View Poll Results: Which Upgrade Kit?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • JDM Engineering

2 22.22%
  • Troyer Performance

7 77.78%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Troyer or JDM Kit??? Please Help!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bullet

Never changed the plugs and do not have high flow cats. Better stick to those who know best on the mods and make a living doing the mods on these trucks. These newer HDS are not like anything else. I do have right @ 400 rwhp with 450 ft lbs of torque with my mods. Runs better than stock but it still is not a bullet. Can't change the fact that the HD is heavy.
    BACKIN BLACK

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GunzNSkoal View Post
    Yep I know, BACKIN BLACK do you have the high flow cats? I'm going to have the local muffler shop make me some high flow cats because he said he can make a more flowing cat then the ones that usually come with the dynatech headers.?. I dont know for sure if he can though lmao.

I've been thinking will I feel a big difference between a 3.2 pulley and a 3.0 pulley? lol. And Another quesiton what spark plugs did you guys end up buying and from where? I heard I'm going to have to change the plugs with more boost and have them gapped or something like that?

Thanks for everyones help!

GunzNSkoal...
    yeah he'll make a higher flowing cat by hollowing out a cat, so its just a shell If you want to keep cats, you can't "make" one in your garage lol.

As for the plugs, i'd go with the ones your tuner recommends, and the 3V plugs are pretty funky, so usually the tuners pregap them for you or they come pregapped already.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! That would be a screaming CAT!!!

TWIZM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ohhh I thought you(BACKINBLACK) had the dynatech headers and a full exhuast? What mods do you have done to your truck? I'd like to reach the 400rwhp mark atleast =/... lol.

Would you guys get the cats? Or should I just do a straight pipe?? I'm lost? lol I just dont want it to be annoyingly loud! Let me know what you think?

Thanks,

GunzNSkoal...

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    unless you're 600+ rwhp on a built motor with 16+ lbs of boost or more, keep 2 high flow cats in the system.

TWIZM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But do you feel I should buy the high flow cats that come with the headers? Or should I just have my muffler shop do it?

And is there a big difference from an 3.2" pulley 8psi too 3.0" pulley 10psi???

Thanks for your guys help!

GunzNSkoal...

TWIZM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Because with JDM they offer the 3.0 pulley with the headers and high flow cats. But Troyer tells me his kit comes with the 3.2 pulley and to get the 3.0 pulley kit I have to goto stage 2 and upgrade the fuel system??? I didnt completly understand what he meant though...?...

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    But do you feel I should buy the high flow cats that come with the headers? Or should I just have my muffler shop do it?

And is there a big difference from an 3.2" pulley 8psi too 3.0" pulley 10psi???

Thanks for your guys help!

GunzNSkoal...
    Because with JDM they offer the 3.0 pulley with the headers and high flow cats. But Troyer tells me his kit comes with the 3.2 pulley and to get the 3.0 pulley kit I have to goto stage 2 and upgrade the fuel system??? I didnt completly understand what he meant though...?...

I'd go with the high flows that come with the headers, you know you're getting quality parts, and not some cheap no brand one for the same price or more from a local shop thats trying to make a buck on parts.

As for the pulley, a 3.0 pulley is a 3.0 pulley. If one tuner tells you you need fuel upgrades, and another tuner tells you that you don't, then you have some research to do. If you want a 3.0 pulley, then get one and do whats needed to support it. But just because you buy it from a vendor that says you don't need fuel mods, it doesn't mean you won't. Gotta be careful there.

TWIZM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh okay. Well will I feel a big difference from a 3.20" pulley to a 3.0 pulley?

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I say yes.

TWIZM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wwldman you havent had any fuel issues have you? And did you change your spark plugs?

SS Killa
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I changed the spark plugs when I went to a 3.2. First I had Brisk plugs (crap) but now I am using Autolite HTOs...

Both sets were gapped (yours should be too); I can't remember how much of a gap I am running. Before I was running the upgraded setup my engine pinged and chipped one of my plugs, which caused the truck to run like it was missing. Proper gapping will help avoid this...

With regard to the upgraded fuel system, at ~450 RWHP you should consider upgrading the fuel system (according to all research that I have done.) That being said, I don't think that a 3.0 will bring you quite up to 450 at the wheels unless you have some other mods that are adding additional HP. If I am not mistaken, JDM uses a modified GT500 setup in their S331.
    Last edited by wcdean; 09-05-2009 at 01:17 PM.

TWIZM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I highly doubt I'll be at 450 RWHP. I'm just hoping I will atleast get 400 RWHP with either kit and the dynatech headers. wcdean what kit do you have Troyers or JDM? And where'd you get the spark plugs from?

Thanks

GunzNSkoal...

SS Killa
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    JDM kit with a 3.2 (currently) but I am switching to a 3.0 in a month or two when I get my headers and an efan put in. Unfortunately this will max out my performance mods until I go for forged internals...

You should be able to get the plugs at Summit or any other online part supplier for roughly 10-15 bucks a piece...
    Last edited by wcdean; 09-06-2009 at 09:05 AM.

2007 Saleen S331
    5.4L/4.56, 8 lbs. of boost, JDM CAI, 3" Maggie duals, custom fabbed Fluidyne intercooler, tuned by Patrick at PSI Motorsports
    Kenwood CD/DVD/NAV, Alpine amps, JL subs

TWIZM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ohhh okay how do you like it so far? What is an efan? Are you gonna go with the Dynatech headers also? lol sorry bout all the questions.

Thanks,

GunzNSkoal...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast