Thread: Ford-HD Alliance Beyond 2004?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ford-HD Alliance Beyond 2004?

TMGBOB may be able to confirm this, but I just read a quote from Jim O'Connor (group vice president, North America Marketing, Sales and Service) about the future of the Ford-HD alliance. He was speaking at the Road Home stop at Ford World Headquarters.

Things are looking up...

Because of their unique alliance (Ford & HD), which has resulted in the release of five limited edition trucks, Ford offered to be a host site during Harley's "Ride Home" celebration.

And while the initial five-year alliance has run its course, on paper, there is little doubt these two American icons will remain together.

"Our alliance has really done a tremendous job in what both companies do well, and that is connect with our customers," said Jim O'Connor, group vice president, North America Marketing, Sales and Service. "We've really been very, very careful to protect the DNA branding of our products, if you will, so I would like to think we would extend the alliance into the future. This is really a very special event for Harley-Davidson and it is great to host them on their ride through to Milwaukee."

"We have really enjoyed the relationship with Ford," said Bleustein (Jeff Bleustein, chairman and CEO, Harley-Davidson). "I think we've learned a lot from one another. If it is working for both parties there is no reason it shouldn't go on."
    Hoggin'
    2002 #2161 - DSG

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    While at TTTT, we were lucky enough to engage in long conversations with the F-150 HD design team from Ford. They had told us that Ford and Harley had renewed their alliance for another four years.
    NHTOC #11
    2003 HD 2Tone #4270

We are upping our standards....so up yours!

Bob the HD Truck Marketing Man..."Ask me First!"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Heres the "Official" scoop. Ford and Harley have signed an agreement which carries through to the 2007 model year. There will continue to be Good Things coming from the Ford/Harley Davidson Alliance!

Bob Ashton aka TMGBOB

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That is great to hear!!!!!!
    Rick