Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why I've been MIA...Formula Hybrid SAE Racecar! 3rd Place Internationally! (PICS!)

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    Josh,
    Looks great, fanatastic job. Congrat's on the trophy too. Kudo's for a well done project from the ground up. ...but come on now...no Ford or HD parts or stickers!
    haha no sponsorship, no stickers! There is a JLP Racing logo on the side pod though, so thats pretty close to the L/HD community

Quote Originally Posted by joedpl View Post
    What kind of speed is the car capabile (sp?) of?
    With our original gearing the car could top out at 68 mph. We changed the gears again to gain more bottom end acceleration and the top speed dropped to 57 mph but it was still way too laggy off the line, and we could never even come close to hitting top speed on the courses. With our gearing ratio now our top speed is around 41-42 mph, and we can actually come pretty close to hitting it on the courses. These cars aren't intended for straight line acceleration, but for tight twisty road courses. Plus sitting literally 1" off the ground, 40 feels like 80 anyway The steering is so touchy in this car too I wouldn't have the balls to do over 40 lol

I'll get a pic of the new rear sprockets. They turned out pretty friggin sweet after we swiss cheesed them. And the car really has gotten some balls back off the line. And even as sticky as our hoosiers are, we can break the rear tires loose in hard corning now too Obviously not the fastest thing I've driven, but by far the best handling, and one of the funnest!

4X4 POWER-STROKEN
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow too freakin cool Josh!!

CONGRATS BROTHER

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    haha no sponsorship, no stickers! There is a JLP Racing logo on the side pod though, so thats pretty close to the L/HD community

With our original gearing the car could top out at 68 mph. We changed the gears again to gain more bottom end acceleration and the top speed dropped to 57 mph but it was still way too laggy off the line, and we could never even come close to hitting top speed on the courses. With our gearing ratio now our top speed is around 41-42 mph, and we can actually come pretty close to hitting it on the courses. These cars aren't intended for straight line acceleration, but for tight twisty road courses. Plus sitting literally 1" off the ground, 40 feels like 80 anyway The steering is so touchy in this car too I wouldn't have the balls to do over 40 lol

I'll get a pic of the new rear sprockets. They turned out pretty friggin sweet after we swiss cheesed them. And the car really has gotten some balls back off the line. And even as sticky as our hoosiers are, we can break the rear tires loose in hard corning now too Obviously not the fastest thing I've driven, but by far the best handling, and one of the funnest!

So any chance of getting any burnout pics????? maybe with the rain tires on???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2