Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: August 2009 TOTM-Troy "1niceharley" Huhmann #430

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

August 2009 TOTM-Troy "1niceharley" Huhmann #430

It’s that time again folks, time to bestow the prestigious Title of NHTOC’s Truck of the Month! The title for the month of August goes to Troy “1niceharley” Huhmann, NHTOC member #430, and his 2002 Supercharged Dark Shadow Grey Super Crew #9850 (and one nice Harley at that!!!). An ever helpful Texas gentleman, Troy’s been gracing us with his presence here at NHTOC for quite some time now along with his pride Joy. As with every past winner of the award, Troy is a dedicated Family man at home and here at NHTOC! Always providing help whenever he can and a contributing member whose actions make NHTOC what it is! Troy and his super clean and tastefully modded HD are truly deserving of this month’s award and it is an honor, as always, to present the award to such a deserving member! Congratulations Troy, job well done!

Now on to the good stuff that you guys/gals really want to see

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks? Specifically your HD Truck? Back in 2002 I started looking for a truck. I liked the F-150 Supercrews, but didn’t know anything about the Harley’s. In January 2003 my salesman called me up and said I needed to look at this truck he had on the lot. It was a used 2002 DSG Harley truck with 6k miles. He said I needed to drive it. We took it out for a drive, I fell in love and signed paperwork that night.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it? My 1st car was a 1981 Ford Fairmont it was Baby Blue with a dark blue vinyl roof, and it looked like a grandma’s car, I got it in 1998. I fixed it up and sold it for more money than I paid for it within a couple of months. My next car was a 1989 Nissan Sentra Hatchback; someone hit me and totaled that car. Then I bought a 1992 Mazda Protégé drove it for a while and bought a 1966 Mustang Coupe to fix up and then got a 1994 Toyota pickup. So I was 17 with 3 vehicles. Well I couldn’t afford all three so I sold the Protégé to get rid of one loan. Drove the truck and worked on the Mustang until I got out of High School. I decided to go to College and couldn’t afford 2 cars and go to school away from home. The Mustang was next on the “To be Sold” list. I rebuilt the engine and all that was missing was the distributor cap. The new owner brought it the day he picked it up. That was the first time it was started. I miss that car. Well with the money from the Mustang I paid off the Toyota and went to college. While in college the truck got into some finder binders and never could get it back right so I traded it in on my first brand new car a, 2000 Mazda Protégé. I fixed that car up and took it to 8 shows and brought home 7 trophies with her. And that is when I decided to start looking for a new project and found the Harley.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like! My favorites are: the Blackwood window trim, all the under the hood billet pieces, the 6lb lower, the custom tune and the Factory tech Valve Body.
    But I have a full stereo system and a lot of other little stuff done that I think makes the truck unique as long as you know what the truck is suppose to look like from the factory.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever! My hobbies include Boating, wakeboarding, skiing, Mountain biking and RC cars. But what takes all my time now is the boating, wakeboarding and skiing. I spend every weekend on the lake. I just started wakeboarding this year and trying to learn as fast as possible. So the truck is now just used to take the boat to the lake and back.
    I work at Alliance airport in Fort Worth, Texas. I am an Avionics Tech. Basically I take care of all the electronics on the aircraft.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around? Like everyone says. “The People”! The best group of people on the net. Plus if you need to know anything about the Harley trucks you can find out the info on this site.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place? I don’t have any suggestions; just keep up the good work.

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?
    I’m not very creative at all, so I thought my truck was nice so I just tried “1niceharley” and it wasn’t taken, so I used it. Now it is my screen name on all the forums I visit.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?! The next item for the truck is new brakes; the truck has about 50K on her now and is in need of new brakes. After that she is done for a while. We are saving up for a new boat. We want to upgrade to a new wakeboard boat and they are not cheap. After the new boat though it will be time to rebuild the engine and make some serious HP.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in! I just want to say “Thank you” to everyone on the site for the abundance amount of help! Plus for everyone that has put items up for sale on the classifieds which helped me make my truck the way she is today.

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrat's Troy. Very well deserved.
    Rusty
    2006 F250 DSG HD
    Black 2003 #00023 - SOLD

R.I.P Blake "Fuzion" Finnell

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Way to go Troy!!!!!! Well Deserved

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go buddy! Well deserved.
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Thanks guys it is an honor!
    Troy - 2002 DSG #09850. 378 HP, 465 TQ

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Grats!!

TWIZM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cool! Congratulations!

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very nice, but I do have 1 question. Isn't Texas a "2-Plate" state??

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well deserved Troy! I'm glad some of my 02 mods made it to such a nice DSG.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joedpl View Post
    Very nice, but I do have 1 question. Isn't Texas a "2-Plate" state??
    LOL! Yep, Texas is a 2 plate state but about 40% of the auto's I pass on the road only have 1 plate. So I chance it on the truck since it doesn't come out the garage very much and I hate having a front plate. She mostly comes out just to pull the boat to the lake and back.

Thanks again for the compliments guys!

Huot5 - You know it. Without guys like you selling stuff I wouldn't been able to mod the truck. Thanks again.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats! nice looking truck!!
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Troy,.. Well deserved! Bueatiful truck!
    BBU

07HD#6455
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats, sexy truck!!

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats Troy!

Ill tell you guys something, I have never seen a speck of dirt on Troys truck, he keeps it spotless! Good going bro!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast