Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gallery Suggestions

Server Admin - Owner
    Name: Doug

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    The second thing was the photo order in the albums. WHen I go in to edit my album and sort photos, it doesnt matter if I select by file name, latest, etc. it still shows my album photos in random order

Thanks!
    Sort works fine - you just need to hit the sort button after you click the criteria

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    I've had my photobucket free account for years and it's never not worked

and I can upload entire folders all at once, take pics on my phone and upload then link directly into a post, etc.
    Thats nice. Maybe we should join a Chevy forum as well Saying go join another website when the gallery is one of the features on NHTOC isn't a solution. Trying to make the gallery better to encourage more membership, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_2000 View Post
    Sort works fine - you just need to hit the sort button after you click the criteria
    I've done that, it still ends up shuffling them out of order just in different ways.

The real question though is, can we get more uploads at a time than just 5?

Server Admin - Owner

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    Thats nice. Maybe we should join a Chevy forum as well Saying go join another website when the gallery is one of the features on NHTOC isn't a solution. Trying to make the gallery better to encourage more membership, that is.

I've done that, it still ends up shuffling them out of order just in different ways.

The real question though is, can we get more uploads at a time than just 5?
    The real question is did you check ?

As I said the sort works - I used your gallery to test it

in the attachments I sorted your gallery by views and by size both work perfectly.
    First you have to be IN a category, not in the page that shows all the categories
    Second the size is sorted based on the largest files size
    in the first attachment it goes from 58k to 68k to 73k etc

If your goal is to simply ***** then Ill unsubscribe from the thread and let you continue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by silver_2000; 11-05-2010 at 06:56 AM.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yes I've been on here since day 1, and a paid member since day 1, and always trying to find ways to boost membership and website perks, yet I'm just trying to *****

I've tried it many times and i've never been able to get more than the default 5 photos to upload. I see now you changed it, and a simple "fixed, its been updated to load 10 at a time" would have been perfect.

Despite the tone of your response, I'll still say thanks for the long awaited update :

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

Great news! Silver_2000, thanks for the update to our site to upload 10 pics now.....but drop the attitude please.

Server Admin - Owner

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
    The tone of my response and attitude is a reflection of what I see

Unsubscribed

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    ^^ Geez what a sourpuss. 17 months from the original request to update the gallery and this tech is acting like he just did the biggest favor in the world for us.

I mean I just looked back on it and Josh was doing the "pretty please" and thumbs up signs and I didn't see any unpoliteness in the request and thread at all?

Server Admin - Owner

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
    Apparently the unsubscribe didnt work - Ill try again ...

The time involved is unfortunate but I dont read the threads here so it really has no bearing.

While upgrading the classifieds to fix an issue reported to me by Bigd I happened to notice this thread - In looking at it the complaints about the sort are unfounded - its working as designed. The fact that it doesn't work as the user expects cant be helped. Some would call it a short between the keyboard and the chair ...

The request to add additional upload options never made it to me many months ago. When I saw it I considered its impact on the site and server and decided on my own to fix it. Time from awareness of a problem to resolution under 10 minutes - yet Im getting lectured about how long it took and the tone Im taking. LOL I guess I cant please everyone every time. Its also a lesson to only work on issues reported by Bigd.

I do know that members here who claim to have nothing but the best intentions for the site, their posts appear pretty frequently in issues moved offline for getting sideways with the mods here and on NLOC.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Nobodys complaining about the time it took to get this fixed since its obviously not a top priority to keep the website up, and we've all said we appreciate the update even though its been hanging out there for a while, but the tone of the replys are just in response to the tone you gave us. Excuse us for still being enthusiastic about our trucks and the club and not taking kindly to the insults towards us. Pretty apparent you moved into the vette world and haven't been around to even have the grounds to go and call me a troublemaker, but I'll pass by all that and drop it. The continued help on the boards is appreciated since the tech stuff isn't easy, but hopefully nextime nobody takes a wizz in your cheerioes in the morning.

Thanks again for the update on the gallery :

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chit storm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2