Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Been busy ZOOP sealing!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Josh, after your write-up last spring, I thought I'd give Zoop a try on polished plenum/C&L intake/idler pulleys. Worked OK through summer but is now looking pretty shabby with the colder/wetter early fall. Think I'm gonna "bite the $-bullet" during the winter months and take the stuff off and do more black chrome.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Mine's still holding up perfect

the12fast4u
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i love bling! but like the earlier post stated i hate polishing the stuff!! i have harley truck mostly chrome on it, but i have a lightning motor in my mustang,but im in the process of building a fully forged beast for it,everything is being polished! intake,valvecovers,stage 5 steig blower,timingchain cover pulley bridge ,i think you get the point anything aluminum that will be visible will be polished.cause chrome is insane expensive,but with all this polishing comes alot of cleaning!!! and i have seen the zoop seal but havent heard anything about how long it holds up?i met tony at mirrorfinishpolishing.com and he has aluminum looking like chrome,im thinkin bout repolishing a bunch of stuff just so it looks like chrome,the brighter the better,but he said he can coat it so no cleaning will be involved like un coated stuff.its not like auto clear coat though,im not sure what it is? but i was thinking about ordering zoopseal but i think it being coated it might last longer? any opinions?or ideas here is a pic of my intake and midplate

team breed polished windsor valvecovers

as you can see i already have a bunch of polished aluminum under the hood when i get this new motor in its all gonna be shinny so i need a remedy to stop aluminum oxidation,also have metco 10lb crank ring polished and stock size snout pulley in polished aluminum,and the auxilary idler aswell

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    more pics of that car, thats f'ing badazz! LoL!

Anyway, you need to find out more about what coating he's talking about. You can clear anodize polished parts, and it'll last a long time, but I've read that has a tendency to yellow over time, especially on parts that heat cycle. And you can't really repolish it back to remove the yellowing without removing all the anodized coating.

The zoop seal won't ever yellow, and while it is only rated for 2 years, you can use billet polish on stuff if for some reason it does discolor and it will remove whatever you're polishing, and you can re-zoop seal every 2 years to keep it looking pristine. The zoop seal basically just seals off the pores in the metal to keep it from oxidizing. Mine's been on for just about 1 year now and its still holding up excellent.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    man, i heard them l swapped stangs are frickin amazing! it almost makes me want to wait and try getting a mustang 5.0 motor turbo'd swap on my truck. thats what i was thinking about bc i know with the compression, thats what they are having in the mix. so say there will be turbo mustangs i here
    2009 seadoo RXP-X riva waterbox with rude rear exhaust outlet, Rude upgraded bigger supercharger, riva sponsons, fuel pressure regulatoR, RIVA pro blocks, riva rear air, solas prop, custom riva racing ECM, intercooler upgrade, intercooler relocation bracket,60lb injectors

the12fast4u
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    more pics of that car, thats f'ing badazz! LoL!

Anyway, you need to find out more about what coating he's talking about. You can clear anodize polished parts, and it'll last a long time, but I've read that has a tendency to yellow over time, especially on parts that heat cycle. And you can't really repolish it back to remove the yellowing without removing all the anodized coating.

The zoop seal won't ever yellow, and while it is only rated for 2 years, you can use billet polish on stuff if for some reason it does discolor and it will remove whatever you're polishing, and you can re-zoop seal every 2 years to keep it looking pristine. The zoop seal basically just seals off the pores in the metal to keep it from oxidizing. Mine's been on for just about 1 year now and its still holding up excellent.
    thanks man, yeah thats what im worried about i dont want it turning yellow,i though about clear powdercoating or getting it jet hot coated looks polished and its protected,just a few ideas i have had,but zoop seal is sounding good though

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    clear powdercoating can also yellow, and with ceramicoating or jethot coating on components that heat cycle they can also dull up. look at most headers that were ceramicoated after they've got some miles on them, usually aren't that shiny chrome look, and more of a dulled silver.

the12fast4u
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah i realize that lol thats why zoop seal is looking pretty dam good! im going to give tony a call on monday and look into the pros and cons of his coating,i was gonna chrome everything but cost is outragous and it holds the heat ,i had a guy tell me he would chrome my polished intake for 1800 bucks,i was thinkin to my self f**k that!!!, have you seen elbrocks new manifolds with the endurashine finish? i was wondering what kind of process that is looks pretty interesting

the12fast4u
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well here is a little preview of the built motor going in,i am getting the blower and timing chain cover and all pulleys and the bridge polished to

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    thats downright sexy

the12fast4u
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks im trying and hoping to make a magazine 1 day

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

Everbrite

Has anyone tried Everbrite?

the12fast4u
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    heres a few pics of the blower polishing process

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Did u do this yourself.

the12fast4u
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no,http://www.bandbmetalfinishing.com/index.html
    getting the whole motor polished,they just sent me some pics of it,thats pre finish its still not even done being polished
    Last edited by the12fast4u; 06-06-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast