID / OD of mine and came up with the a match. My control unit is only two years old as I had this issue before and dealer changed the unit at my cost of course.

Like I said I was messing with my Vac lines to install a new boost gauge and I must have disrupted something. Will start again tomorrow (Sat).

I will post up if I find a fix or more issues.

Thanks

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I found this site while searching for the solution to my ac problem. this is an awsome how to. i fixed it in 30 minutes and only spent about $5 at the parts store. Thanks for the write up and saving me alot of money

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    welcome to the site!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ok this thread was great...my a/c has been messed up for a while but is now fixed thanks to this thread....i used the o-rings from lowes part #96750. they were a VERY tight fit even w/ the lube...if there is 1 person that cant find the o-rings...send me a message and i will be happy to mail the extra o-rings that i have...i am very greatful for this thread....Thank NHTOC!!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thumbs up on the thread! Just did this today and worked great. I got my O-Rings at Lowes. They are 3/16" I.D (5/16" O.D) Brass Craft item #sc0556. Pack of two = 59 cents Two packs and small thing of waterproof grease = $3.08 Thanks for the Info and HOW TO with pics

Name: R

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm definately trying this! I looked at the vac lines and seem to be good. Should I just replace them to be sure before I try this mod?
    My truck will switch from the vents to the defrost when under moderate acceleration.
    Thanks for this write up with pics!!~

HD4595
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I still do not have mine completely fixed either. I have a complete new Vac harness that is out for delivery today thanks to Mad Mike!!

Going to install it this weekend and will then AGAIN replace all the O-rings in my control unit. If that doesn't fix the AC blowing out of the defrost then I am at a loss and do not know what to do next. I have the blower flap wedged open so that I get air out of the vents but would rather the entire system function correctly. Right now I can only get air through the vents with it rigged but can't put it on defrost or any other function.

If anyone has an idea of what to check also please post up.

Thanks

the12fast4u
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    man i just stumbled onto this thread i have been wondering why my ac blows thru the defrost,i will be getting some o rings first thing in the morning!!one more question is the ac suppose to blow out of the vents in the back on the bottom of the console?cause mine doesnt blow air thru the vents in the back.would this be a problem related to the orings?

the12fast4u
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yep! fixed it!! thanks guys,so much great info,but could somebody please tell me what the deal is with the vents on the bottom of the rear console???

2002 DSG #2788
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thought that the ac blows out of the ducts under the front seats. Maybe the vents in the console are to ventilate any heat that is generated by in console electronics such as cd changers etc. Who knows for sure?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After years of wondering what was wrong with my AC it is finally fixed. Thanks guys.

the12fast4u
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i did the o ring fix and it worked wonderful,went into a store today came out got in the truck,and my a/c was blowing thru defrost again!! i bought more o rings incase i pinched 1 or something changed them out again.still same thing?the air only blows thru defrost,when i press max a/c nothing.when i press vent nothing .any advice?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I used orings that fit snug into the tube so ensure there was no vacuum leak. Did your feel snug with new orings or was it still very easy to slide in?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mine did not work with oring swap. After swap nothin but defrost worked. So lay on your back on driverside floorboard, somehow get your head behind petals(lol), look behind console for a flat silver rod connected to a little bar and pull it down and wedge it or I used a skinnky rope and tied it to the top or rod, pulled it all the way down and fastened it behind a bolt. It make all vents closed EXCEPT the primary vents( the ones u need in summer lol). No more defrost for me It's a quic easy fix for the summer. Just thought I might put my .02 cents in.

They Hate Cans!!!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did the O-ring swap today and it did not work. When I had the EATC out, I plugged the two wiring plugs in and left the vacuum plug off. When I put my finger over the vacuum lines only one was pulling air (The black line). I followed the vacuum lines to a plug down by the gas pedal and only had suction at the same line there. Is this normal?

Outside temp showed over 100 today in the driveway.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast