Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: July 2009 TOTM - James "03_HD_F150SC" Wesley Jr. #494

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

July 2009 TOTM - James "03_HD_F150SC" Wesley Jr. #494

Jumping straight into the month of July….its time again for NHTOC’s Prestigious Truck of the Month Award. This month’s award takes us up to the home of the Motor City….Michigan! We are proud to present the Truck of the Month to James "03_HD_F150SC" Wesley Jr. and his immaculate 2003 Black SuperCrew ##9975. Wes has been around here a couple of years and always ever helpful assisting the family here whenever he can, not to mention being a US Army Veteran…it was fitting that he won the award for July! Many past recipients and even Wes himself boast of the family here at NHTOC and their unselfish willingness to help and assist other. Well, Wes is one of the members who exemplifies this statement and we are truly blessed to have him here among us sharing in this passion (or affliction LOL) that we all have in common.

Congrats Wes on a justly deserved TOTM!! Now onto the good stuff!.

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your HD Truck?

During a visit to the Detroit Auto Show, I decided to check out the Ford truck exhibit to get a look at the Harley Truck I’d heard about. Well after seeing the truck first hand I was completely smitten. I picked up some color brochures and keep them in my desk. I vowed that one day I would own one. Originally wanted a two tone, but one test drive in a black one and it became the one I bought.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles yyou've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

I’ve owned a several since beginning to drive in the late sixties. Some of the most memorable ones were; a 66 LeMans, which I installed a 389 GTO engine and trans, a 64 Impala that I installed Lincoln Continental Mark 64/40 front electric seats, 74 Cutlass S with Swivel Buckets, and a 1988 Chrysler Conquest TSi which I currently own.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

2.93" Non-Slip Upper & 5lb Lower Pulleys, MP Bracket w/90MM Dbl Bearing Idlers, K&N FIPK2 CAI, L&S Oil Separator, F-250 Tranny Cooler w/B&M Remote Filter Kit and Moroso Trans Pan. MagnaFlow's "L" Exit Cat-Back, Belltech Pro Sport 1"-2" Drop Coils on 2", Belltech 3" - 4" Drop Leaf Springs, Sulastic Rubber Springs, “L” Spec Bilstein’s Front & HPS 1000 Shocks Rear. 22" Detroit Replica Wheels w/Toyo Proxes S/T 285/35's Front & 305/40's Rear. AeroForce Interceptor OBDII and Innovate MotorSport WideBand Guages.

http://www.nhtoc.com/photopost/data/...-Wideband1.jpg

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

Became an Army Civilian Retiree May 2008. Was a member of the last US Draft and served 72-74. I enjoy motorcycle riding, collecting and listing to Jazz LP’s from the late 40’s through the mid 60’s, learned to enjoy working on the truck and checking out the NHTOC Forum.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

What’s best to me and keeps me coming back is the spirit of friendship, good-fellowship and the wiliness of members to unselfishly help others. Here you can ask questions and get help without fear of harsh criticism.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

None that I can think of.

Question # 7: This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

Just a simple combination of the trucks model year, HD designation, Ford F150 Model, plus SC for SuperCharged.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

Not a lot for the future, perhaps a cowl Hood, ported supercharger, plenum and single blade throttle body.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

I’d like to say thanks to the NHTOC family for their help in guiding me through process of selecting the mods for my truck, as well as instruction to install many of those items. Without their help and guidance, it would have been a painful and expensive journey.
    Finally, a BIG thanks for making me TOTM, it’s a real honor to be chosen.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats James. definitely a great looking truck.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Congratulations there James!!!!! Great looking '03. Welcome to the TOTM club

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Wes! You really have a fantastic looking ride. The truck reflects your attention to detail & pride of ownership. Well deserved!
    Paul

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrat's. Very well deserved. I hate looking at your truck because it really makes me miss mine. But I can't turn away from it.
    Rusty
    2006 F250 DSG HD
    Black 2003 #00023 - SOLD

R.I.P Blake "Fuzion" Finnell

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Congrats!!! Love the stance and 22's!

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wes, definitelly well deserved TOTM, your truck is gorgeous, the 22's made it look more than perfect

FHTOC member too
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    great looking 03!!! Congrats!

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    man, i wasnt digging the muscle stance ONLY bc most ppl dont have the rite suspension to do it but since your wheel well gap is identical to the front, im digging the rake!......by the way thanx for you help with my suspension preferences. i got every suspension component in last week for the exception of just one frickin leaf, i thought they came in pairs. o well, but i cant wait to see my truck dropped like yours BUT I GOT A LIL' 2-TONE IN ME! CONGRATS!!!

BLACK '03 #3104
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats !!
    WHINE,WHAT WHINE?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

congrats!

Congrats!! Very nice truck

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post