Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: wrench time?

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    lmao i have to figure something out!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hopefully after i get back from ky I can get the truck dialed in and return to the track. Now when you two say 100% street trim are you talking street tires as well????
    02 dsg
    Current mods.
    JLP stage 3 motor,kb 2.3, jlp plenum,bassani comp r exhuast,High stall torque converter,2" rear drop, JLP CAI, Accufab TB, Diablo h/h, jlp dyno tune,3.2 upper, #10L, ,mafia,jlp oil ell. kit, dynojet wideband,JLP long bars, JLP IC tank,255 pumps,weapon x coil packs, denso plugs
    08'best:13.151@95.63 402/476
    09'best:11.89@115 548/590
    10'best:11.43@121 549/587

next up:2.6 kb,built trans,

i am!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    thats 100% street trim isn't it? lol

More like 110% street trim because I wouldn't bother to take the slicks & skinnies, jack, and toolbox out of the bed lol

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well I would have to get new tires if I was to do something like that. I would probably just leave the 22's up front and put the slics on

im running down the track with 22s, ton. cover and everything else! i grinded one side so far what a biotch

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxer901 View Post
    Well I would have to get new tires if I was to do something like that. I would probably just leave the 22's up front and put the slics on
    Why? If you're driving on the street you can drive on the track Its like ice no matter what anyway. Roll out easy then get into it harder. No lame excuses your tires are too worn to come out for some fun! Unless you've got belts showing through the tread, in that case get off the street too! lol

Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    im running down the track with 22s, ton. cover and everything else! i grinded one side so far what a biotch
    ditto! still got my subbox and all that stuff in #356 too since that trucks got the insane alarm system. Not transferring it to the newer truck till I get DEI's latest & greatest

And ah come on the calipers aren't that bad. Tedious maybe with all the test fitting, but it goes pretty quickly once you know where to grind!

the calipers are a nightmare! it started to rain and i thought i got all the dust off. anywho i went to wash the truck sunday and found that the dust turned to rust droplets and ate through my clearcoat! looks like my next mod is paint in the spring

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha yeah man the dust is brutal. I took my truck for a drive right away to blow most off first, then washed it to get the rest off without scratching it into the paint. I still found rust specs on the axle and leafs when I was doing my new t-bars and fiberglas leafs from the small specs that blew around the undercarraige, so I went on a painting fest to cover all that up. I'd make sure you wash the underside of your truck when you're finished to get the rest off.

My driveway also turned orange under the truck from all the rusty flecks of caliper after the first rain lol

yeah my stones are discolored

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2