View Poll Results: Which Upgrade Kit?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • JDM Engineering

2 22.22%
  • Troyer Performance

7 77.78%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Troyer or JDM Kit??? Please Help!

Name: me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last edited by sman113; 02-23-2011 at 10:50 AM.

TWIZM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No wwldman you didnt confuse me. I meant it as I'm confused as too which kit I should get...

Yes sman113 I bought the SCT tuner from JDM. And I've told both companys that I have gotten prices from them both. Troyer gave me a price of $1,000 for his kit with the 3.2" pulley and JDM gave me a price of $1,295 with a 3.0" pulley and new belt.

I just dont know which company to go with? lol...

Thanks for helping...

GunzNSkoal...

TWIZM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I also just thought of another thing ... JDM's kit comes with a new belt and Troyer's doesn't... Could there be potential problems with not changing the kit and adding a smaller pulley?

Name: me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last edited by sman113; 02-23-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sman113 View Post
    No, with the 3.2 pulley you can re-use your stock belt. I used the belt that JDM sent and had hell getting it on because it was so tight. I definitely do have to worry about belt slip. lol
    I broke the tension bracket trying to put it on and had Ford Dealer fix, however I went to Gatorbacks web site and got the next size up and it fit great. Tight but not too tight. I think it was for an Oldsmobile. And 1 yr later no issues at all. The belt they sent me I could not put it on at all. I still have it in the attic....anyone can have it it was of no use to me!

TWIZM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Damn soo the belt is hard to put on =/... lol I dont want to break something.

Well if any of you guys had the chance too buy the kit again at the prices I have which company would you go with?

wwldman how does the exhuast exiting out the front of the tire look? I'm thinking about doing that too when I buy the kit with the headers.

I appreicate all of your help with all myy questions lol! prolly driving you guys nuts!

GunzNSkoal...

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like the exit in front of the tire. Just a little louder in the cabin of the truck. I would buy the JDM one again but that is only because I can not personally say I have seen both kits. Basically I like what I got and the improvements enough to buy it again. But I also added a cold air intake tube to help force air into the air box.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nice harl! how much did it cost to lowered?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

??

There is not $295.00 difference in the belt and the 3.0 pulley vs the 3.2. Jdm kit with the intake is more on the stock vs Troyers is an after market look. Neither will pass as factory. You will be getting more boost with the 3.0 and you must conceder if the program you have will work with all of this. You do have a stock motor and the more boost the more strain you are putting on the motor. I do know that with the stock intake you are limited on the air intake for the mass air flow sensor. Both kits are much better than stock.

BACKIN BLACK

TWIZM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes your right wwldman I understand. If I do end up getting the JDM kit could you help let me know how to make one of those cold air intake tubes? And does your exhuast exit on both sides? or just that one side with the dual exhuast out the front of the tire?

Lol and BACKIN BLACK is right as well $295 is way too much for just a belt and pulley. I guess it comes down to what style I like. Although I heard that the JDM intake can take More Mass Air Flow then Troyers? Not sooo sure if thats true but its what I heard...

Oh and welcome too the site seatown!

Thanks,

GunzNSkoal...

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GunzNSkoal View Post
    Although I heard that the JDM intake can take More Mass Air Flow then Troyers? Not sooo sure if thats true but its what I heard...

Even if that is true, I highly doubt you'll ever even need to worry about maxing out the MAF on the troyer setup before blowing the motor on those crystal fragile 3V motors Can only flow so much air where you'll be closer to the blown motor zone than a maxed out maf zone lol

TWIZM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know, but man I just wonder which is better for me. I absolutly need one of them soon because I've started drag racing my truck on a local 1/8 mile track and my truck is extremely slow! And I cant stand it! I hope when I finaly make a decision of either getting Troyer's or JDM's kit with the dynatech headers that I'll have a smile on my face =]. The main reason I'm stalling on the purchase is because my moms going to take my truck up to georgia and I dont want to install it until she comes back just incase of any problems I wont be able to fix them. But I'm still confused and lost as too which kit to get and its getting ridiculous ! I'm starting to feel insecure lmao! Not knowing which too choose...=/

Thanks for everyones input...

GunzNSkoal...

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    well if you're not planning on putting it on for a while, the choice is easy. Since the troyer kit seems to have a bit of a lead time, but is priced MUCH better, get the troyer kit!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Shell out

They will both be better than what you have now. The only difference is really in the Intake style. A tune can be adjusted to suit your needs by either vendor. You would not see the intake with the hood down. Both are a great improvement over stock. You just have to shell out the $$$$$$$$.

TWIZM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep I know, BACKIN BLACK do you have the high flow cats? I'm going to have the local muffler shop make me some high flow cats because he said he can make a more flowing cat then the ones that usually come with the dynatech headers.?. I dont know for sure if he can though lmao.

I've been thinking will I feel a big difference between a 3.2 pulley and a 3.0 pulley? lol. And Another quesiton what spark plugs did you guys end up buying and from where? I heard I'm going to have to change the plugs with more boost and have them gapped or something like that?

Thanks for everyones help!

GunzNSkoal...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast