Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: An '04 HD F-150 with '08 paint and emblems....very shady...need help!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    Josh, on top of that that - the original poster did not say if it was a supercrew or not - but there was no four door until 2007. The 2006's were supercabs only.
    if it's got hinges, a window, and a door handle, its still a door. 06's were still 4 doors, just supercab vs. supercrew

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    if it's got hinges, a window, and a door handle, its still a door. 06's were still 4 doors, just supercab vs. supercrew
    You got me there....

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harly4d View Post
    You got me there....
    lol just a pet peeve of mine.....mostly from the days before supercrews existed, and people would always ask if my 00 HD was a 2 door or 3 door, since the earlier supercabs were only 3 doors, and even earlier supercab trucks only 2 doors.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry it's been so long...

Hello all...

Sorry it's been so long for me to respond. Dad lives a bit of a distance away from me so I haven't been able to get pics. He's been going back and forth on what to do with the truck and I finally convinced him to at least talk to his bank about it. I'm going to go with him so I'll be sure to get plenty of pics and get them posted for ya along with an update on the situation.

The truck's VIN definitely confirms it is NOT an HD (as if all the other evidence wasn't enough )

Free Record Check Results:
    VIN 1FTPX04544KB92646
    Year/Make/Model: 2004 FORD F150
    Body Style: 4 DOOR EXTENDED CAB PICKUP
    Engine Type: 5.4L V8 FI SOHC
    Manufactured In: UNITED STATES
    Search Results: 17 records found in our database

I would also like express my gratitude to all of you for the quick responses and advice. It has truly been much appreciated.

Oh...and just a side note...I'm a she not a he

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    didnt' know it was extended cab, there were no extended cabs made in harley edition in the 08 paint scheme. All 08's were supercrews. The 06's were extended cabs and all black only with different emblems, wheels, etc.

Goodluck and keep us posted!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Happy ending

So, the banker told us to contact the GM at the dealership. She was very nice and ended up knocking off $2700 from the purchase price so it all worked out. Final purchase price was $15400 (plus tax, title, etc)
    Here are the pics. The battery died before I could get 3/4 view pics.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Sorry to say but yea...that is a knock off....LOOK AT THE GUAGE CLUSTER...it says FX4!!!!

Call a lawyer and see what you can do

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep, we call all concede now it is a knockoff - I'd vote give the truck back.

First Pic - Not Harley grill - lower air dam - no rounds fog/driving lights - not Harley headlights
    Second Pic - Not an original Harley bed style - nor tail lights
    Third Pic - badging looks OEM - but for 2008's ONLY
    Fourth Pic - Non Harley Running Boards - 2008's were Supercrews (Four full doors) only
    Fifth Pic - Harley bed badging looks OEM but way off center - wheels are not OEM Ford Harley
    Sixth Pic - Paint job is not too bad - again running boards not Harley
    Seventh Pic - Wheels / Looks like nice aftermarket brakes (maybe the only good thing here)
    Eighth Pic - Same As Above
    Ninth Pic - Wow - way too many - non Harley interior (seats, piano black dash, harley logo accent dash trim and door panels)
    Tenth - Again, non harley seating
    11th - same as 8 & 9
    12th - same
    13th - same - gauge cluster is not Harley
    14th - same
    15th - 2006 / 2007 / 2008 Halrey F-150's were offered in AWD or 2WD - non were offered in four wheel drive - this truck is obviously an FX4 and the All Wheel Drive was not offered in an F-150 until the 2006 Harley
    Last two pics - more of the same

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Someone threw a lot of time,parts and paint at that truck to clone it.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Please, don't take my post in a wrong way, but your Dad's truck is nothing but a bad clone we here find for sale all around and post up the pics or the link just to show how lame some people are, and honestly, I wouldn't buy it for the discount they gave you, I'd rather buy an older but real HD truck for the same amount...or...pay a little more and get the real one.

Quote Originally Posted by oki916 View Post
    Sorry to say but yea...that is a knock off....LOOK AT THE GUAGE CLUSTER...it says FX4!!!!

Call a lawyer and see what you can do
    Just like he said...(but add many more detais that can be seen on the comparision pics bellow)

...And be a happy camper, with a real happy ending, and with a real HD truck

Quote Originally Posted by nariadnaia View Post
    So, the banker told us to contact the GM at the dealership. She was very nice and ended up knocking off $2700 from the purchase price so it all worked out. Final purchase price was $15400 (plus tax, title, etc)
    Here are the pics. The battery died before I could get 3/4 view pics.

Real one

xxx

Real one

xxx

The badge is real, but ...

xxx

Real one

xxx

Lettering is also from a real one.

xxx

Don't get fooled by the lettering on the brakes, they are OEM painted to make believe is a Brembo, but due to the design and the lack of pistons...they aren't.

xxx

Aftermarket wheels...

Real one.

xxx

Real one

xxx

Real one

xxx

Real one

xxx

Real one

xxx

Real one

xxx

xxx

TWIZM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow I've never seen something like that before lol.

Go back to the dealership and hire a lawyer if they told you it was a true harley davidson F150. They scammed you.

Take care,

GunzNSkoal...

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so, Maria, for the price, do you think an FX4 with all the add-ons is worth that price? there's too much going on with that truck....

Like Hoffie said, your dad would have been better off getting a real HD truck. or for that matter, a nice FX4 without all that HD stuff and wack azz interior copper paint job.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow they painted Brembro on the factory brakes?? LAME!!

I can't believe you bought that without researching to make sure it was authentic first....unless you don't care
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    its not a bad looking truck, but they pulled one over pretty good there. Like said above, they painted brembo on the STOCK brakes! You should be able to go back and get money back for that slick move too.

Indestructible!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its not really a bad looking truck..... I mean its not my flavor but all in all someone put some time into making it look decent. I would be more pist off at the dealership for stating that it was atrue HD than I would be at the truck. I mean the dealership was the one that said
    "Hey, this thing is pretty close to the real deal.... Lets market it as a real HD truck and see if we can make $$$$$ on it"

Cause you know that the dealership didn't give the former owner of the truck anymore for the truck because of the way it looked.... if anything they gave him less and played down the fact that it looked close.

and that my friend is why they were so quick to give you money back on a truck that you already signed the paperwork on........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast