Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Online Window Sticker Generator -- What options?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Online Window Sticker Generator -- What options?

Stumbled across this in another forum. If you replace the <VIN#> portion at the end of the following URL, it will pull up a .PDF version of your factory window sticker. Makes for a decent tool, if you are unsure how your previously owned vehicle left the factory, or you just want to reminisce on that day you got your shiny new truck!

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=<VIN#>

Incidentally, I have confirmed that it works when the vehicle is still in production and for Lincoln vehicles (at least the Mark LTs).

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Temporarily Unavailable for me...tried 3 times in the last 2hrs so far

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that it gives a generic "temporarily unavailable" message if it cannot find the VIN. I was just screwing with it a bit, and could get that page if I changed a digit or two in my existing VINs.

That leads me to wonder if there may be further limitations on what it can/will create window stickers. Maybe only certain model years are in the system?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I tried mine, and it came up with a error. My trucks an 05, whats yours? After a couple years the info might get deleted.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    worked for my 07. I have tried for the last two years to get the original window sticker from the dealer; too bad the A-holes don't know how to get it
    thanks for the info

2nd 03 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got the temporarily unavailable when I tried too
    I would like to get a copy of the one for my truck if anybody has any other means

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeweet12 View Post
    I got the temporarily unavailable when I tried too
    I would like to get a copy of the one for my truck if anybody has any other means
    If you know the original selling dealer, they can get a copy for you. I did it when I got my '02 in 2005 and it was free.

2nd 03 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know that I don't know off the top of my head. I'm the third (and last!) owner of mine. I have the carfax on the truck, but I don't know if it listed the original dealer. I will have to look when I get home

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that means I might have to take a drive down to the Ford dealership tomorrow! I have the window sticker from when I bought it off the preowned lot, but haveing the origonal window sticker to go along with it would be nice.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey guys I marched on down to Ford today to see what I could get in terms of a window sticker. After a little while the person looking came back told me that I was really lucky that they could find the origonal. They told me they couldn't give me theirs though so they ran off a copy of it. But know I know all sorts of nice pointless info. My truck was born on 12/10/2004... A Friday and was transported by rail. Oh and can some one tell me if the 6disc cd changer was mounted in the head unit or else where?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fireharley33 View Post
    Hey guys I marched on down to Ford today to see what I could get in terms of a window sticker. After a little while the person looking came back told me that I was really lucky that they could find the origonal. They told me they couldn't give me theirs though so they ran off a copy of it. But know I know all sorts of nice pointless info. My truck was born on 12/10/2004... A Friday and was transported by rail. Oh and can some one tell me if the 6disc cd changer was mounted in the head unit or else where?
    If they are the original dealer, they can order you an original copy. If not, look at the copy you have and the dealer's name should be on it. Contact the Inventory manager at that dealer and he should be able to get one for you.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like the legit printed on like real paper copy, as opposed to printer paper copy?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes. They can get a real window sticker that still has the peel and stick paper on it. Pretty nice to have one that was never put on the window, and to have the original for keepsakes.

2nd 03 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    anybody know how to locate the original dealer?

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I dont know if this will help? Under Window sticker listing about 3/4 page down.
    You might need to add the additional string parameter description and that may work?
    Don't know enough about this to even attempt to see if it will work?
    Inventory Service
    Last edited by Tazz; 05-22-2009 at 08:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast