Thread: 03 shamu seats and Zaino leather products

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

03 shamu seats and Zaino leather products

I recently purchased an 03 silver/black HD and after reading multiple posts I thought I'd give the Zaino products a try. I read a few good things about the Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner. These were things like it's leather in a bottle and smells like new leather etc. All that's nice but I was more concerned about how well it works?

The Zaino products I ordered arrived quickly. Among the items was the Z-9 and Z-10.
    I started using the leather cleaner on the leather center grey seat section of Shamu.

Just as a FYI, all of the Shamu seats I have seen the center grey section has that dark cracked leather look. If you have one or have seen them you know what I mean. Dark cracks that makes the leather look old and like it is just about to split and come apart.

I began cleaning the seats...
    I sprayed a little of the Zaino cleaner on a terry cloth and began rubbing on the four center grey sections. I found a lot of dirt came out of the cracks and this did make them less noticeable.

As I was cleaning the right rear seat bottom I noticed what just appeared as a new very clean grey round spot. This spot was much cleaner and brighter than the grey area around it that I had just cleaned. I tried putting a little more of the Zaino leather cleaner around the bright spot area hoping to brighten up the area around new lighter spot or at least blend it in.

No Luck! I was not sure how it happened and now I have this really bright clean spot.
    I'm now figuring I don't know how I did it but this is so pronounced that I felt I have ruined the seats.

I then began to start to clean the left rear seat. Same Zaino leather cleaner and a terry cloth and again a lot of dirt and possibly a very slight bit of the grey leather color was on the terry cloth I was cleaning the seat with.

Then it began to rain...
    Just a drizzle but enough to get me to head for a little cover.
    I closed the left rear passenger door and went inside.
    A few moments later the rain stopped and I went back to finish the left rear seat.

To my amazement the entire right rear seat bottom was covered with these little bright clean spots.
    You know, sometimes I'm not the sharpest tack in the box but I thought hey maybe water is causing the bright spots.

Things learned...
    I had been working the Zaino leather cleaner in a bit with a small amount of rubbing. I then took a terry cloth, squirted it under the hose and then wrang it out so it was damp. I rubbed the damp cloth over the left center rear seat section where the water spots were and VIOLA water spots all gone and the entire grey section was clean and bright!

Conclusion...
    I went back over all my seats including the right rear where I originally had the clean bright spot.
    I believe now that the original clean bright spot was a drop of sweat from my forehead that fell on the seat.

All the grey areas of the seats are now bright and clean and look brand new.
    I then rubbed in the Zaino leather conditioner on all the seats with my fingers.
    I left it dry and rubbed it with a cloth for a nice matte finish.

I am amazed at the difference. The seat leather looks supple and healthy.
    I am sorry I did not take any before pictures I didn't have any idea that it would be such a tremendous difference.

The End...
    I found using the Z-9 along with a damp cloth cleaned the grey Shamu seats so the leather looked and felt better than new. Again your results my vary.

I will take pics (of my pretty new seats) and post 'em if you would like.
    Last edited by Merlin; 08-15-2009 at 09:59 PM.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Zanio leather cleaner & conditioner is some incredible stuff!!!!!

My seats in #356 with 51,000 miles and the truck sitting outside for the past 9 years look just as good as the brand new seats in my new truck with 898 miles on the clock and sitting inside a climate controlled heated/cooled garage for the past 9 years lol. Zanio leather conditioner is to thank!

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    use the same stuff. My seats werent perfect as i bought used. But the zaino really brought them back

Here's a couple of pics I took today.

This is the drivers seat! Usually the worst appearance.

Here's a pic from the steering wheel.

Now does anybody know how to make the wrinkles in the dark leather disappear?
    Last edited by Merlin; 07-14-2017 at 04:10 PM.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    WOW Very nice!!!!!

Name: BRIAN

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    Just ordered some we will see!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRIANV View Post
    Just ordered some we will see!!
    I like Zaino products...Z-2 and ZFX are awesome.

Lets talk about hard water spots or acid rain. All over my sun roof how do i get it cleaned off?

Lets talk about hard water spots or acid rain. All over my sun roof how do i get it cleaned off?
    Rather than hijack this thread...please start a new one and I'll be glad to give you my suggestions on resolving your challenge.

IMG_1289.jpg With the zaino cleaner soft brush. and wiped it down with this blue towel. you can see with the black on the cloth it was filthy AWESOME STUFF!!!

I'd try Carpro Spotless

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    I've been using this and it seems to work great. But I would be willing to try the Zaino.
    http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-ric...m_campaign=CSE

I really enjoy the meguiars leather stuff as well it has the UV protection too. The zaino i use on the real leather though