Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SoCal?..RET?..Swanson?..

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like HDsouthcali stated, you are wasting your money, just get all your mods together, hold a gtg to install them and then get a dyno custom tune. I also ran the pre-canned tune(what come with the predator) 91 octane for about 6 months then I got a custom dyno. I need an updated one due to other mods I have done to my truck and what to see what she puts down.

Every truck reacts different to each mod.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    kinda off subject but what you guys think about the kenwood DNX 6140 for a head unit i know i gotta shave some of the back cause it dont fit and all but what you guys think of it?

Mods:
    JLP Ram Air

Diablo Sport Predator
    C&L Inlet Elbow

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To the OP:

I recently had my truck tuned by Swanson after my L s/c swap. He does good work, although seems to be a bit on the pricey end. Definitely wait to get your truck dyno'ed, you don't want to do it twice.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2low2slow View Post
    To the OP:

I recently had my truck tuned by Swanson after my L s/c swap. He does good work, although seems to be a bit on the pricey end. Definitely wait to get your truck dyno'ed, you don't want to do it twice.
    Its best to wait to get in a dyno day with a tuner, they give a discount. I am trying to set one up towards the end of summer, so far 3 trucks.

As for the head unit, you cannot go wrong with a kenwood. I have the D3 and happy with it.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    alright boys a little update with me..just called shawn at so-cal and with everything...pulley plugs belt...etc and the tune would be hitting 1200 bucks...im guessin if I get the parts on my own and we have a gtg soon and you guys can help me put em all in and then later get the tune from socal but what he said was that with 1200 including everything all the components and the tune he said i would be in the 400/500 club the safe way...what you so cal guys think?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is Shawn located in Anaheim?

Gotta Get There
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitgod6 View Post
    alright boys a little update with me..just called shawn at so-cal and with everything...pulley plugs belt...etc and the tune would be hitting 1200 bucks...im guessin if I get the parts on my own and we have a gtg soon and you guys can help me put em all in and then later get the tune from socal but what he said was that with 1200 including everything all the components and the tune he said i would be in the 400/500 club the safe way...what you so cal guys think?
    You can install all of that yourself or hold a GTG and we'll help you out. No need to spend that amount of cash and have someone else do it for you. Heck, you can pay me half of that and I'll install it... lol

But seriously, you can do all of the install and learn a lot about your truck at the same time. As for the tune, you can get Socal or Swanson's to do that.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ya thats what i was thinking so be ready you guys ganna have a gtg soon...but how much you think all that would cost like a rough estimate...the pulley, belt, plugs etc..?? cause he already told him time on the dyno would be from 400 to 500 bucks...so how much you guys think all that would be??

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Plugs are 2.49 each at napa, belt 50 at vatozone, pulley about 75 to 85 in the classifieds. Do you already have a predator? If you do go with Danny over at swanson, you can call him and see how many trucks he will need to drop the price, but $400 sounds about right for a tune and the dyno time.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    is there a link to a napa site where i can get the plugs?...and about the pulley and the belt i was thinking of going with JLP....ya I already got a predator...so you think i should go with swanson rather the so-cal?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes go with Danny. Is there a Napa by your neighborhood? If not go to vatozone and ask for TR6 Stock # 4177. You can get the belt and pulley from JLP just trying to save you some money.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    alright imma try to get the plugs tomorrow from napa and thanks bro i really really appreciate it...but hey bro you live pretty near by we should get together head over to the track or something or just hang out and figure stuff out about my truck

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Let me know, I can come down to whitier and hang out there or meet at the track. Just let me know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2