Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: April 2009 TOTM - Matthew "oki916" Katz #527

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

April 2009 TOTM - Matthew "oki916" Katz #527

It’s that time of the month again folks, time for yet another installment of NHTOC’s TOTM. This month’s award goes to NHTOC member #527, Matthew “oki916” Katz and his tastefully modded 2003 Two-Tone SuperCrew #907! Matt has always entertained us with his exploits and escapades that he has experienced in his travels.............. but even better yet is his unselfishness when it comes to helping out whenever and wherever he can with the brotherhood here. It wasn’t a wonder when he received so many recommendations for TOTM, from his fellow members. Matt found out that a brother was in need of some help and took it upon himself to organize, behind the scenes as to keep it a surprise, a pretty large effort with numerous members, making the telephone calls, sending the emails, PM’s and IMs to line up available resources needed and pull it all off. It is a true testament to his character and how much of an all around great guy that he really is. For all these reasons and more justify the title of TOTM to be bestowed upon him! I hope to one day meet him face to face and shake his hand! Congrats on a well deserved TOTM Matt!!!!

Now onto the good stuff we all want to see!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks? Specifically your HD Truck?

I have always been a fan of Harley Davidson in general since a young age. Dad had a 1989 1200cc sportser when I was younger and that was the first Harley I ever rode by myself. I moved back to the United States from Okinawa, Japan in 1997 and the family (Mom, Dad, and Sis) followed a few years later. I first took notice of the HD truck in 2002 as I graduated from Florida State University and was looking for a new vehicle. Since this new vehicle was being purchased for me as a graduation present from Dad and Mom, it ended up being a 2000 F150 Supercrew with a V-6. I began telling Dad about the truck and how much I wanted one, and what does he go out and do?, he buys the DSG at the end of 2002 and calls me to tell me “HIS” good news. Well, I can’t have the same truck as Dad, so I tell myself I am going to get the next one, the 2003. Once I saw the color choices, I knew it right away that it was going to be a Shamu. So I started calling dealerships, going in to talk to them about dealer locates, and checking the net for one that I could get a good deal one with payments and all.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

History of vehicles huh?! Where do I start? Picked up a 1989 180sx (yes I said 180sx, I was in Okinawa, Japan), which is a 240sx hatchback here stateside which started my modding days by joining up with a local race team to get the car ready for racing and drifting. Soon we had an RB-20 Skyline motor, full HKS super dragger exhaust, EVC, Greddy Blow Off, Pilar mounts, etc…etc… When I came back to the US in 1997, I had to wait a year before getting another vehicle, which turned out to be a 1995 4cyl Ford Ranger, did plugs, wires, ripped the air intake out and replaced it with homemade ram air and cold air, and flowmaster exhaust. For a 4cyl she really could get up and go. Then came the 2000 F150 Supercab with a V-6, first full size truck so I only did exhaust and intake, and really just used her as a truck. Then in 2003 dad asked me what I wanted, as I had rolled the 2000 due to a driver running a red light. I asked him, “what do I want or what can I afford?, cuz I want the 2003 Shamu.”, well we ended up getting a 2003 F150 Lariat FX4 that got exhaust, intake, and a tune because a Shamu was nowhere to be found and I really needed to replace the wrecked vehicle, and we figured this would be a great trade in on a new one.

Finally in November of 2006, after a long search, I finally found her, my 2003 HD #907. Drove 45 minutes west of Tallahassee to a dealer that had the Shamu and traded in my 2003 F150 Supercrew FX4 and we made the deal.

Well these “good ole boys”, just loved the 4X4 and made it known to me, so I really didn’t have to wheel and deal with them. They gave me well over what my truck was worth for the trade in and I only came out of pocket a few grand!!! She was finally mine and I was like a kid in a candy store!!!! Found out 2yrs later that Mike (Fepony) had actually gone to that dealership and talked with the sales guy, who told him “Yea, she’s got a 4.6 V8 with a vortech supercharger”. Well Fep told the guy what was up and also told them that they would never get the price they wanted. This was 1 ½ months before I came calling.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

Engine:
    8# lower, LFP Dual Pass Heat Exchanger, K&N CAI, D.M.R. Oil Separator, FTVB, 4X4 Pan, Accufab SBTB , LFP True Flow Plenum, Filled Silencer Holes, SCT-2400 MAF, MADFAN, Magnum Powers Idler Bracket w/pulley, Magna Flow Exhaust, SCT Tuner, Rotor Pro Rotors, Ceramic Pads, custom painted radiator cover/intake elbow/relay cover, steel braided radiator top hose, all chickenears set 1 and 2 billet aluminum pieces with billet hood struts, chickenears ram air, Tuned by Torrie

(Waiting to go on engine: LFP Aluminum high flow water pump, Try Y Competition Long Tube Headers)

Interior:
    Autometer A/F and Water Temp in Dual Gauge Pillar Pod, Sunglow Boost Gauge in single steering wheel gauge pod, Eclipse Head unit with back up camera, single 10’’ JL audio sub downfiring in customer rear box with JL amp, chrome tilt wheel lever, chrome blinker handle knob, chrome wiper handle knob, black Ford gel overlay on steering wheel, D.M.R. chrome kick plates (front and rear)

Exterior:
    Blackwood window chrome window trim, OEM lightning Tails, OEM lightning 3rd Brake Light, FAST gel overlay and 100th anniversary overlay, build number decal, custom pained air horn tank with air horn, D.M.R. Tailgate hitch, Chrome antenna base, Hard Top Tonneau Cover, HD Bullet Base Antenna Cap, Lunds Wiper Cowl Cover, 22’’ HD Replica Rims, Hankook Ventus ST tires, NTHOC Decal, weather tech window visors (front and rear)

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

Florida State Graduate with a B.S. in Marketing focusing on Finance and Management, currently working as a Financial Advisor. When I am not working or enjoying watching some Seminole football or of course work on the truck, watching movies, seeing live MMA fights, traveling outside the U.S., fishing, eating strange foods, riding my motorcycle, spending time with loved ones, playing with my dog, and basically anything that any real adrenaline junky would like.

Unfortunately, a lot of my old activities had to stop due to the back injuries, such as sports (football, golf, baseball, and soccer), weightlifting, running, snowboarding, and skiing.

So what’s next? You wanna know my sign? Libra

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

I have met so many great people through NHTOC. It really is a community of enthusiasts who watch out for one another. I learned this very quickly at my first GTG, when people I had only known for 15 minutes were tearing my truck apart, telling me how to do this, giving me parts, or selling me parts for an incredibly low price. This is something that I have always looked for in any group that I choose to join. We are not a membership, but a family, and family is what is most important. Since day 1, that bond has just continued to grow stronger and stronger. I can travel to any state where we have members and if someone is there, they will go out of their way to come get me and insure that I have a good time, I can call out for help for myself or another member and the response is just amazing, everyone wants to get involved, and of course the knowledge that everyone has and is so willing to share is just fantastic.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

I like the site a lot and if I had to make a suggestion, I would only suggest a category listing for the classifieds. There are so many things for sale, let’s just categorize it to make it easier to find, instead of just reading through everything page to page. For example, click on classifieds, and then it takes you to the page it does, but have some sub-categories such as wheels, engine parts, lighting, etc…

Question # 7:This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

This one is too easy…grew up in Okinawa Japan and when I came to Florida, I was dubbed with the nickname “OKI” pronounced “O KEY” for those who don’t know. 916 is a number that comes from high school and if you don’t know, then you don’t know.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck? So what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

The motor is definitely going to be built…when and how is yet to be determined and planning on re-painting the exterior with some ghost flames/skulls/HD emblems that were painted on the engine pieces. As for anything else, who knows, but I can guarantee that it will be something and will never stop.

The future is really just uncertain at this point, you all will just have to wait and see.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

2 quotes to live by:

1) “The rich stay rich by acting poor, the poor stay poor by acting rich”
    2) “A drunk man’s words are a sober man’s thoughts”

MySpace.com - www.myspace.com/17710678

Facebook | Welcome to Facebook search by email “oki916@aol.com”
    Last edited by bgstew6; 04-01-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Oki916's Other Half
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Way to go baby!!!!! Truckie never looked better....you deserve this.

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    That's my #1
    Slick
    "Suffer No Fools"
    "USMC 1968-2004"
    NHTOC #103
    02 DSG, Born 6/18/02, Adopted 12/27/02
    BG Racing Builder- Ford racing short block,
    Trickflow heads, 6# Lower, Magnum Powers Idler Pulley
    Hotchkiss suspension, D-MR Hood Mod, D-MR Cannon Performance Exhaust,
    Stiffler long bars, JLP street intercooler tank, JLP forced air induction,
    KB waiting to be put on.

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Oki

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome to the TOTM Club Nice pics,by the way.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats Matt

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Matt!!! I love when the FHTOC crew gets recognized. Libra huh? good to know!
    Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Those are some great pic's!!! Congrats

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Congrats Matt! Well deserved!

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Awesome! Good for you.
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Congratulations budy !!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Matt. Truck looks awesome and TOTM it's a well deserved title.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sweet Pics, Even better truck. Nice.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber714 View Post
    Way to go baby!!!!! Truckie never looked better....you deserve this.
    Couldn't have done it without your help detailing the truck for 2 days

Quote Originally Posted by Sport90 View Post
    That's my #1
    You know it

Quote Originally Posted by greyhd View Post
    Congrats Oki
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by 838stingray View Post
    Welcome to the TOTM Club Nice pics,by the way.
    Glad to be part of the TOTM club...so when am I gonna learn the secret handshake and password?

Quote Originally Posted by huot5 View Post
    congrats Matt
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaHarley View Post
    Congrats Matt!!! I love when the FHTOC crew gets recognized. Libra huh? good to know!
    FL Represent Yea, I figured that would get a laugh or two

Quote Originally Posted by cbrf150 View Post
    Those are some great pic's!!! Congrats
    Thank you

Yea, they turned out really well...just tried some crazy angles and Amber has a really good camera...she took some pics also, so all credit can't go to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1niceharley View Post
    Congrats Matt! Well deserved!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by steinjr View Post
    Awesome! Good for you.
    Thanks...couldn't have followed a better TOTM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marioec View Post
    Congratulations budy !!
    Muchas Gracias

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Wolf View Post
    Congrats Matt. Truck looks awesome and TOTM it's a well deserved title.
    Thank you...feels great

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations Brother!!!!!! Repesent Florida!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast