Thread: Cracked...

Harley Cruzer
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unhappy Cracked...

I had a small pebble from a truck strike my windshield.

In a couple of days before i could get it fixed, a nickle size crack turned into

a 2 1/2 foot crack/streak across my windshield. The problem I have is that my

insurance won't cover it and if they were to get it for me, they'd charge me

to get a generic windshield. Not a windshield with the HD emblems. Can

anyone help me get an authentic windshield for my 02 HD.

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Check with Riverside Parts, a supporting vendor on here, to see if he can give you a good enough price to offset shipping. Unfortunately this is a dealer item and it won't be cheap either way. Good luck and hope you get it fixed!

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had a small chip in my 02 HD and from what I read most insurance companies cover the windshield replacement with no deductible. Did you talk to someone at your ins. company to double check?

2nd 03 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I checked with Safelite at Windshield Repair and Auto Glass Replacement - Safelite AutoGlass and they gave me a pretty good price on the logo windshield. I don't know if the price varies from region to region. I would check with them or with Riverside

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeweet12 View Post
    I checked with Safelite at Windshield Repair and Auto Glass Replacement - Safelite AutoGlass and they gave me a pretty good price on the logo windshield. I don't know if the price varies from region to region. I would check with them or with Riverside
    If you don't mind me asking, what was the curent price? did they give you any info on insurance companies view on repairing windshields? i'm sure Safelite doesn't mind changing them out if the ins. co. are paying...
    Give Mike @ Riverside a call tomorrow, maybe he can hook it up

Harley Cruzer
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the advise guys, I'll defenitely look into safelite and Riverside for help.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huot5 View Post
    I had a small chip in my 02 HD and from what I read most insurance companies cover the windshield replacement with no deductible. Did you talk to someone at your ins. company to double check?
    +1...yea, here in Fl it is on the books...insurance company has to fix the windshield at no cost to the insured.

2nd 03 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you don't mind me asking, what was the curent price? did they give you any info on insurance companies view on repairing windshields? i'm sure Safelite doesn't mind changing them out if the ins. co. are paying...
    Give Mike @ Riverside a call tomorrow, maybe he can hook it up
    They gave me a price of $475 install with new rubber/seals. They did say the price didn't include tax. Didn't ask about ins. that provision isn't covered in GA. We have to suck up the cost here.

Best trucks ever !
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink Original HD Windshield.

Hey dudes,

Come to Canada for a day!

I too hade a stone chip from a friendly dump truck passing me coming the other direction and thru a golf ball sized meteorite at my windshield one day. I thought i was gonna give birth to a small chicken it shocked me so much. Damn those dual wheeled trucks.

Needless to say the windshield did the job and keep the meteor out of the passenger compartment but left a friggin huge dent in the glass.

I took it to "Apple Auto Glass" here in Windsor and they actually asked me if I wanted the factory original glass and or a generic F150 glass replacement. I obviously told him give me the deluxe version and their policy is to confirm with the insurance company first before replacement.

He called my insurance rep and told him the particulars. They authorized the factory original glass without a question. The glass guy told me $875.00 + taxes (13%) here in Ontario.

He ordered in the glass, took off the original orange HD sticker under the rear view mirror, as well as the sticker from the Atlanta Assembly plant in the lower right corner and re-installed them onto the new glass as well. Had a great experience with them and it only cost me $100.00 deductable going thru the insurance claim.

So hopefully your insurance guys are as good as mine... it sometimes pays to use a reputable company to do business with.

Cheers to all.... love the truck. Crap winter is coming! Damn. Nighty Night for 6 months.
    Last edited by Harley2003; 11-01-2009 at 07:21 AM.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    had mine done 3 times.no charge insurance paid in full.for harley logo glass

Name: David

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    my last one was 650 installed quoted at safelite..took that to my local guy and they did it for 450 cash.real logo wondshield......central texas here..took them 2 days to get the glass =delivered to them.2 hours done fixed..

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    got a crack will call it in before to week out hope their no deductible this will be my 2nd cliam in 3 months hope they go up