Thread: Lowering

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lowering

Ok, I'm now ready to try to lower my '08 HD Saleen SC Ford. Trouble is that I don't want to diminsh towing capacity as I have a trailer for motorcycles and sometimes tow up to 3,500 lbs with dirt bikes, 4 wheelers etc.

Would be looking to drop it 4-5" in rear and 2-3 in front.

I've seen the Roush setup, looking for some real-world experiences if possible.

Also would like to know if you did the work yourself or if you had a shop do it and what special tools are required.

Many Thanks
    Randy

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wwldman, (wayne) can point you in the right direction. IIRC, he did 4" lowering leafs with 2 " drop shackles and got about a five inch drop. 2" front lowering springs or drop spindles will work up front. no rubbing issues whatsoever. I did the 2/5 Ground force drop ( rear flip kit, shocks, front springs). the look is great, but definitely sacrificed the towing capabilities.

from this

to this. I switched to 08 wheels, and also did 265/40/22 up front for experimenting with a little rake.
    Last edited by huot5; 04-03-2009 at 12:43 PM.

Name: T L

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    why not just do 2" rear drop shackles (that leave 1/2" plus on the rear) and leave the front the same. that might get you what you need
    i have an extra set some where in the garage, if your interested
    have fun, todd

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yes

I did the 2" rear and it works esp. if you put a trailer on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BACKIN BLACK

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

exhaust

Notice the exhaust on the left side. Right side matches the left.
    Last edited by BACKIN BLACK; 07-15-2009 at 09:38 PM.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think a Heavy Duty Air-lift is what Randy needs; to satisfy trying to lower the rear 4-5" and not lose towing capacity'

Here's the GF 2/5 drop with the original Pirellis on all 4 corners. the driveway is inclined, so the pic might look like the rear is lower. I think in that pic, I did remove the rear spare.

Last edited by huot5; 07-16-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

drop

I removed the rear spring block yesterday to add some more drop to the rear. Any one know what the purpose of the block is other than raising the rear. Have not driven the thing much, only to FORD to check the front end. Put a Belltech rear drop the day after I bought it which I think it was a 2-3. Front end was all good with these changes. Was told the ride might be a little rougher. Can't see that due to the spring is sitting on the same amount of surface only thing is the shock may not have as much bottoming length. FEEDBACK, ANYONE DONE THIS. Truck does look better . Still waiting on Troyer for my idler and tune.

tdr6874
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think the best explanation of the blocks is that all f150s with a tow package came with the blocks

B U R N I N R U B B E R
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The first thing i did was take mine out. The ride wont change at all... They just give you an extra .75" in height for towing.

Name: Brian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BACKIN BLACK View Post
    I removed the rear spring block yesterday to add some more drop to the rear. Any one know what the purpose of the block is other than raising the rear. Have not driven the thing much, only to FORD to check the front end. Put a Belltech rear drop the day after I bought it which I think it was a 2-3. Front end was all good with these changes. Was told the ride might be a little rougher. Can't see that due to the spring is sitting on the same amount of surface only thing is the shock may not have as much bottoming length. FEEDBACK, ANYONE DONE THIS. Truck does look better . Still waiting on Troyer for my idler and tune.
    Hey Guys, I took a look under mine, and I think that see what blocks that you guys are talking about....but to be sure before I remove it, does someone have a pic of those blocks...or can you explain a little more of where exactly they are located....

Thanks!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I installed the ground force kit 9944 2/4.New springs and Bilstein up front and new springs in the rear.The ride is slightly more firm but it corners flat and I didn't sacrifice my hauling capabilities.I did remove the spacer blocks. I hooked up my 24ft Pace enclosed car trailer to it this past weekend. The trailer is 4500lbs dry and I had a Model T inside 2000lbs it really didn't squat all that much.
    I could have towed locally without my weight distribution bars.I was impressed.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have DJM front 2.5 lower control arms used them for 3 weeks for sale 250.00
    plus shipping takes them. They are in the original boxes nothing missing with directions.uhrman81@charter.net