Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: stock and dont know what to do...

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    A 6 lb lower is 9", an 8 lb lower is 9.5", and a 10 lb lower is 10" IIRC

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does any body know about the boost bypass kit and does it work or not and will nt do any harm to my truck...

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 93blacklight View Post
    If he ran a 6# and NGKs what should the gap be?
    Quote Originally Posted by C Dillon Go View Post
    .36, NGK TR6 will be gapped right out of the box.

Sorry I missed this...here is some info

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/how-art...lug-chart.html

Hope this helps

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ylimits View Post
    Does any body know about the boost bypass kit and does it work or not and will nt do any harm to my truck...

Don't waste your time. Won't provide any additional boost, and its actually a built in safety factor for the truck.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oki916 View Post
    Then just remember....NO 2 GEAR KICKDOWNS and be careful in weather that is 60 degree's outside or colder.
    I assume that you dont want to downshift from 2nd because it would place too much strain on the tranny? And also why do you need to be careful in colder weather?

Sorry for posting on an old thread but im new to the HD F150 and ive never owned a supercharged vehicle before.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbagpipes View Post
    I assume that you dont want to downshift from 2nd because it would place too much strain on the tranny? And also why do you need to be careful in colder weather?

Sorry for posting on an old thread but im new to the HD F150 and ive never owned a supercharged vehicle before.
    The truck automatically shifts to 2nd when you romp on it from cruising speed. But if you're in 4th (OD), it'll go from 4th to 2nd and thats a huge load on the engine at once. If you click out of OD first so it drops to 3rd, then romp on it, its not as much instantaneous load all at once.

And for the cold you need to be careful because colder air is denser, so you make more boost and more power, which can max out MAF sensors if you are pullied and dont' have a maf extender, it can lean the mixture out with denser air if you're tuned too close to the limit, and also bad gas can also cause damage easier in colder weather with that colder denser air. Most blown motors happen in cold weather, in the 4th to 2nd kickdowns, or in the 3rd to 4th shift into OD when at WOT.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    The truck automatically shifts to 2nd when you romp on it from cruising speed. But if you're in 4th (OD), it'll go from 4th to 2nd and thats a huge load on the engine at once. If you click out of OD first so it drops to 3rd, then romp on it, its not as much instantaneous load all at once.

And for the cold you need to be careful because colder air is denser, so you make more boost and more power, which can max out MAF sensors if you are pullied and dont' have a maf extender, it can lean the mixture out with denser air if you're tuned too close to the limit.
    Ok so if i turn off OD before going WOT, then it will be ok? And if i buy a MAF extender, will that solve the cold weather A/F problem for the most part?

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbagpipes View Post
    Ok so if i turn off OD before going WOT, then it will be ok? And if i buy a MAF extender, will that solve the cold weather A/F problem for the most part?
    No...the stock internals of our trucks are not the best and are known to throw or completely break a rod...until you relplace them you need to always be careful in cold weather.

Even being built like me, you still want to be careful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2