Thread: 2000 F-150 Harley Davidson

I LOVE FORD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2000 F-150 Harley Davidson

i have a 2000 with only a few mods and i want more out of it what can i do with my motor to get more out of it
    i currently have true duals no cats super 44s cold air intake, accel coil packs, edge programmer , and throttle body spacer what are some good mods that wont break the bank btw it only has 80,000 miles on it new trans 4r70w

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Nice truck. Man I forgot how high they sit!

Got a good list of mods going. Not a whole lot to do with the N/A motors to pep them up. Can add an e-fan and a factory tech separator plate. Other than that your next best bet is the OEM top end s/c swap. Its easier than you'd think, and they're very reliable setups.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Supercharge it!!!!! Once you have whine you won't go back to N/A.

I LOVE FORD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    Nice truck. Man I forgot how high they sit!

Got a good list of mods going. Not a whole lot to do with the N/A motors to pep them up. Can add an e-fan and a factory tech separator plate. Other than that your next best bet is the OEM top end s/c swap. Its easier than you'd think, and they're very reliable setups.
    where do i get something like that

Member # 125
    Name: -

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    my 01 was n/a. w/ a cold air kit, torrie tune and nos, it made 320/464 at the wheels. all for under $800

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have this plus Mikes install kit sitting here!
    For the right price,,,anythings for sale.

Phil
    Last edited by phil6608; 03-29-2009 at 01:36 AM.
    Built Lightning block,
    stage 3 ported heads and Comp cams,
    ported L intake manifold.
    2.3 Kenne Bell blower at 16 PSI
    New BTS 4R100 tranny
    100 shot Nitrous
    Best 1/4 to date
    60'-1.6
    1/4-11.76 @ 116.17 MPH

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I say lower it, and work on getting a sweet ride with good mpg's, esp if you drive it more than 10K miles per year. If it's a hobby truck, then you can research all the go fast mods at a leisurely pace. the mod bug will always keep bitin ya!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Mike at madenterprise is who you want to talk to. He's provided parts for literally hundreds of these s/c conversions lol.

http://madenterprise.com/scparts.htm

There's a list of parts you'll need off his website. The top end kits used to be on ebay all the time, but you can still find them from time to time. Its defintiely the way to go.

As for mileage, I only got 13-16 mpg on my N/A setup as it was. I got 12-13 with the stock s/c setup. Was well worth the mileage reduction for the fun! Now with the fully built motor and 2.6 KB I'm getting 14-15 mpg

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just ordered MOST of the kit from Mike ^^^ and got all the parts today for my friends 2003 5.4 King Ranch 4x4. Going to be running a 4lb lower, 2.93 upper, headers, BIG MOUTH throttle body, 90mm MAF, no converters, flowmaster 40 series, FTVB for the smaller trans, Cone filter, and JDM tune. Should be a pretty fun truck, and i have ran low 8's in the 1/8th mile with just a 4lb lower, cone filter, FTVB, cat back exhaust and a tune in my 4 door harley truck. I previously had a 2003 Short bed single cab 4.6L with intake, MAF, throttle body, ported upper and lower intake, cat back exhaust and a tune and the best i could manage was a 9.59 in the 1/8th, and that was taking every single thing i could off of it and launching with drag radials as hard as i could...i can be lazy off the line with my harley and run 8's all day long.
    Last edited by 1BAD4DR; 11-04-2009 at 08:32 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My opinion in short...supercharger it. My buddy picked up the whole OE supercharger "take-off" system for 500 bucks and 42 lb injectors for 175 bucks. SOOOOOO much more fun than a N/A 5.4. The throttle response and torque goes THROUGH the roof when these engines have boost to them

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phil6608 View Post
    I have this plus Mikes install kit sitting here!
    For the right price,,,anythings for sale.

Phil
    haha this is sitting at my house now!

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD4DR View Post
    Just ordered MOST of the kit from Mike ^^^ and got all the parts today for my friends 2003 5.4 King Ranch 4x4. Going to be running a 4lb lower, 2.93 upper, headers, BIG MOUTH throttle body, 90mm MAF, no converters, flowmaster 40 series, FTVB for the smaller trans, Cone filter, and JDM tune. Should be a pretty fun truck, and i have ran low 8's in the 1/8th mile with just a 4lb lower, cone filter, FTVB, cat back exhaust and a tune in my 4 door harley truck. I previously had a 2003 Short bed single cab 4.6L with intake, MAF, throttle body, ported upper and lower intake, cat back exhaust and a tune and the best i could manage was a 9.59 in the 1/8th, and that was taking every single thing i could off of it and launching with drag radials as hard as i could...i can be lazy off the line with my harley and run 8's all day long.

Skip the flowmasters! They're JUNK! You'll lose power with them, and the drone is horrendous!

Let me know what other S/C parts you need for the conversion, I've got a basement full of parts!

Member # 125
    Name: -

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do I see another built shortblock in your future Josh? Tow vehicle that runs 11's?

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musturbo View Post
    Do I see another built shortblock in your future Josh? Tow vehicle that runs 11's?
    Distant future yes lol, Near future no

Just going to do the 2.3KB twin screw on Jekyll, keep it around 10-12 lbs MAX, go for 400/500, and I should be able to run high 12's in the 1/4 with it. That's PLENTY for the street truck. I've found over the years that 600 & 700 rwhp on the street almost feels slower than 400 rwhp on the street on regular 20 or 22" tires, because at least 400 hp you can usually mash it to the floor and enjoy the ride with the pedal to the metal. 600 & 700 hp you're 1/2 or 1/4 throttle and just destroying the tires spinning so bad, the truck almost feels slower

Why bother with the 2.3 KB to just keep it low boost? Lower IAT2's than a heaton on there, and it'll just be cool having two KB trucks

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The reason that i only ordered MOST of the kit is because of that exact same reason. My father builds several lightnings that have gone through all the stages, pulley and tunes, then upgraded fuel systems and pulley and tunes, then ported eatons, then whipples on stock blocks, then whipples on built blocks, then yada yada all the steps you can possibly imagine, probably much like yourself. The only things that we didnt have are the brackets and some of the hoses, so i just ordered from him and got it all at the same time, The guy we are doing it for wants it done asap.

I told him about the flowmasters, but he got them for free so he put them on...he ordered headers for it and i told him that he is going to hate himself for putting flowmasters behind a supercharged engine with no converters, it already sounds like a glasspack in my opinion.

His older brother just put a procharger kit on his 5.7L hemi with a decent tune and exhaust and was talking crap until he went to the track with me, i let him stage the back tire and gave him a bulb...needless to say his brother was ordering parts the next day when i patted the throttle at the other end on him

I drove his hemi and ran 3 tenths faster than what he did in his own truck