Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Fixed my a/c problem.......but

Name: Benny

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by throttle jockey View Post
    Too bad you're not local anymore Benny, with eyes-on I'm sure myself of someone else here in SD could have been of more assistance to you.
    Yes sir to bad, another reason I should go back tho! keep on adding to my list.

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    I'm more willing to bet its a bad connection in the EATC wiring harness since it started immediately after you pulled it apart. I'd start there. Pull the EATC out and visually inspect the pins of the connector. Apply a little dialectic grease to the pins and reconnect. Always start trouble shooting with the cheap (free) and easy before throwing big money at a problem. Also, always assume a new issue may be resultant of your last actions before assuming its an unrelated cause.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I'm more willing to bet its a bad connection in the EATC wiring harness since it started immediately after you pulled it apart. I'd start there. Pull the EATC out and visually inspect the pins of the connector. Apply a little dialectic grease to the pins and reconnect. Always start trouble shooting with the cheap (free) and easy before throwing big money at a problem. Also, always assume a new issue may be resultant of your last actions before assuming its an unrelated cause.
    yea ill try pulling it out again and hitting it with some grease see what happens. I also got a newerrr EATC from Harleyrider on here as a back up in case mine went to S*&t. I will start there before I take it in Friday and have them replace vacuum hoses.

Vacuum lines will have no bearing on electrical issues if that's what you're experiencing. Just to clarify... be sure to use dialectic grease, not conventional bearing grease.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Vacuum lines will have no bearing on electrical issues if that's what you're experiencing. Just to clarify... be sure to use dialectic grease, not conventional bearing grease.
    Well one of the shops I've taken it to ran smoke through the system and found it coming from in the dash somewhere so a suspected vacuum leak is around somewhere, and yes I got it lol DIALECTIC grease lol

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    As far as if the Vacuum lines would affect why the EATC unit was not working does not make sense to me though, I mean am I wrong? If the Vacuum lines where in fact cut or something my EATC unit would still be powering up RIGHT?

As I understand your EATC powered up but air only blew from the defrost vents before you pulled it apart to replace the o-rings. Once you put eveything back together the EATC doesn't power up. This leads me to suspect a poor connection at the EATC wiring connector you unplugged which is why I recommend inspecting the pins and using dialectic grease to help ensure good contact. If this trouble shoot gets the EATC powering back then you can turn your attentions to possible vacuum leaks.

Have you checked all relays/fuses for the climate controls?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Yea I just greased it up with some good old baring grease and still not powering up, I pulled one fuse because I took s look at the owners manual and only pulled the one for the AC door and still same thing as soon as I plug the EATC back in the defrost begins to blow but it's vent air like it has been doing .......I'm all out of idea my only suspicions is that maybe I have TWO bad units here ....and no one around here does testing on these or rebuild them everyone's is trying to get me to purchase a 9hundrerd dollar factory one ......any suggestions jk about the bearing grease

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Any other relays/fuses I could replace ?

So the EATC illuminates and allows for some operations of the climate controls?

Were you able to replace the EATC o-rings? If so, are you certain the replacement o-rings were correct dimensions to replace the old o-rings?

Did you troubleshoot the EATC as shown in this thread?
    http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...ost#post582388

Huh?
    Name: Philip

Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    That's it. Drive down here and someone will fix it for free. It will just cost you $500 to drive it here.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    No I am not able to do anything, nothing is working on it at all. When I plug it in the defroster just blows that's it. And I didn't replace the rings didn't make it that far. Also I purchased an EATC from harleyrider on here but that thing when I plug it in does the exact same thing. And I have not touched that one at all as far as taking it a part.

Can you turn the defrost off?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Can you turn the defrost off?
    Not from any buttons on the EATC only way it turns off is if I disconnect it from the back.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    UPDATE: Did a little research online and decided to send one of the EATC units off to get rebuilt and tested. I will be sending it off today and once I get it back ill let everyone know how that all went. IF I get it back tested and It still doesn't work on my truck when I plug it in thennnn I have a whole other issue I guess.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9