Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Over spray

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Yea...be real careful with the thinner, you don't want to eat away at your clear coat and then your really screwed. Understand you don't want to cause trouble, but this is his fault, his responsibility...plus if he becomes an A55HOLE, too bad!!!!

Every time I do anything outside that could remotely cause for stuff to blow over to my neighbors I go ask them if they could move their vehicles into the garage or down the street just to be safe...I get smiles and thank you's all the time.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dude, if paint thinner is having trouble taking it off, clay bar will not do anything to it! At least in my opinion...

Sounds like you need a professional detail job done. If it is that bad, it might need to be wet sanded and buffed.

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    use your finger nail and try to pop some of the paint spots off.if they pop right off you'll have no problem with the clay bar.when you clay you will need a lot of lube.I would suggest using a bucket of soapy water,just as if you were washing your truck.keep it very wet and change your clay to a new bar before it loads up to avoid any further problems.
    if your going to try a solvent to remove anything on your paint use liquor thinner(safe for your clear)

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    Dude, if paint thinner is having trouble taking it off, clay bar will not do anything to it! At least in my opinion...

Sounds like you need a professional detail job done. If it is that bad, it might need to be wet sanded and buffed.
    you'd be surprised what clay can take off when compared to regular solvents!

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Might want to give the guys at Adam's a call and see what they have that might help. I got some on mine too (I was the dumbazz that did it so I can't complain) and the clay bar took most of it out. I made sure to do it right away before the sun baked it in. My wife's Jeep still has a little bit since her's hadn't been waxed recently and it didn't want to come clean. After clay barring it she still thinks it looks better than before so I quit while I was ahead!

Good luck getting it fixed without too much hassle. Worst case it will have to be wet sanded and polished which will cost you or your neighbor some bucks...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2