Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: An '04 HD F-150 with '08 paint and emblems....very shady...need help!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

An '04 HD F-150 with '08 paint and emblems....very shady...need help!

Hello everyone,

My father recently purchased a 2004 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson truck from a dealership. When he asked me to do some research on KBB for the value of the truck, I realized that something was weird since there was no Harley Davidson option for that year. Well...I've looked up and down and high and low for such a thing as an '04 F-150 Harley Davidson and I cannot find a single one!

In doing my research I found this site and the article that details the evolution of the HD trucks throughout the years and it is my understanding that Ford never made an '04 Harley Davidson in the F-150 style. Is this correct? I really need help on this because I believe my father has been misled and should take the truck back.

Oh...and we were even more confused by the fact that the truck has the '08 black and copper paint scheme with the emblems that say "105 years...1903-2008" yet the paperwork he has states that it is an '04. When my dad called the dealer to confront them, they acted incredibly offended and angry and insisted that Ford did make that truck in 2004. Would the HD designation be on the title? What can we do? Is there somewhere that I can find undeniable proof that they are wrong? Or is it us that have it wrong? Please, I will take all the information that I can.

Thank you in advance for reading my post.

-Maria

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wow thats not cool. i am almost 100% sure they did not make A f150 harley for that year. If they were selling it as a clone then thats ok people do that. We do own some of the best looking trucks on the road right out of the box. But to sell a clone as a real one thats shady. hope you figure it out.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Ford did NOT make a HD F-150 in 2004. Read up on the articles on here with each year press releases and go in there armed with your information and get them to do something about it.

Ford made the "Gen 1" harley trucks from 2000-2003 in the older body style F-150. In 2004 the body styles changed for the F-150, so ford dropped the HD model for the F-150's and went to a F-250/F-350 edition harley truck. Those "Gen 2" harley trucks went from 2004-2010 and were all superduty trucks, no F-150's. In 2006, two years after the newer body style F-150 had been out, Ford brought back the HD edition F-150. 2006, 2007, and 2008. They dropped it again in 2009 with the release of the newest body style F-150, and just brought the HD F-150 model back again with the 2010 model year.

So to sum it up, ford made Harley edtition F-150's the following years:
    2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
    2006, 2007, 2008

Ford did NOT make a Harley edition F-150 the following years:
    2004, 2005

Ford made a superduty edtition F250/F350 edition the following years:
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    2009, 2010 (also available as an F450)

The paintjob and emblems on your dads truck are certainly 2008 stuff. But adding emblems and a copper stripe is easy to do at a dealership. Does it have everything else HD about it? HD leather seats, HD gauge cluster, nurf bars, tailpipes, etc.? All harley trucks starting in 2002 and beyond all come with a build plaque in the center console stating the vin # and build #.

I'm not sure if it would say on the title, but it certainly says on the window sticker if its a harley edition. Just be careful if its a real harley edition, or if its worded as some clone harley package.

Let us know how you make out. I'm interetsed to see what they say!

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Post up a bunch of pics and we'll help you by pointing out what was done right and what wasn't. It sucks if you paid a huge premium just because they called it an "HD"

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    I second the pics. NO Harley F150 in 2004!!! Take the truck back and tell the dealership they are full of it.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If the truck has all the HD "stuff" on it, it is possible the original HD truck was totaled, and they used a 2004 donor vehicle to install all the goodies on then repainted it. Whether that is the case, or someone is passing off something that only has a partial HD parts swap, it is fraud either way if they are trying to pass it off as a true HD edition from the factory. If they balk at your objections, you have every right (and a good case I might add) to take them to court if they don't refund your money. Good luck.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Wolf View Post
    If the truck has all the HD "stuff" on it, it is possible the original HD truck was totaled, and they used a 2004 donor vehicle to install all the goodies on then repainted it. Whether that is the case, or someone is passing off something that only has a partial HD parts swap, it is fraud either way if they are trying to pass it off as a true HD edition from the factory. If they balk at your objections, you have every right (and a good case I might add) to take them to court if they don't refund your money. Good luck.

Although I agree that's possible - it would have had to of been one strange accident. I mean the front end would have have to been ok to salvage the grille & headlights. The body would have had to been ok on both sides to salvage the running boards and wheels and the interior would have had to been in good shape. And the rear untouched to salvage the tail lights.

Lets see some good interior and exterior shots of the truck and we'll help you discover what's right and wrong with the conversion - but for sure this truck is not a TRUE Harley - Dadison F-150. Either way if you keep the truck or not

you're welcome here...

I just wanted to add - my truck is not a true '08 - I've got the '08 wheels, floor mats & black/gold interior and rear backup camera / mirror in my 2007
    Last edited by harly4d; 09-02-2009 at 09:38 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb Hd

What if they replaced the Drive train with a 2004 and set the 2008 HD body on it. I put an 82 Chev body on 76 drive train in Arkansas and had to title it as a 1976. The state told me that the title went with the frame. I had to put the vin plate off the 76 on the 82 body. Could this be the deal, titled as an 04 with a 2008 HD BODY????? IF that was the case it still would have to be disclosed on the sale. You can always do a vin check or CARFAX. I'd be doing some checking soon!!!!

YEAR : 2004
    MAKE: FORD
    MODEL: F-150
    OPTION OR STYLE: HARLEY
    Last edited by BACKIN BLACK; 09-02-2009 at 10:13 PM.
    BACKIN BLACK

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BACKIN BLACK View Post
    What if they replaced the Drive train with a 2004 and set the 2008 HD body on it. I put an 82 Chev body on 76 drive train in Arkansas and had to title it as a 1976. The state told me that the title went with the frame. I had to put the vin plate off the 76 on the 82 body. Could this be the deal, titled as an 04 with a 2008 HD BODY????? IF that was the case it still would have to be disclosed on the sale. You can always do a vin check or CARFAX. I'd be doing some checking soon!!!!

YEAR : 2004
    MAKE: FORD
    MODEL: F-150
    OPTION OR STYLE: HARLEY

if that was the case I'd be even more pissed about buying a totaled truck that was swapped onto an older frame, moreso than being lied about it being a HD edition! lol

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "What if they replaced the Drive train with a 2004 and set the 2008 HD body on it",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"Could this be the deal, titled as an 04 with a 2008 HD BODY?????"

Its just got the '08 paint scheme,,black and copper,,,and the emblems.I would have to guess,there's WAY too much difference between frames to do a swap like this.

nari,,,pics would help

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Body style was the same on the 04 as the 08. 04 was the change to the newer one. I doubt if the frame changed that much. Either way VIN# WILL TELL THE STORIES AND CARFAX. If it is a Harley it would have to be an 05 made in 04 which is possible. Still shouldn't be titled as and 04. Screwed up deal.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yea,,mybad.In my mind I was thinking a '04 "Heritage".

Pics and more info would help though.Id be crawling in,under,and through,,,getting any # I could find.Must not be too worried about it,,,he hasent been back since he posted.Maybe they figured it out on their own.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I do believe I would have done some research prior to the $$$$$ crossing hands.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    If it is a Harley it would have to be an 05 made in 04 which is possible. Still shouldn't be titled as and 04. Screwed up deal.
    Not possible either. There were no 05 HD F-150's either.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    Not possible either. There were no 05 HD F-150's either.
    Josh, on top of that that - the original poster did not say if it was a supercrew or not - but there was no four door until 2007. The 2006's were supercabs only.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast