Thread: Ebay Question...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ebay Question...

I've bought plenty of random things on Ebay from car alarms to an RC boat for my father in law. But, I'm thinking about selling my husbands paintball gun on EBay. I have heard that Ebay doesn't allow you to get the full price of what you ask the potential buyer for. As is they take some of the money you make from the sale. Is this true?

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, ebay adds a "Final Value Fee" which they also take from the end of the auction and bill you for it. Whatever you do put up for sale, obviously the selling fee and if you accept Paypal, another 3% gets taken off your side.
    1. you can ask for a money order from the buyer to avoid paypal.
    2. you can add a shipping / handling fee to tack on to the shipping charges.

I have sold items that would have gone in the trash, so at least there was someone who took it off my hands and I made a little $ in the process.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It will run around $5 just to put an item onto Ebay pics, boarders, insertion fee ect. Then they will take a final selling price fee which is a % of the final selling price. In addition if you accept Paypal as payment they take 3%.
    I usually figure at least 10% goes to fee's but it could be more or less depending on the selling price of the item. If the item is under $50 your looking at over 10% $5 to list the item then the insertion fee as well as the final price fee. If over $100 less than 10% $8-$9 but as you go higher and under $1000 the % drops a bit since the intial fees to place the add are a smaller percentage of the total selling price. $5 to place a item that will sell for $900 plus insertion fee and final price fee will get you around 6% fees.
    When I listed my Predator tuner all the fees Paypal and all came to about 8% but it sold for $225.
    Tazz
    Last edited by Tazz; 08-11-2009 at 02:52 PM.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    you can go through the process of listing the item up on ebay, without actually submitting the listing, and pretty much see what it'll cost to list the item with whatever options you select for the auction, and the different price ranges you expect it to sell in.