Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixed my a/c problem.......but

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadStang View Post
    I just used my fingertips along the top edge, and worked it a little until I was able to get my finger behind it. Then worked my way clockwise around the bezel until all the clips released.
    Thanks! Got to do this in the next day of two. My feet are freezing!
    Kenne Bell 2.6 - JLP Forced Air Induction - MAFia - JLP Thunder Tube - 60 lb Injectors - Kenne Bell Boost A Pump - Afco Heat Exchanger - Walbro 255 Fuel Pumps - Accufab SBTB - Denso Plugs - JLP IC Reservoir - PI Stall Converter - Weapon X cops - Factory Tech Valve Body - JLP Comp R Exhaust - QA1 Shocks - Beltech Drop Springs - PST CF Driveshaft - Flex Form Fiberglass Leafs - JLP Shackles - Hotchkis Sway Bars - JLP Traction Bars - RotorPro Brakes - Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges - DiabloSport Predator - JLP Dyno Tune - Detroit Truetrac - Forte and Grabbers - Bogarts and Hoosiers

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks

I know this is an old post but DAM!!!!! ITS RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!!
    The new orings were a little tight going in but the end result is ICE COLD A/C BLOWING THROUGH THE VENTS
    Just so you know its HOT & HUMID IN QUEENS NY THIS WEEK

Name: Steve

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Glad this came back up, mine works on every setting but Max
    guess I ran it on max too long in FL, like every day LOL

Got a weekend project.

Well did it this evening, two were a bit hard, the others were ok
    probably the heater and defrost valves lol

seems to be fine will test it in the AM

BTW Ace Hardware has the perfect match o rings for $.39 each.
    Last edited by 03HDSVT; 07-07-2012 at 12:38 AM.

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    replace the O-rings in the cervo motors . there easy i did mine in 30min just take your time. they cost $1.00 for all 4.
    [SIZE="5"]INTERNALY STOCK 5.4LSIZE]

When LIGHTNING strikes, the HEARTBEAT stops.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well I did this repair a few years ago on my 02' DSG and it work great. Now my 03' stopped blowing out of the floor vents so I got some new O'rings and did the repair. NO luck, I've change it now 3 times just to make sure, but no luck. Now it's even worst, all that comes out is out the defroster. Also, one of the cervos small foam its almost gone. Any thoughts? Has my unit bit the dust. Boricua

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Love this thread, I couldn't remember the inner diameter and outer diameter of the o rings I needed, so I just looked up this thread while I was in lowe's. Such an easy fix!!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362438079.108261.jpg
    Now the A/C blows out of the proper vents in the new truck!
    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Name: mike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have to do this to my truck

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So i did the test to check the o rings and it passes that test so its not the o rings what should i look at now were do i begin? Should i go ahead and Chang the orings any way?
    Last edited by mikeyboy; 06-10-2013 at 05:42 PM.

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Might as well replace the o-rings, they are a known point of failure.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I guess but the units holds pressure

Name: Anthony

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I finally did the o-ring swap. Awesome, works like its brand new. Thanks for the info guys.
    Last edited by AJ2004; 09-28-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Name:

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    on my 02 i replaced the dryer and installed a new ac comp. it only worked for three months. and every where i go i've been told there is no leak. yet it managed to leak out all my freon.. i had the same problem with the air only blowing out the defrost before but the place where i bought the truck rigged it to where the air comes out the vents. the problem is that now i added freon and new high and low port valves. the mechanic said the only problem he saw was the compressor not having enough pressure but ac should still cool while the truck is running. a week later no more ac. do the ac condensors be clogged? is that even possible? any suggestions

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    If you have a constant leak it's most likely the evaporator core which is located up under the passenger side dash and a PITA to change as the dash has to come down.

All of the other AC components that contain freon are visible in the engine bay but you can't see the evaporator core to tell if it's leaking, but it's a common problem on a lot of vehicles.

I would take it to a top notch AC repair shop that can do a more thorough test so you will know for sure what the problem is.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Name:

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    but if it were the evaporator core wouldn't it show drop in pressure right away? they pumped air into it and waited for any drop in the the psi and there was none

Name: Ruben Ramos

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Man this forum is amazing thanks for all the member that take their time to post the fixes for your average DIY like myself saving us tons of money and countless hours, just got mine done went to Lowes and picked up the O rings and it took about half hr to do and NOW A/C only on the vents Whooo Whoooooo lol thanks guys

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast