So for the past four months I've been stumped as to why my a/c was blowing out the defrost vents when on max ac and why it wasn't blowing as cold as it used to (yes I've already replaced the vacuum lines by the battery, twice.) I finally stepped up and got a climate control unit off of ebay and plugged it into my truck (took all of 3 minutes to have the old unit out, and I was taking my time) and my a/c problem is fixed. It blows out the correct vents when you push max a/c and it's blowing colder than it has in quite a while, I thought to myself "that was easy, I don't know why I waited so long to do this." Then I tried to install the new unit........(insert favorite expletive here)....... To people that have replaced their unit you'll know what I'm talking about. The 2 plugs on the back are identical and so is the vacuum line junction. The problem is with the width of the unit and the alignment pegs. For some reason the 2001 climate control unit is thinner and has a different alignment peg orientation (don't worry, I've already tried drilling new holes for the different alignment peg pattern but the unit isn't wide enough and the mounting screws won't line up.) So I had to unwillingly install the defective unit again until I can find a unit out of a 2002+, and just my luck all the ones on ebay now are from 00-01 models.

Rant over.

If anyone has a 00-01 and you need a digital climate control unit I'd rather it go to someone on here before I list it on ebay.