Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixed my a/c problem.......but

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the12fast4u View Post
    one more question is the ac suppose to blow out of the vents in the back on the bottom of the console?cause mine doesnt blow air thru the vents in the back.would this be a problem related to the orings?
    Quote Originally Posted by the12fast4u View Post
    yep! fixed it!! thanks guys,so much great info,but could somebody please tell me what the deal is with the vents on the bottom of the rear console???
    The air that goes to the back seats comes from underneath the front seats, and if I understand the location you're asking, right under the radio controls for the rear of the truck...well, that's a cup holder, just find where you can pull it and it will pop open.

Former Owner of 03 #8186
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the o-ring trick worked for me! I can't believe I didn't do this sooner, its July and ive been suffering for months in 90* temps..it took a whole 30 minutes.

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UserName View Post
    the o-ring trick worked for me! I can't believe I didn't do this sooner, its July and ive been suffering for months in 90* temps..it took a whole 30 minutes.
    Glad it worked out for ya!
    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Name: David

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If I may offer a suggestion also, I have from my old shop a hand pump style vaccum pump brake bleeder kit, I think you can still get one of these from harbor frieght for like 30 bucks, alot less than my mac deal, but will work as well. These come with all kinds of little fittings and when you run into a vaccum problem you can usually work thru it by applying false vaccum with the pump, and watch various things like heater control switches, vent doors, etc work and this may make it alot easier to find certain problems, vaccum leaks, etc. I can"t count how many times it has saved me, plus being able to bleed brakes on your own is a huge plus. This site is soooo great, all I have read or run into have been more than helpful and willing to lend a hand or whatever knowledge they can. Money simply cannot buy all that, and in todays world of b/s and all it is truly nice to have others help when needed. I am new around here in name but also offer my welcome to this world, I can't say anything but good for the years I have been reading and the few months offing what I can. Many great kool peeps around here. nice!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I just bought me an '03 HD F150 and this A/C issue is the biggest problem I have with it. The only button I can push on the controls that will let air come out the dash vents is the "Vents" button. All the other buttons and it comes out the top of the dash. Gonna give this o-ring replacement a try and see what happens.

Side note:
    Hats off to Rusty Rod for redoing the procedure using pictures. I read the other version of the process more than a few times and still seemed a little confused. As they says pictures are worth a thousand words. Once I went through Rusty's version it all made sense and have no question on how to replace the o-rings.
    Last edited by bigbubba; 10-16-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Welcome to the club bigbubba....we need some pics now...

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyhank View Post
    Welcome to the club bigbubba....we need some pics now...
    Thank you. Tell ya what, I'll load up the few I have tonight. I've been spending a lot of time cleaning this thing up and haven't got a lot of pics yet.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Let me start by saying today was a real bad day at work so I wasn't in a good mood when I started working on this. When I took the first plunger out I saw how bad they were. The only way i could get the old o-rings off was to snap them off. They were that brittle. But, when I got it installed and tried it.....SUCCESS!!! Works great now.

Want to say thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread and made this such an easy thing to attempt.

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbubba View Post
    Let me start by saying today was a real bad day at work so I wasn't in a good mood when I started working on this. When I took the first plunger out I saw how bad they were. The only way i could get the old o-rings off was to snap them off. They were that brittle. But, when I got it installed and tried it.....SUCCESS!!! Works great now.

Want to say thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread and made this such an easy thing to attempt.
    When I first got my truck I was SOO intemidated to work on it....seems like any problem I have had the great folks here help me out...this sight has saved me a ton of money but in the same breath made me want a lot of goodies so I spent a lot of money...like I always say....What the hell is the cake worth if you can't eat it!!!

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Rod View Post
    [B]... Connect a hose to the center vacuum port (where the black tube was connected) and suck it.
    It should hold vacuum. If it doesn't, the following fix probably isn't for you.

Just did this fix today. I did that test mentioned above and in like 7-9 seconds it would loose vacuum. Still went ahead with it. I found only one O-ring (front right) that was wigley loose. Only replaced that one. The rest were snug. Put it all back toguether and problem resolved. Thanks for the detailed instructions and pictures ;)

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    This post was awesome!
    so my Heat that should be blowing out of the floor was blowing from the Defost vents. Changed all 4 orings using the ones from Lowes (Prev. post think on page 3 "thanks for the part numbers") and air now blows where it should!
    Pepboys had the bulb grease, lowes had no clue what it was.
    Hardest part was getting the damn old orings off. Make sure you put the plugers back in and also the metal rings at the base of the plunger have to go on the correct way and line up with the notches on the plastic post.
    Thanks a million for the how to!
    Torrey

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I saw this "How To" the other night during one of my insomniac moments. I never really paid much attention to the heater controls being I've only had my truck since November. Evidently, reading this made me check mine to see if it was working correctly, and it wasn't (no wonder my feet were always so cold!). I went to Menards and bought (4) 3/16" ID 5/16" OD size o-rings for .59 cents each, took the EATC out, took it apart and replaced the o-rings in about 20 minutes, and it was fixed! 2 of the old o-rings were sloppy loose and all 4 were brittle enough they just broke when I snagged them with the pick. Great repair for less than $3!

HiTech Redneck
    Name: Jack

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fixed mine for less than $4.00
    O rings in the climate control are the main culprit.
    The O rings ate 5/16 OD, 3/16 ID and 1/16 thick.
    Readily available at Lowes or Home Depot.
    Several How to's to show you how.
    Easy!

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    I need to do the o ring fix. Before I start, any tips on removing the bezel?
    Kenne Bell 2.6 - JLP Forced Air Induction - MAFia - JLP Thunder Tube - 60 lb Injectors - Kenne Bell Boost A Pump - Afco Heat Exchanger - Walbro 255 Fuel Pumps - Accufab SBTB - Denso Plugs - JLP IC Reservoir - PI Stall Converter - Weapon X cops - Factory Tech Valve Body - JLP Comp R Exhaust - QA1 Shocks - Beltech Drop Springs - PST CF Driveshaft - Flex Form Fiberglass Leafs - JLP Shackles - Hotchkis Sway Bars - JLP Traction Bars - RotorPro Brakes - Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges - DiabloSport Predator - JLP Dyno Tune - Detroit Truetrac - Forte and Grabbers - Bogarts and Hoosiers

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady Al View Post
    I need to do the o ring fix. Before I start, any tips on removing the bezel?
    I just used my fingertips along the top edge, and worked it a little until I was able to get my finger behind it. Then worked my way clockwise around the bezel until all the clips released.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast